Thread: Places for Indoor Bridal Shoot

Question Places for Indoor Bridal Shoot

Hi anyone would like to advice if there are nice shaded/indoor locations (eg cafe, etc) to do bridal shoot? We want to avoid the sun as much as possible.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Places for Indoor Bridal Shoot

photo studio and photoshop

Thanks! Other than photo studio and photoshop? Where else eg pubs, restaurants?

Fort Canning is good location for such shoots..

Quote Originally Posted by chick81 View Post
    Hi anyone would like to advice if there are nice shaded/indoor locations (eg cafe, etc) to do bridal shoot? We want to avoid the sun as much as possible.
    Botanic gardens
    Chinese garden
    Mount faber
    Hort park.. Resevoirs, seaside..

Hi

I do know of a pub located in city area belonging to a friend of mine.

Arrangements can be made for the shoot to occur before biz hours. One bartender will standby along with one lightning technician to setup the live stage.

Do contact me if interested. Small fee applies

You can try the museums, they'll cost you $107 ($100 + 7% GST), my couples have done a lot of shoots there. Avoid the weekends though...

1. Singapore Arts Museum
    2. National Museum (fully air con!)
    3. Asian Civilisation Museum

Or the pubs in Clarke Quay, prices vary from free to about $350 an hour, it's up to you to negotiate.

All the best for your shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by canturn View Post
    You can try the museums, they'll cost you $107 ($100 + 7% GST), my couples have done a lot of shoots there. Avoid the weekends though...

1. Singapore Arts Museum
    2. National Museum (fully air con!)
    3. Asian Civilisation Museum

Or the pubs in Clarke Quay, prices vary from free to about $350 an hour, it's up to you to negotiate.

All the best for your shoot!
    that's interesting. Any suggestion how you apply for a permit to shoot in Museum?
    Capture the moment

I went into the National Museum to shoot last Saturday (Graduation Gown)
    The guards informed us that no tripod to be setup inside otherwise not allowed.
    Handheld DSLR is still allowed and we shoot in several different position. The guards even guided us to some location to shoot as well.

Was told that permit needed to shoot inside nat museum.

Quote Originally Posted by marctheworld View Post
    that's interesting. Any suggestion how you apply for a permit to shoot in Museum?
    My couples are the one contacting the Museum, just give National Heritage Board a call. On the day of the shoot they just go there, pay up, get a receipt, exchange for pass.

Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    Handheld DSLR is still allowed and we shoot in several different position. The guards even guided us to some location to shoot as well.
    The guard couldn't give me a valid reason why no tripod allowed, anyway, all their commercial and interior photos , weren't they all shot on tripods?

cannot use tripod - what about monopod?

Thumbs up Re: Places for Indoor Bridal Shoot

Some of my fave indoor locations :

1. CHIJMES (esp inside the church; need to pay a fee which is not cheap)
    2. Robertson Quay (quite nice even if you are shooting outside the pubs and restaurants)
    3. SDT building at Fort Canning (nice nostalgic spot for wedding shoots)

Secert Garden at Pasir Ris Park used to be agreeable to let couples use the place before their official operating hours but I think they may no longer be running there any more.

The cafe at Mt Faber was agreeable to be used as a shoot venue provided you do not hog the whole place and do give them some biz.

Coffee Bean when they were a Boat Quay were ok provided you knew some one in the management but they have since moved out from there.

Rule of thumb is if you like the location ask even if have to pay a small fee it may be worth it. Location is important.

Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    wait, let me get this straight - if i don't use tripod or any pod at all, i can shoot with my DSLR as much as i like with whatever models? have to leave the exhibits out of my picture or not? This is pretty cool ...

i used studio light with a 3x4ft softbox in the musuem before. was not stopped by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by phazed1 View Post
    wait, let me get this straight - if i don't use tripod or any pod at all, i can shoot with my DSLR as much as i like with whatever models? have to leave the exhibits out of my picture or not? This is pretty cool ...
    Tripod not allowed to be setup inside. Monopod I am not sure. Probably not allowed as well.
    You can shoot inside with DSLR and long lens, they won't bother you. I even laid on the floor and shoot from ground. Neither did they chase me out.. And yes, i went in with 1 group of 5 ladies in graduation gown.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmama View Post
    i used studio light with a 3x4ft softbox in the musuem before. was not stopped by anyone.
    They allow light stands but not tripods? Hmm

from what i understand once the permit is applied you are free to shoot. Just state your intention for the shoot and inform them of whatever lighting etc you are using.

THey only told us that we have to supply our own power for the lights, and things like avoid climbing on the spiral staircase etc thats about it

thanks for the info.