Qualifying results out!
McLaren made a 1-2, Lewis taking pole position.
Rubens qualified 3rd, the kid behind in 4th place.
Button managed 5th position, with Iceman in 6th.
Webber only managed 9th spot.
Newcomers? Romain Grosjean in P14, and Luca Badoer right at the back.
Must say that Kovalainen did a great job, managed to qualify just behind Lewis despite NOT having any upgrades.
Who is this Luca guy? I got no confidence in him at all!
See below (from: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../8/9789.html):
Below is the provisional grid for the European Grand Prix with each car's weight.
1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 653kg
2. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 655
3. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 662.5
4. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 654
5. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 661.5
6. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 661.5
7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 665
8. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 656.5
9. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 664.5
10. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 657.5
11. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 677
12. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 672.5
13. Timo Glock, Toyota, 694.7
14. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 677.7
15. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 688.5
16. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 692.5
17. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 702
18. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 707.3
19. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 678.5
20. Luca Badoer, Ferrari, 690.5
Apparently, from BBC TV's analysis, Brawn said they think they know the source of their tyre problems. But partly due to the higher ambient and track temperatures, their tyres are working again. Hopefully when they get to Spa next week its working at cold temperatures.
i'd be happy if Luca Badoer can finish in the points. but of course... Kimi for #1!!!
Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.
I noticed that the European GP is also using the Digi-flags. And the track looks cleaner and overall, better, as compared to last year.
Anyone has a link to any "Live" video streaming?
No need live steaming... Starhub giving free feed this week.
Sloppy pit stop by the McLaren team for Hamilton's stop.
Still can't locate my TV remote. Looks like I'm the only idiot watching live timing...
Rubens takes his maiden win with Brawn. Well done!
Lewis is 2nd, Kimi 3rd.
Anyway, congrats to R. Barrichello. Well done.
This Luca guy is ridiculas! Did anyone see Shumi's face when this Luca guy was overtaken by another rookie exiting the pits? I got not much hope for him, even the commentators think he isn't good enough. Well, thats based on this race but I dun have high hopes of him. Even old grannies and grandpas can drive faster than him.
He just wasn't competitive. Let go a place, and drive over the white line on pitlane exit.