Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wat do u think of long lost frens who suddenly called u regarding..

Default wat do u think of long lost frens who suddenly called u regarding..

1) buy insurance
    2) MLM talks
    3) weddings
    4) breakup with bf, need comfort

and they hardly talk to u for months, some even years ... until they need u.
    Last edited by Exposure; 14th August 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Default Re: wat do u think of long lost frens who suddenly called u regarding..

depends, doesn't it?

Same gender as yours or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post

Please offer your warm arms, a solid shoulder and a corner of your comfortable bed for the poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Please offer your warm arms, a solid shoulder and a corner of your comfortable bed for the poor girl.
    What happens if it's a guy, and you're decidely hetrosexual?

1) buy insurance
    2) MLM talks
    3) weddings

and they hardly talk to u for months, some even years ... until they need u.
    A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Depends on what it's about too and how close the friend is to me....

If it's just a "hi-bye" friend, and when suddenly contact me and try to reminisce the past, I usually won't be so nice to them. Cuz if they never were serious about friendship to let it disappear by not keeping in contact, why bother now? Cuz they need help to meet a sales target or a particular purpose?

If we lost contact cuz it's my fault (e.g. I move out, lost number) and this friend managed to contact me... I'll be nicer la... But again, my principle is I never mix work with personal matters... I'm super-strict with work matters (e.g. insurance, MLM), so a friend wants to work with me, they better keep to my work expectations... If not, I'll treat them just like any insurance/MLM agent...

Anyway, to TS' post...

1) I'll listen, but they will find it harder to convince me... If they manage to convince me, they better be prepared to work double-y or triple-y hard to get me a good return plus excellent coverage...

2) Again, I'll listen out of courtesy... But I will not commit...

3) Courtesy, I'll go... But it'll definitely affect the size of the angpow I'll give...

4) Out of courtesy again, will listen... But bear in mind that once she's cried and vented anger enough, she'll still go smooching back to her Loser-of-a-Boyfriend, so whatever happens, do not commit in this case... Keep an open mind, do whatever you feel comfortable doing for a "normal friend +1", nothing more, nothing less... Comfort her, offer a shoulder... Get free hugs in return (it's a fair exchange anyway, you give comfort & a listening ear, she has to give something in return, no?)

Again, same rule applies in all 4 cases...

If they were never serious about the friendship to let it disappear by not keeping in contact, why bother to try to salvage what's left now? Cuz they need help to meet a sales target or to fulfill a particular purpose?
    Last edited by GeneKoh; 14th August 2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Minolta A|Sony E|Canon EF/S|Hasselblad V

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee View Post
    then tell him

BE A MAN

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee View Post
    Then turn your back on him.

Then turn your back on him.
    can he sit on the edge of your bed?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    can he sit on the edge of your bed?
    if goat can put two back legs on bed and two front legs on floor.

if goat can put two back legs on bed and two front legs on floor.
    but goats can easily fit on a bed:

note that i said goats

The number u are calling is no longer in use. This is a auto reply machine which will only connects when the owner will not Lose money from it.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

I have a fren who didn't contact me for ages, then suddenly call me one day.....ask me to take pictures of his newborn son.

Then after 6 months, call me again.....ask me to take pictures of his sister's newborn.

But we're frens, what to do

If I am suddenly contacted by someone who I haven't heard from in a long time,
    I will ask them "What do you want?"
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

I will tell them "KTHXBAI".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I have a fren who didn't contact me for ages, then suddenly call me one day.....ask me to take pictures of his newborn son.

Then after 6 months, call me again.....ask me to take pictures of his sister's newborn.

But we're frens, what to do
    send him a quote

.. just imagine a fren who became an insurance or MLM agent months ago... never contacted for years... suddenly called u in a super friendly and caring manner.. say sweet words like " u know what ? as friends we cared for future.. and i want to help you.. becos i care for u ...blah blah.. etc "

i listened liao hor, kept slient and i replied him " I AM NOT STUPID ! if u want to sell something.. tell me about the product and i will research it.. dun paint yourself as a godly saviour in front of me ... dun u feel freaky weird speaking in such manner as we are not close kins at all... and please tell yr MLM or insurance trainer to retrain u in marketing techniques... seriously your approach is not right at all... one more time from you i will complain to your management "
    Last edited by Exposure; 14th August 2009 at 05:37 PM.

.. just imagine a fren who became an insurance or MLM agent months ago... never contacted for years... suddenly called u in a super friendly and caring manner.. say sweet words like " u know what ? as friends we cared for future.. and i want to help you.. becos i care for u ...blah blah.. etc "

i listened liao hor, kept slient and i replied him " I AM NOT STUPID ! if u want to sell something.. tell me about the product and i will research it.. dun paint yourself as a godly saviour in front of me ... dun u feel freaky weird speaking in such manner as we are not close kins at all... and please tell yr MLM or insurance trainer to retrain u in marketing techniques... seriously.. it is not the right approach
    Did you at least let him sit on your bed?

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Did you at least let him sit on your bed?
    and let him hold your hand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast