Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast

Thread: Having Fun with Shooting Film

Default Re: Having Fun with Shooting Film

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this before. Click for a larger version.

Last edited by darrrrrrrrrr; 19th May 2010 at 01:37 PM.

I'll make a check list which model I kanna poison next.
    Pentax for Life

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    I'll make a check list which model I kanna poison next.
    645D lah

The MG is the same year as me. Hmmm. Might Consider. hehehe
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post

possitively poisonous . . .

Must start poisoning the kids in my school already . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Super Program + AF200S Flash + BW Ilford XP2 Film.

1)

2)

3)

I checked thru the pricing and found that LX slr is much2 expensive, some even sold it aroung 1K, the cheapest I saw is $300+

Any special about this Body?

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    I checked thru the pricing and found that LX slr is much2 expensive, some even sold it aroung 1K, the cheapest I saw is $300+

It's WR with interchangeable focusing screen and viewfinder. I think pentroit and fengwei can chip in with more infos.
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post

If you are interested in LX, make sure to look throw each and every paragraph of this site:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...axlx/index.htm

There are a lot other LX dedicated websites too, but this site is so far the most comprehensive one imo.

To sum it up, LX is the first and probably the only professional 135mm film SLR camera Pentax ever made, it's not just a camera, but a full scale system camera aimed directly at the professional market. It's the most compact, and probably the only weather sealed manual SLR film camera, it has a revolutionary IDM Light Measuring System for a theoretical perfect automatic exposure. Its Integrated Direct Metering ("IDM" in short, they called it) system offers the photographers with extremely accurate, instantaneous automatic exposure readings from as low as 125 sec to 1/2000 sec, both in available light and in the TTL Auto Flash mode. All these have enabled the Pentax LX to truly recognized as one of the modern classic SLR camera of modern times. Even modern dSLR camera can't meter correctly under such dark environment.

Pentax also made a lot accessories for LX camera, so to make it suit for all kinds of photography needs: from interchangeable focusing screen to film winder, databack, bulk film loader, wired and wireless remote control, remote battery pack ... The list is too long to list here. Better read it yourself.

But LX isn't a perfect camera. It has its shortage too. The most well-known and annoying one is the sticky mirror problem, which happens to all LX cameras after certain period of time. The other one is the loud shutter sound, way too loud for a professional camera.

Nevertheless, LX is still my favorite film camera. As long as you can live w/ the loud shutter sound, and your copy doesnt have the sticky mirror symptom, it's really hard not to like it

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    If you are interested in LX, make sure to look throw each and every paragraph of this site:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...axlx/index.htm

There are a lot other LX dedicated websites too, but this site is so far the most comprehensive one imo.

To sum it up, LX is the first and probably the only professional 135mm film SLR camera Pentax ever made, it's not just a camera, but a full scale system camera aimed directly at the professional market. It's the most compact, and probably the only weather sealed manual SLR film camera, it has a revolutionary IDM Light Measuring System for a theoretical perfect automatic exposure. Its Integrated Direct Metering ("IDM" in short, they called it) system offers the photographers with extremely accurate, instantaneous automatic exposure readings from as low as 125 sec to 1/2000 sec, both in available light and in the TTL Auto Flash mode. All these have enabled the Pentax LX to truly recognized as one of the modern classic SLR camera of modern times. Even modern dSLR camera can't meter correctly under such dark environment.

Pentax also made a lot accessories for LX camera, so to make it suit for all kinds of photography needs: from interchangeable focusing screen to film winder, databack, bulk film loader, wired and wireless remote control, remote battery pack ... The list is too long to list here. Better read it yourself.

But LX isn't a perfect camera. It has its shortage too. The most well-known and annoying one is the sticky mirror problem, which happens to all LX cameras after certain period of time. The other one is the loud shutter sound, way too loud for a professional camera.

Nevertheless, LX is still my favorite film camera. As long as you can live w/ the loud shutter sound, and your copy doesnt have the sticky mirror symptom, it's really hard not to like it

Maybe I just on hold on this one. hehehe.

I still got two model that I wanna have, and LX is the 3rd but least wanted.

When I first looked at the list, I jumped to the year I was born and looked at the camera Every true Pentaxian should get the model of the camera made in the year he/she was born. Anyone letting go of a P30 anytime soon?
    Body - K-x, KX, ME
    Lens - DAL18-55, DAL55-300, DA 35 Ltd, M 50 F1.7, A 50 F1.7, Sigma 10-20

LX a bit too expensive although its good, thats why I gotten the k2, shot some photos at my friends wedding at a church over the weekend, but its B&W film so gotta make my way down to city to develop it. Will do so soon.

Thanks for sharing this one. I think I know what I need next

i like lx

Quote Originally Posted by tranvui View Post
    i like lx
    Poisoned 4 times by LX.
    Pentax for Life

I still want an MG. XD

Quote Originally Posted by ShinApple View Post
    Thanks a lot to feng wei to guide me about the amazing K1000. Since then, I lost the interest in Digital SLR ... and give away my K10D to my cousin --> Just use K1000 only.

Here are some pix i took recently, I use Kodak Gold 200 and Fuji ProPlus 200 (Some of them are Uxi 100).

very nice shot Like the natural lighting, bokeh and exposure on the skin tone

LX is still the best Go BBB

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskivvy View Post
    When I first looked at the list, I jumped to the year I was born and looked at the camera Every true Pentaxian should get the model of the camera made in the year he/she was born. Anyone letting go of a P30 anytime soon?
    ....so what are Pentaxians like us-born eons before the 1st Pentax listed here saw light of day-to do?? Or are we untrue Pentaxians??

Quote Originally Posted by HYPY13 View Post
    ....so what are Pentaxians like us-born eons before the 1st Pentax listed here saw light of day-to do?? Or are we untrue Pentaxians??
    No choice, must buy all