Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Newbie

  1. #1

    Default Newbie

    hihi i am new to both the forum and the camera world, please to meet you! please guide me along?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: Newbie

    welcome to clubsnap!
    You must tell us "where you are going" for us to guide you along
    Exploring! :)

  3. #3
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Newbie

    Hi eltonqua,

    welcome to CS.

    READ MORE
    SHOOT more
    Post more...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  4. #4
    Member Ninestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Newbie

    Hi Eltonqua,

    A warm welcome to CS !!!
    Nikon D90|N35mm f1.8G
    N12-24 f4|T90mm f2.8|T180mm f3.5

  5. #5
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Newbie

    Hello...welcome.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  6. #6
    Senior Member jtsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    2,081

    Default Re: Newbie

    Welcome to CS family!

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Newbie

    Hello newbie! I am newbie too...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    welcome to clubsnap!
    You must tell us "where you are going" for us to guide you along
    Hihi,

    Dont really understand what you mean by where am i going.... heehee

    I am starting out with my 350D now with stock 18-55mm.

    Trying to take pictures?

    Elton

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Newbie

    Don't worry bro... wherever you 'go', just follow these steps:

    1. Shoot... shoot... and more shoot...
    2. Read... read... and read more...
    3. Ask questions... ask more questions...
    4. Repeat no 1-3...
    Achetez ce que vous souhaitez, pas ce que vous voulez...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by voldisinarta View Post
    Don't worry bro... wherever you 'go', just follow these steps:

    1. Shoot... shoot... and more shoot...
    2. Read... read... and read more...
    3. Ask questions... ask more questions...
    4. Repeat no 1-3...
    Haha, but believe you me, please be careful when you ask questions here, just an advise. Don't over do it :x
    Good luck and have fun in photography!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Newbie

    Warm greetings to you..
    Welcome to clubsnap!
    "From the Heart, Through the Lens"

  12. #12
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Newbie

    Yes, a warm welcome to you Eltonqua.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Newbie

    Ok, qn 1,

    i am considering btn nikon D80 and canon 450D to be my next cam after canon 350D, which one should i go for?

    i love shooting nature with lotsa colour contrast and sharpness in details...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by eltonqua View Post
    Ok, qn 1,

    i am considering btn nikon D80 and canon 450D to be my next cam after canon 350D, which one should i go for?

    i love shooting nature with lotsa colour contrast and sharpness in details...
    A few questions to answer your question.

    1. How much have u invested in the canon system? i.e. Flash, lens, etc.
    2. Is there anything Canon cannot provide u that make u wanna jump ship?
    3. Do u think the 350D is limiting you?

  15. #15
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by eltonqua View Post
    i am considering btn nikon D80 and canon 450D to be my next cam after canon 350D, which one should i go for?
    i love shooting nature with lotsa colour contrast and sharpness in details...
    Is your 350D worn out? Shutter worn out? No colours left? Check with those print shops whether those ink colours can be used to refill the 350D sensor ... jokes aside.
    Why do you wan to get "the next cam" - what features do you need that the 350D cannot provide? Or just itchy pocket because 350D is now a few years old and all other people run around with 450D/500D? Have you noticed that each camera brand (Nikon, Canon) is actually a system where one can hardly swap lenses, flashes and other accessories? (There are a few limited possibilities only.) Changing the brand means changing nearly everything - means spending again on accessories like lenses, flash.
    Have you noticed the possibilities of post-processing? If the contrast out of the camera is not what you want then
    a) check your shooting conditions (hazy sky won't give much contrast)
    b) do post-processing and adjust the colours in the way you want it.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Is your 350D worn out? Shutter worn out? No colours left? Check with those print shops whether those ink colours can be used to refill the 350D sensor ... jokes aside.
    Why do you wan to get "the next cam" - what features do you need that the 350D cannot provide? Or just itchy pocket because 350D is now a few years old and all other people run around with 450D/500D? Have you noticed that each camera brand (Nikon, Canon) is actually a system where one can hardly swap lenses, flashes and other accessories? (There are a few limited possibilities only.) Changing the brand means changing nearly everything - means spending again on accessories like lenses, flash.
    Have you noticed the possibilities of post-processing? If the contrast out of the camera is not what you want then
    a) check your shooting conditions (hazy sky won't give much contrast)
    b) do post-processing and adjust the colours in the way you want it.
    hihi octarine,

    the cam is not exactly mine and, well, its going away now so need to buy a new one. To be honest, I have been always using the stock 18-55mm lens so far with a UV filter to block out excess direct sunlight. So, I am starting out afresh with nothing on hand...

    I know about the processing and I have been using it to enhance the colours and contrast. =)

    Anyone selling a 2nd hand good cam cheap? heheee
    If it's to be, then it's up to me!
    Canon 450D | 18-55mm

  17. #17
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by eltonqua View Post
    Anyone selling a 2nd hand good cam cheap? heheee
    Any camera is good if you know how to use it
    If you can't point out the weak spots of the 350D (there are some, I have one) then you won't know what to look for in order to get "good cam". Btw: how do you define "good cam"? You might be impressed by the new toy, fine. But if you just google for images taken with 350D you can compare for yourself if you are already at the same stage. If not then no new camera will help.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Newbie

    Welcome to the club !

  19. #19

    Default Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Any camera is good if you know how to use it
    If you can't point out the weak spots of the 350D (there are some, I have one) then you won't know what to look for in order to get "good cam". Btw: how do you define "good cam"? You might be impressed by the new toy, fine. But if you just google for images taken with 350D you can compare for yourself if you are already at the same stage. If not then no new camera will help.
    Thanks for the tip =)
    Yep, i am impressed with a new toy of course... but I am looking for a cam not just to replace the 350D but to work with since I will not be having the 350D anymore. I am looking for a more basic entry cam then start working on my skills on that...
    If it's to be, then it's up to me!
    Canon 450D | 18-55mm

  20. #20

    Default Re: Newbie

    to all pro a.. i got question here. i going to buy a new canon dslr too. so do i get it online like baragin city or go to shopping centre to get one because now canon having promo or should wait for the coming it show???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •