Thread: Any recommendation for Canon EOS 350D?

Default Any recommendation for Canon EOS 350D?

Hi Guys,

Any recommendation for Canon EOS 350D? is it good around S$350 (Used) for beginners/learners? Thanks

Regards,
    Naveed

Default Re: Any recommendation for Canon EOS 350D?

Recommendation of what?

Are you asking the camera worth $350? Depends on You. Camera shutter count, physical status, accessories...etc...Look around B&S, compare with other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by 3in1c View Post
    Recommendation of what?

Are you asking the camera worth $350? Depends on You. Camera shutter count, physical status, accessories...etc...Look around B&S, compare with other sites.
    Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to know that is it a good camera (feature wise) for a beginner like me in that price range S$350? Thanks

For a 2nd hand, its a reasonable price. Must have the kit lens and every other stuff that came with it. I've been using the 300D since it launched so a 350D shouldn't give you too much problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to know that is it a good camera (feature wise) for a beginner like me in that price range S$350? Thanks
    Again... Up to you. If you're a beginner, do you really need a DSLR? Are you prepared for the cost of the dry cabinet, extra lenses, etc?

Learn to walk before you run. A basic point-and-shoot is all you need to learn about the most important aspects of photography.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Again... Up to you. If you're a beginner, do you really need a DSLR? Are you prepared for the cost of the dry cabinet, extra lenses, etc?

Learn to walk before you run. A basic point-and-shoot is all you need to learn about the most important aspects of photography.
    Hi Guys,

Any recommendation for Canon EOS 350D? is it good around S$350 (Used) for beginners/learners? Thanks

Regards,
    Naveed
    Maybe he own a PnS...asking as a beginners/learners for DSLR. Not beginners/learners for photography. My guess.

If you want to get serious with photography in future, i believe dSLR is the way to go, not point and shoot.

350D is a good starting camera, albeit a bit old. If you can afford, i think a 400D or 450D is a much better cam, cos the small screen of 350D might bother you. but if money is an issue, then the 350D would just do fine.
    Photography is about seeing without a camera.
    60D | LX3 | Flickr

I think a 350D is a great DSLR to start with. At $350 with kit lens is not bad a deal but have to check shutter count and physical condition. Be sure to check if the pop flash works. A common problem with the 350D is the flash doesn't pop up. But can be solved with you fingers and allows you to knock a little off the asking price. Shutter count itself I don't think is a big deal even if it is about 20k. I don't know how much does it cost to replace a shutter but total damage is still less then prosumer pns.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoppable View Post
    I think a 350D is a great DSLR to start with. At $350 with kit lens is not bad a deal but have to check shutter count and physical condition. Be sure to check if the pop flash works. A common problem with the 350D is the flash doesn't pop up. But can be solved with you fingers and allows you to knock a little off the asking price. Shutter count itself I don't think is a big deal even if it is about 20k. I don't know how much does it cost to replace a shutter but total damage is still less then prosumer pns.
    My 350D still running since 2005. Shutter count lost track... Think cost about $200-300 to replace a new one.

My pop up flash so fast no problem.

Thanks a lot for your comments, well I am using Point n Shoot camera from many years but now want to experience some DSLR world so initially I dont want to spent a lot of money on a new purchase, I just want to buy some cheap dslr and get some experience and later I can buy a good one.
    So lets see if I get this S$350 deal or not, following items are included in that package.

Items includes: -
    -Kit-lens 18-55mm + UV filter
    -Original Battery
    -1GB SanDisk ultra II CF card
    -Strap
    -CD + Manual
    -USB and Charger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

So bad.

I'm sure he has already used a PnS camera before. All our handphones come with pretty decent PnS cameras nowadays.

I'm sure the TS wants to start learning how to take good photographs with more creative flexibility. For that purpose, the 350D with the kit is not a bad start. I started with the 350D and the EF 24-85mm a few years back. It was a nice combi to start with.

Anyway, at $350, it's cheaper than most PnS.
    Last edited by nottipiglet; 12th August 2009 at 03:25 PM.

I've started my journey in photography with a 350D and I think it isn't half bad. good starter kit. reasonable control and functions. just make sure you get one with decent workability. in due time you might want to upgrade via previlege purchase.

since you ask abt 350D, my comment would be, YES it is indeed one of the good pieces for beginner to understand DSLR tech. - what you need other that the items mention is just a drybox (MS Colour has it at Sgd23). Then, you are in.
    cheers.

So lets see if I get this S$350 deal or not, following items are included in that package.

-Original Battery
    -Strap
    -CD + Manual
    -USB and Charger

Thanks
    looks like a good deal. But you have to look at the physical condition before you buy.

Thanks a lot for your comments, well I am using Point n Shoot camera from many years but now want to experience some DSLR world so initially I dont want to spent a lot of money on a new purchase, I just want to buy some cheap dslr and get some experience and later I can buy a good one.

-Original Battery
    -Strap
    -CD + Manual
    -USB and Charger
    Your "later" is subjected to various conditions such as skills, interest level, temptation, needs....etc, hence be prepared.

it is ok price

it is also a camera which can produce good photographs, but just don't start comparing with current generation dslr equivalent which have been updated.

technological progress is technological progress after all.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it is ok price

it is also a camera which can produce good photographs, but just don't start comparing with current generation dslr equivalent which have been updated.

technological progress is technological progress after all.
    I used the 350D until the beginning of this year. If you compare with current generation dslr equivalent, like the 450D, it really isn't bad. After I learnt the ropes, I knew where the 350D was lacking and thus holding back my creativity. But I was taking ok pictures even before the upgrade. You have to know where the camera's weak spots are and use workarounds or try not to take your photography there.

Even the best cameras today have their limitations. A good photographer understands his camera and its limitations. That's the only way to take nice pictures consistently.

My 350D with over 120,000 shutter actuations is still going strong. I have pushed it to the limits and agree somewhat that as new tech improves, so do the cams. As with PC technology, this stuff has a lifecycle which many follow. I use a pentium 2 for web browsing and email. I use a quad-core for 3d mechanical engineering work.

My point is, if you are serious about your hobby go for the 350D, learn how to fully control the cam and get to the point you need to upgrade. More important than the body (and usually ex+) is the glass in front.....
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

Hi All,

Many thanks for your feedback, lets see if I get this deal or not

Regards,
    Naveed