Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd-The Legacy continues: 18 n still counting! Unlike some stopped @ 18!

Default Re: Man Utd-The Legacy continues: 18 n still counting! Unlike some stopped @ 18!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    As a mid-fielder, Paul Scholes is the worst tackler..... if you look back at some of his tackles, they are just horribly mis-timed and ugly. Many times, I've heard commentators talk about the way he go into the tackles... only one word - lousy. And that's where he usually disappoints the team, poor tackles leading into yellow and red cards.... Haiz, time to retire, perhaps?
    He is the worst tackler in the game. For a midfielder who can't tackle and dun have size advantage, its a wonder he made it into Man Utd and England's 1st team but he has that wonder vision that can unlock a defence in a simple pass and thats what made him a class act. Not many players have that vision and its worrying that Fergie has not find a replacement yet. Carrick and Anderson dun have his vision, pity! The only player I know that have his vision is Juan Roman Riquelme but he is much slower and need time to operate. Not suitable for EPL. Scholes' decision making is fast, really fast and thats why he is such a coverted player and still features for Man Utd.

Default Re: Man Utd-The Legacy continues: 18 n still counting! Unlike some stopped @ 18!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    He is the worst tackler in the game. For a midfielder who can't tackle and dun have size advantage, its a wonder he made it into Man Utd and England's 1st team but he has that wonder vision that can unlock a defence in a simple pass and thats what made him a class act. Not many players have that vision and its worrying that Fergie has not find a replacement yet. Carrick and Anderson dun have his vision, pity! The only player I know that have his vision is Juan Roman Riquelme but he is much slower and need time to operate. Not suitable for EPL. Scholes' decision making is fast, really fast and thats why he is such a coverted player and still features for Man Utd.

Well I thought Juan Veron had a much better vision the Scholes.... just unfortunate that he didn't show it when he was playing for us.

But when he was at Lazio he was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    Well I thought Juan Veron had a much better vision the Scholes.... just unfortunate that he didn't show it when he was playing for us.

But when he was at Lazio he was the best.
    Without doubt, i still think he was at his best form with Lazio.
    His vision, creativity and especially his long passes, simply stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Without doubt, i still think he was at his best form with Lazio.
    His vision, creativity and especially his long passes, simply stunning.

I think the Italian game suited Veron more.

The English game didn't give him time on the ball enough.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    I think the Italian game suited Veron more.

The English game didn't give him time on the ball enough.
    Ya, some players can only adapt to some leagues.

For e.g.,
    Shevchenko - AC Milan Superstar -> Chelsea Flop
    Forlan - Man Utd Flop -> Villareal Superstar
    Morientes - Real Madrid Superstar -> Liverpool Flop

Besiktas V UNITED
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:45:00 AM

Boss: Experience will aid us.

I think Ben will be our one of our major concern now! As we travel to turks.

Ya, some players can only adapt to some leagues.

For e.g.,
    Shevchenko - AC Milan Superstar -> Chelsea Flop
    Forlan - Man Utd Flop -> Villareal Superstar
    Morientes - Real Madrid Superstar -> Liverpool Flop
    They are slow players English pace is to fast for them then couldn't even catch their breathe let alone to play at EPL!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    They are slow players English pace is to fast for them then couldn't even catch their breathe let alone to play at EPL!
    Shevchenko during his younger days was damn fast leh.

Shevchenko during his younger days was damn fast leh.
    Ya ... but during his younger days he no come EPL mah....

Fergie: I would love to play Barcelona again!

Loooks like this season we are not looking at treble of Quadrup as big boss says concentrating in CL n EPL!

Fergie: I would love to play Barcelona again!

Loooks like this season we are not looking at treble of Quadrup as big boss says concentrating in CL n EPL!
    Maybe he too old, heart cannot take it liao.
    Everytime see he celebrates a goal i always scared he will heart attack.

Tough Champions League game coming up and then entertain high-flying Manchester City at Old Trafford on Sunday.... I'm sure the Red Devils can pull through these two 2 games, let's hope no serious injuries or setbacks... I'd love to see Man Utd end City's perfect start to the season...

Unfortunately Tevez seems to be doubtful for the return to Old Trafford under a different jersey, otherwise it'll be really interesting to see how the fans will react.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Tough Champions League game coming up and then entertain high-flying Manchester City at Old Trafford on Sunday.... I'm sure the Red Devils can pull through these two 2 games, let's hope no serious injuries or setbacks... I'd love to see Man Utd end City's perfect start to the season...

Unfortunately Tevez seems to be doubtful for the return to Old Trafford under a different jersey, otherwise it'll be really interesting to see how the fans will react.
    I don't think the fans will jeer at him.
    He's considered one of the heroes for the past 2 seasons.
    Furthermore, it was SAF who "forced" him out of the squad.
    All Tevez wanted was to be regular in the starting lineup, but SAF prefers Berba to him.

Fresh faces on the horizon

New signing Gabriel Obertan is recovering well from injury, will be back in 4 to 6 weeks time!

Young forwards Adem Ljajic and Mame Biram Diouf may both arrive in January.
    Ljajic and Diouf were both loaned back to their former clubs – Partizan Belgrade and FK Molde respectively.

Err...when did we sign this 2 huh?

I believe we signed Ljajic on 1 package with Zoran Tosic (where is this guy, anyway) and Diouf is a new signing

Besiktas 0-1 Manchester United!
    Scholes the hero!

Scholes the hero!
    Tough match good thing Scholes manage to score on Nani's rebound, most impt 3pts in the bag!

Besiktas 0 Utd 1

Starting line up:
    12 Foster
    2 Neville
    23 Evans
    15 Vidic
    3 Evra
    25 Valencia sub no. 13
    8 Anderson
    18 Scholes
    16 Carrick sub no. 9
    17 Nani
    10 Rooney sub no. 7

Subs:
    29 Kuszczak
    9 Berbatov sub no.16
    6 Brown
    20 Fabio
    28 Gibson
    7 Owen sub no.10
    13 Park sub no .25

Scholes the hero!
    Quite relieved to get the win. Away in Turkey is always very difficult and then followed by a derby game at the weekend end, wah the FA wanna kill us. Last season like that, this season also the same. Man Utd dun seem to get lucky in fixtures recently. CL's group stage Man Utd have to travel over 12k miles according to the newpaper and that is more than any other English club.

Quote Originally Posted by joker134 View Post
    I believe we signed Ljajic on 1 package with Zoran Tosic (where is this guy, anyway) and Diouf is a new signing
    Yeah Man Utd signed Tosic and Ljajic together last season. Tosic arrived 1st while the younger Ljajic got loaned back. Tosic is still with the reserves. Either he cannot make it or Fergie thinks he is not quite ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Quite relieved to get the win. Away in Turkey is always very difficult and then followed by a derby game at the weekend end, wah the FA wanna kill us. Last season like that, this season also the same. Man Utd dun seem to get lucky in fixtures recently. CL's group stage Man Utd have to travel over 12k miles according to the newpaper and that is more than any other English club.
    You are right, just look at the supporters of the Turkish team, damn solid.
    Chanting and cheering at their team.

This weekend, Manchester derby.

Did you guys watch the matches? Through what means did you watch? Can share?

I used to wake up and watch the Champion League matches.. But, SCV not showing the matches anymore and i dont wish to subscribe to mioTV...

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast