Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 235

Thread: DSLR Question

  1. #101

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    LOL....
    none of those "skills" will help you take a better photo.

    As for which camera is "good" enough, catchlight's answer was good enough for most people, it's just that you're not able to understand it.

    It's just like photography: A good photographer will know the limits of the camera, work around failings and capture his "good enough" shots. A noob won't know the capabilities of the camera, wouldn't know how to maximise the equipment, and as a result none of their shots will be "good enough".

    To a wedding couple, there'll be no camera good enough for wedding shots from a noob, and shots from a pro will be good enough irregardless of the equipment.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    more and more posts are getting constructive, and out of a sudden u come out this type of post, so u want to find trouble or kept picking at me???
    What's wrong with unseens's comments?? He makes perfect sense and he's not even rude at all with his posting.

  2. #102
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it was this camera, i confess

    i didn't know how to use it

    This is an awesome camera dude! I heard I can be a pro if I use this. I heard the IQ is very sharp. It is excellent in low light, and will create beautifu dreamscapes out of the shots I took. I want one! And To match this, I will get a Gitzo tripod. and a matching pink color Billingham bag.

  3. #103
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Bro new comer, get a Nikon D3X lah. here's the link: http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem....301-f2eb133ecb

    Even if the output can't beat those pros, I believe it's Magnesium alloy body can beat the crap out of those pros' skulls....
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  4. #104

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    After reading all 5 pages of this thread with much interest, all I can say is TS really needs to stop, calm down, and read through everything written here carefully.

    I daresay there are many constructive comments given by forumers. And bear in mind that most (if not all of them) are much more experienced than TS.

    They have been down this road before. Essentially they are the seniors. The least TS could do is to read the comments with a thoughtful and open mind.

    And as for the self-proclaimed people skills, I personally find it lacking.

  5. #105

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    If you dont use your 5000D, how would you know if its good enough? There are many good wedding photographers out there using different cameras. All of them think theirs is good enough for them. There is no one best camera. You just need to understand your camera.

  6. #106

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yes, but you are not a Pro.

    To use your flawed and really rubbish analogy, take a van with an F1 engine and put it in Schumacher's hands. Then take a F1 car and put it into your hands.

    My money's on Schumi.

    As stated before, it's not the body, for a wedding photog, what's more important are (in order of importance) the skills, experience, flash and lenses, and then faaaaar behind... The body.
    i already said dont put me in the examples i gave, how many times u want me to repeat?????? i already said Pro with F1 Cars and Pro with 1.3L Van!!!! Then take Lewis Hamilton with F1 Car and Schumacher Van with just 1.3L engine (no modification for him), u will still buy him win???? I cant believe i got to repeat this again and again!!!

    In the first place i am only asking advice on which camera is good , i never discuss anything about skills or whatsover, and u all kept giving craps which is not answering my question!!! And you still kept finding trouble, will u just shut up if you got nothing to contribute and kept debating on this car thingy???? The answer is clear cut!!! Schumacher will never win with a 1.3L van if i put Lewis Hamilton or Alonso on a F1 Car!! Simply no chance, cant even smell the smoke of the F1 car!

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NTU and Wdls
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    I had just being given a Nikon DSLR D5000 as a gift. I would like to hear the review of this model? Is it good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day)?

    Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like me? I wanted to become one but i am not sure how to start to be one.
    Let me point out your original question.
    We were answering a "totally noobie like you".
    Skills? right, there's no discussion because there wasn't any to be discussed.

    Whoever started comparing you to a F1 Driver? I think everyone is comparing you to someone with no driver's license.

  8. #108

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Tell us what is the camera that you and your PRO fren can't get good images out from please. Tell us please!

    This is the 3rd time I'm pleading for an answer.

    Don't tell me it's really that Hello Kitty camera?? Damn those XMM camera!!

  9. #109

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    i already said dont put me in the examples i gave, how many times u want me to repeat?????? i already said Pro with F1 Cars and Pro with 1.3L Van!!!! Then take Lewis Hamilton with F1 Car and Schumacher Van with just 1.3L engine (no modification for him), u will still buy him win???? I cant believe i got to repeat this again and again!!!

    You are the one who first put us into your example, but now you're telling us not to do the same to you.
    Please see your own post below.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post

    It is just like competing in a F1 race, all the pple are driving a f1 cars while you just driving a 1.3Litres van or car, do u think u will win the race even u got the best skill in the world??? Do u all get my point???

  10. #110

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Panasonic Lumix

  11. #111
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    In the first place i am only asking advice on which camera is good , i never discuss anything about skills or whatsover, and u all kept giving craps which is not answering my question!!! And you still kept finding trouble, will u just shut up if you got nothing to contribute and kept debating on this car thingy???? The answer is clear cut!!! Schumacher will never win with a 1.3L van if i put Lewis Hamilton or Alonso on a F1 Car!! Simply no chance, cant even smell the smoke of the F1 car!

    Errr excuse me.. *poke poke*... Many people here, including myself, did tell you in page 1 and 2 that D5000 is good enough. Any model above that, will naturally be better... Now we are at page 6 already.

    Stay cool, don't get angry at this reply... *backs away* just pointing out it out... No offence *backs further and futher away*...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th August 2009 at 03:41 PM.

  12. #112
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    now please go back to your 1st post.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    I had just being given a Nikon DSLR D5000 as a gift. I would like to hear the review of this model? Is it good enough for a freelance photographer to take wedding shoots (ROM,Pre Wedding & Actual Day)?

    Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like me? I wanted to become one but i am not sure how to start to be one.
    and my 1st reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Multiple choice questions
    which following statement one can produce better results in a wedding event, and make more sense?

    A. a experienced photographer with entry level camera and lens

    B. a newbie photographer with pro grade camera and lens


    Answer:___________________________________________ __
    Put yourself in the shoes of a wedding couple, looking for a photographer to capture their once in a life time event,

    who will you choose?

    A or B?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #113

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    You are the one who first put us into your example, but now you're telling us not to do the same to you.
    Please see your own post below.

    stop posting if you have nothing constructive and not relevant to my original questions. It seem that u trying to find trouble here, arent you???

  14. #114

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    Panasonic Lumix
    Lumix got many models leh. More specific please?

  15. #115
    Member Taurean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    White Elephants Town
    Posts
    1,700

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    i already said dont put me in the examples i gave, how many times u want me to repeat?????? i already said Pro with F1 Cars and Pro with 1.3L Van!!!! Then take Lewis Hamilton with F1 Car and Schumacher Van with just 1.3L engine (no modification for him), u will still buy him win???? I cant believe i got to repeat this again and again!!!
    I don't quite agree with this comparison. In the case of cars, I agree with you. But in photography it isn't quite the same. If you put 2 photographer of equal competency, 1 using D5000 and other using D3X, the 1 using the D3X may not necessarily win. The one with a better photo will win.

  16. #116
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Tell us what is the camera that you and your PRO fren can't get good images out from please. Tell us please!

    This is the 3rd time I'm pleading for an answer.

    Don't tell me it's really that Hello Kitty camera?? Damn those XMM camera!!
    To be fair HeiPiGu, he did mentioned that he and his pro friend could not get good pictures out of his newly acquired D5000.

    Relac hor... just pointing it out...

  17. #117

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    stop posting if you have nothing constructive and not relevant to my original questions. It seem that u trying to find trouble here, arent you???
    Wah! Now I also kena from your 'people skills'

    Sorry

  18. #118
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    Panasonic Lumix
    ehhh??? Now become Lumix liao ar?

  19. #119

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    I don't quite agree with this comparison. In the case of cars, I agree with you. But in photography it isn't quite the same. If you put 2 photographer of equal competency, 1 using D5000 and other using D3X, the 1 using the D3X may not necessarily win. The one with a better photo will win.
    who started the race analogy ar


    wasn't me!

    a more fair camera comparison would be, if you put 2 photographer with hands and fingers, 1 using d5000 and the other using d3x, then the one using the d3x will reach 10,000 actuations faster.

  20. #120
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: DSLR Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessEnroute View Post
    Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding for a totally noobie like me?
    Jokes aside.
    To me, a wedding photographer is the ultimate achievement.

    I am confident enough to take a breath taking landscape photos, macros, etc... If I fail today, I can always go back and re-take next week, next month, etc....

    But... wedding???? I only got one chance and that's it. I have to know every single control on my cam, and how to change the settings in split second so that I wouldn't miss the shot.

    I am still learning to take photos now, and hope one day can achieve pro levels. I would consider the actual day wedding photo shoot as one of those "final exam" before I brag myself as a pro. Sadly, maybe not in this life time.

    To sum it all: Is it difficult to become a photographer for ROM, Pre Wedding and Actual Day Wedding.

    Yes...
    Last edited by Foxshade; 13th August 2009 at 03:46 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •