Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting an auzzie PR

Default Re: getting an auzzie PR

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela View Post
    I got PR before 2005, hence wasn't affected by the mandatory IELTS.

Yes, you are right. The demand for IELTS in Australia has skyrocketed due to the change in migration policy, and is made worse in recent years by the commercialization of immigration (Permanent Residency).

I don't know where your current location is, but if you have been following the news in Australia with regards to education-leading-to-PR, the country is now facing a crisis of scams by unscrupulous private colleges to international students. In addition, the ever increasing passing mark required for IELTS and the compulsory 900 hours of relevant work experience is presents more difficulty and exploitation to students.

I feel sorry for the many international students who are suffering now for their dream of PR, and personally, I know many of them are very worried and stressed about not successfully getting it, hence wasting their time and money.
    It's definitely more difficult now to obtain a PR than few yrs ago. But put it this way, Australia is nice, but Singapore is nice too. If can get a PR here, good.. else, it's ok, maybe disappointed, but shouldn't need to be stressed out of it
    Last edited by engta; 14th August 2009 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by born_slippy View Post
    I never knew IELTS was a requirement...
    hmmm i thought there's no need for that unless your education is not conducted in English... also, i think if you ahve an australian degree, this should not be required.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    hmmm i thought there's no need for that unless your education is not conducted in English... also, i think if you ahve an australian degree, this should not be required.
    well...u ARE WRONG. you think, i though, who confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    That was indeed the case...back in 2003 at least. So it would seem that it's across the board now for anyone applying from a non-white country.

Mind you, I have met blokes who have sat for and passed IELTS..yet couldn't string together 2 coherent sentences in English.

Quote Originally Posted by born_slippy View Post
    That was indeed the case...back in 2003 at least. So it would seem that it's across the board now for anyone applying from a non-white country.

Mind you, I have met blokes who have sat for and passed IELTS..yet couldn't string together 2 coherent sentences in English.

wait. what?

by that logic, many of my friends from Europe would not be facing the problem of IELTS then!
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    well...u ARE WRONG. you think, i though, who confirm?
    I'm sorry but you don't have to be a dick in your responses to people whose information may not be of the most current.

in all honesty, go find a migration agent/lawyer. asking questions like this on the forum would lead to varying levels of advice, owing to how policy is changed by DIAC (or DIMIA when I applied) every year. what may have been applicable for us back then may not be applicable for you now.

plus, I'd drop that snappy attitude if I were you. it's not going to win you a lot of friends over here in Australia.
    Last edited by terryansimon; 18th August 2009 at 09:04 AM.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    I'm sorry but you don't have to be a dick in your responses to people whose information may not be of the most current.

in all honesty, go find a migration agent/lawyer. asking questions like this on the forum would lead to varying levels of advice, owing to how policy is changed by DIAC (or DIMIA when I applied) every year. what may have been applicable for us back then may not be applicable for you now.

plus, I'd drop that snappy attitude if I were you. it's not going to win you a lot of friends over here in Australia.
    i think i have to police my own thread because it's a factual thread and will serve to inform people who might have similar information requirement in future. As such i need to refute information ( such as yours) that is wrong, inaccurate and sometime just pure rubbish. Image if lousy advice was given to the poor lady on another thread whereby her son was suffering from enczema, what would have happened?

if you cannot contribute sensibly, then dun. If you think that your information is outdated, then dun contribute. You do not have an obligation to fill up this thread. I on the other hand have an obligation to police my thread for reason above.

And yes, my attitude is in tuned with wat people say. I stand to correct people who just shoot without thinking, who post just for fun..( boredom?)

Anyway, will just close this thread. Sulhan has provided a good summary of activities needed. I think i know how to proceed. And if anyone needs any info, just PM me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12