Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: F828 owners, so how's the camera?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denizenx
    hiya pianodancer... so no dual focusing is it, which is using MF to fine tune AF without changing any modes.
    Absolutely no.

  2. #22
    Member matoriv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default

    yo pianodancer..

    how long does your camera last before e battery goes flat??

    as for e DIGIC chip..does it really make such a difference?
    i currently using a70 but considering upgrading..
    thinking of s602 or f828...
    so looking around for info..
    D700 / 14-24 f2.8 / 24-70 f2.8
    D80 / 17-50 f2.8 / 70-300 f3.5-5.6 / 80-200 f2.8

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matoriv
    yo pianodancer..

    how long does your camera last before e battery goes flat??

    as for e DIGIC chip..does it really make such a difference?
    i currently using a70 but considering upgrading..
    thinking of s602 or f828...
    so looking around for info..
    The battery is long-lasting, man! Playback mode is 300+ mins while record mode is around 180 mins. And the battery life indicator is rather accurate. I can use my battery up to the very last minute indicated. The only gripe is recharging, takes 2.5 hrs as documented.

    DIGIC chip not only conserves battery, it also enhances the image realism, and I can vouch for that. I was using S40, the battery life sucks and the image isn't as good. But after buying the S45, I am impressed. The battery life is so much better and the images are breathtaking. If Canon were to come up with a cam with similar specs as F828, I would buy it immediately!

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pianodancer
    The battery is long-lasting, man! Playback mode is 300+ mins while record mode is around 180 mins. And the battery life indicator is rather accurate. I can use my battery up to the very last minute indicated. The only gripe is recharging, takes 2.5 hrs as documented.

    DIGIC chip not only conserves battery, it also enhances the image realism, and I can vouch for that. I was using S40, the battery life sucks and the image isn't as good. But after buying the S45, I am impressed. The battery life is so much better and the images are breathtaking. If Canon were to come up with a cam with similar specs as F828, I would buy it immediately!
    Yes agreed about the 828 batt life.. 505 was really bad in this department.. (i used to bring 3 packs for overseas trip!!) the 7x7 series changed that. So it is good that Sony continues this trend with the 828.

    I bought my first Canon digicam (A70) a few months ago for my wife.. Yes i am pretty impressed with the image quality.. The colour is very nice and the JPEG compression algorithm is very good without producing too much artefacts. Batt life also quite good but Low Batt Warning comes out too late.. I am spoilt by Sony's InfoLithium

    Here's a picture from the A70...

  5. #25

    Default

    i feel taht there is no need for a manual focusing since the there are loads of features to help focus. like the hologram AF, nightshot, nightframe.
    why bother?
    anyway i have used a friend's 717 and the zooming in of the screen during MF is very pixelated. so bad i immediately switched back to AF.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    i feel taht there is no need for a manual focusing since the there are loads of features to help focus. like the hologram AF, nightshot, nightframe.
    why bother?
    anyway i have used a friend's 717 and the zooming in of the screen during MF is very pixelated. so bad i immediately switched back to AF.
    I beg to differ! Manual focus is a very useful function especially u wanna compose a shot where u want to determine the DOF.

    i think he activated expanded focus which will zoom 2x for you to confirm the focus is sharp or not, that's y it's pixelated. It'll be back to normal after 1-2 seconds. Very useful function.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arikevin
    I beg to differ! Manual focus is a very useful function especially u wanna compose a shot where u want to determine the DOF.

    i think he activated expanded focus which will zoom 2x for you to confirm the focus is sharp or not, that's y it's pixelated. It'll be back to normal after 1-2 seconds. Very useful function.
    Personally I agree that manual focus is rather useless on a LCD or EVF monitor. Maybe it's my poor eyesight, but it is less accurate than optical SLR focusing.

  8. #28
    Member matoriv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default

    well, my fren managed to loan e 828 for a week and he brought it to my camp last nite..

    had a chance to play with it...
    and woah man..
    it is sweet!
    a bit on e heavy side, nightframe is good man!
    macchiam like day shot at nite..
    night shot sucks though.. grainy and green...

    but yeah man...
    the CA is horrendous..
    its almost everywhere...
    day or nite... zoom in or not..
    u can see it...
    haiz...
    D700 / 14-24 f2.8 / 24-70 f2.8
    D80 / 17-50 f2.8 / 70-300 f3.5-5.6 / 80-200 f2.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •