5 6.94%
  • Blue & Yellow Deficiency (Tritanopia)

0 0%
  • Total Deficiency

3 4.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you Color Blind?

To all the color blinders:

Do u choose which color film to shoot????

i mean ... all films produce certain different tones, colors, etc on certain subjects, so do u choose which film to shoot on which subjects?

Coz i personally thinks that "different films, different color" statement doesnt works for me ...

i've tried to use different slides before, and have heard many comments of colors using diff films, but i just can't see the differences !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by West_ray; 25th December 2003 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoriMori

think i'll print one and keep in wallet to show pple. On a not so related note: I remember in kindergarten i got scolded for using purple for drawing rain and the sky. I thot it was just a very dark blue. (the fact that i vividly remember this is probably cos i've been scarred for life becos of that incident) :P.

And another site with more info.
    Haha! Reminds me of an incident when I was in primary school back in the 70s. I like art so I tend to pay more attention to this subject back then. Remembered that I was happily colouring a deer in one of my drawings which is to be submitted a few days later.

When my father saw me colouring, I ganna hell from him cos he keep insisting that I was colouring the deer green!! Of cos, I thot all along I was colouring the deer brown and back then I dun understand why I ganna scolding and only realised that when I was diagnosed with this red-green colour-blind thing!

And because I like art and very fascinated with colours, and seeing that my classmates got those 24 and 36 colour pencils, I also ask my father to buy for me.... but ended up more confused cos the colour identification names on the pencils were in Japanese!! haha!
    Last edited by lazyfiddler; 25th December 2003 at 12:42 PM.

I always bought colleen colour pencils cos they had the color names written on it, faber castel must guess...

Outside the Dry Box.

last time i had faber castell which have the color names written on it. den went around buying color pencils i must open up & see if its labeled b4 buying. there is another brand call grande or something also have label.

very ironically, i won pri sch art for abstract art.. cos i anyhow put in the color, as long as its contrasting.

worst is subjects. i took chem/bio, den design & technology. no invigilator help during O level chem bio, still manage to score cos normally outcome only 2 so either tis or that... den tikam the shade. worst is D&T, cos the teacher hate me using 1 color pencil to color 1 object, cos i use shading to differentiate the shadow & light source. even art teachers also discriminate color blinds... i wonder y. since shades of blue is made of blue + white or black, den i color lighter & darker= same effect rite. or add more white. so i just mainly buy 4 color. red blue & green & white. den mix lor. mayb they think i am lazy... who knows...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Outside the Dry Box.

oh ya... there is some really funny names in color which i seldom use, like terracotta, dunno wats tat... y dun they label it as +1green & +2green or +1green&+1blue & +2blue&+1red.

mayb i am asking too much, y dun they label the wire colors? like 3 core plug, they should label them Ground, Live, Neutral or Red/Brown, Green/Yellow Blue/Black. unlike now i run my circuitry with numberings. easier for me but difficult for others to know what i am running. all my lines are Black, cos there is once which i was told i ran a green line as a live, if another guy was to repair or rerun my circuitry he would be very confused.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I guess for normal pple, it will be very difficult for them to understand some inconvenience of pple who cannot differentiate colours. Last time in my D&T, chem and bio class, I got classmates who are deficient in red n green. And they keep telling me I always colour plastic objects brown.
    But my teachers are still ok, they dun discriminate those pple loh. O levels also gave them lots of help. Even in my poly, my biochem and biotech dept also allow colour deficiency candidates to apply.

I dun have colour blind, but I got lazy rite eye. I focus with my left eye because of that. My rite eye, I dunno where I cannot focus objects. My fren say my rite eye always under low lite condition...cannot AF...must switch to MF....hahaha
    Think perhaps my left eye is not my master eye originally, so my framing sometimes a bit crooked. But recently trained till quite perfect already
    Dancing desert scorpion

Not Here Not There

Default Weakness or Strength ?

Something to cheer you guys up...

Weakness or Strength ?

Sometimes your biggest weakness can become your biggest strength. Take, for example, the story of one 10-year-old boy who decided to study judo despite the fact that he had lost his left arm in a devastating car accident.

The boy began lessons with an old Japanese judo master. The boy was doing well, so he couldn't understand why, after three months of training the master had taught him only one move.

"Sensei," the boy finally said, "Shouldn't I be learning more moves?"

"This is the only move you know, but this is the only move you'll ever need to know," the sensei replied.

Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training.

Several months later, the sensei took the boy to his first tournament. Surprising himself, the boy easily won his first two matches. The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time, his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy deftly used his one move to win the match. Still amazed by his success, the boy was now in the finals.

This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy appeared to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the referee called a time-out. He was about to stop the match when the sensei intervened.

"No," the sensei insisted, "Let him continue."

Soon after the match resumed, his opponent made a critical mistake: he dropped his guard. Instantly, the boy used his move to pin him. The boy had won the match and the tournament. He was the champion.

On the way home, the boy and sensei reviewed every move in each and every match. Then the boy summoned the courage to ask what was really on his mind.

"Sensei, how did I win the tournament with only one move?"

"You won for two reasons," the sensei answered. "First, you've almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. And second, the only known defense for that move is for your opponent to grap your left arm."

The boy's biggest weakness had become his biggest strength.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12