Thread: Man lying on the floor at causeway point interchange.

ccmheoa
    Guests

Default Man lying on the floor at causeway point interchange.

Just finished the show "The Scorpion King" at the causeway point shopping centre, went down the interchange to take a bus home, and saw this guy lying on the floor...

Anyway promptly called "999".
    PS : Anybody can give me some pointers why the picture taken appears to be unfocused? i took it in auto mode with 3x zoom engaged. (using a Canon A40)

File Name
    100-0004_IMG.JPG
    Camera Model Name
    Canon PowerShot A40
    Shooting Date/Time
    4/22/2002 11:27:32 PM
    Shooting Mode
    Auto
    Color Effect Mode
    Off
    Tv( Shutter Speed )
    1/8
    Av( Aperture Value )
    Metering Mode
    Evaluative
    Exposure Compensation
    ISO Speed
    Auto
    Lens
    5.4 - 16.2mm
    Focal Length
    16.2mm
    Digital Zoom
    None
    Image Size
    1600x1200
    Image Quality
    Fine
    Flash
    Off
    White Balance
    Auto
    AF Mode
    Single
    Active AF Points
    [ Right ]
    Parameters
    Contrast Normal
    Sharpness Normal
    Color saturation Normal
    File Size
    438KB
    Serial Number
    100-0004
    Drive Mode
    Single-frame shooting
    Owner's Name
    Last edited by ccmheoa; 22nd April 2002 at 12:11 AM.

hey,
    i just watched the scorpion king too. kelly hu is hot huh?

anyway i think the reason why its blur is because of your shaky hands. thats IMHO. a newbie here.
    my flickr account

ccmheoa
    Guests

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
    hey,
    i just watched the scorpion king too. kelly hu is hot huh?

anyway i think the reason why its blur is because of your shaky hands. thats IMHO. a newbie here.
    yeah man, kelly is really , heh...
    guess it's my shaky hands......sigh.....newbie symptom...

also just took this pic...

other then increasing ISO....what else can i do to elminate the motion blur?
    Last edited by ccmheoa; 22nd April 2002 at 12:20 AM.

not really sure.....i am also a newbie.my camera is only two weeks old. hehe so practising.
    my flickr account

ccmheoa
    Guests

not really sure.....i am also a newbie.my camera is only two weeks old. hehe so practising.
    rite practice makes perfect....heh....did you go home via the bus too? did u see that guy on the floor?...his right hand was clutching a $2 billfold.

Originally posted by ccmheoa

rite practice makes perfect....heh....did you go home via the bus too? did u see that guy on the floor?...his right hand was clutching a $2 billfold.

nope didnt get to see it. watched the 9.30 show at lido and took a cab home.

not that great a show dun you think?
    my flickr account

ccmheoa
    Guests

nope didnt get to see it. watched the 9.30 show at lido and took a cab home.

not that great a show dun you think?
    well, paying $8.50 to see Kelly Hu , don't you tink it's worth it? heh

yeah man, kelly is really , heh...
    guess it's my shaky hands......sigh.....newbie symptom...

other then increasing ISO....what else can i do to elminate the motion blur?
    Use a tripod, set to timer and take!

*Not only newbie is subjected to blur images... the old and wise sometimes oso do! So I wouldn't called it a newbie symptom!

ccmheoa
    Guests

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Use a tripod, set to timer and take!

*Not only newbie is subjected to blur images... the old and wise sometimes oso do! So I wouldn't called it a newbie symptom!
    problem is , haven't even bought a tripod yet....heh...

problem is , haven't even bought a tripod yet....heh...

Well... time to solve your problem!
    hehheeee

Or you can rest the DC on something
    Or you can lean your hands against the wall etc etc etc

There are many ways to do it......

ccmheoa
    Guests

Well... time to solve your problem!
    hehheeee

Or you can rest the DC on something
    Or you can lean your hands against the wall etc etc etc

There are many ways to do it......
    now i tried taking a 15 sec exposure by placing the camera on a ledge at nite....and the strange thing is there is a lot of funny color dots appearing on the final pic.....is it becoz of dust or what?

now i tried taking a 15 sec exposure by placing the camera on a ledge at nite....and the strange thing is there is a lot of funny color dots appearing on the final pic.....is it becoz of dust or what?
    That , we called it "hot pixels" and it usually in red, blue or green!
    It usually happen when taking long exposure where the CCD/Cmos get heated up. The way to reduce it, will depend on the DC itself and there is also ways to touch up in Photoshop. But ususally, the DC itself will have what we called "noise Reduction" software built in.

ccmheoa
    Guests

That , we called it "hot pixels" and it usually in red, blue or green!
    It usually happen when taking long exposure where the CCD/Cmos get heated up. The way to reduce it, will depend on the DC itself and there is also ways to touch up in Photoshop. But ususally, the DC itself will have what we called "noise Reduction" software built in.
    so this "hot pixel" thingy, nothing i can do then? i don't see any option in the canon a40 to reduce such hot pixels.......hmmm would the warranty cover it?

you can touch up the picture in photoshop as bluestrike has mentioned. check out http://www.banoffeepie.com/alan/fuji/noise.htm its quite an effective way, execpt that the dots will be replaced by black ones, which is really not that easily noticable. or you could try http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Image_...t_Spots_01.htm i dunno if it can completely remove the spots coz i dun understand what the guy is trying to explain. anyone can explain how to apply this technique? i really cannot figure it out!!
    my flickr account

ccmheoa
    Guests

you can touch up the picture in photoshop as bluestrike has mentioned. check out http://www.banoffeepie.com/alan/fuji/noise.htm its quite an effective way, execpt that the dots will be replaced by black ones, which is really not that easily noticable. or you could try http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Image_...t_Spots_01.htm i dunno if it can completely remove the spots coz i dun understand what the guy is trying to explain. anyone can explain how to apply this technique? i really cannot figure it out!!

hmmmm this is not good....may i go talk to canon support and see how first.....

hmmmm this is not good....may i go talk to canon support and see how first.....
    They will not and could not do anything to help you since this is a issue all DC have. The ways to counter this are many. You can shoot in cold countries, open the DC up and blow a fan at it, built a fridge ard the DC etc etc etc.

The only way to do is thru software which I'm afraid the consumer range is quite limitating. There may be firmware upgrade better noise reduction s/w etc etc but it will stil be there as long as the DC are using CCD/Cmos.

So I suggest that you take using shorter exposure, let the DC rest after a long one and so on.

Just my $0.02 worth!

ccmheoa
    Guests

They will not and could not do anything to help you since this is a issue all DC have. The ways to counter this are many. You can shoot in cold countries, open the DC up and blow a fan at it, built a fridge ard the DC etc etc etc.

The only way to do is thru software which I'm afraid the consumer range is quite limitating. There may be firmware upgrade better noise reduction s/w etc etc but it will stil be there as long as the DC are using CCD/Cmos.

So I suggest that you take using shorter exposure, let the DC rest after a long one and so on.

Just my $0.02 worth!
    aw crap....

Hot pixels and noise are part and parcel of digital photography especially with consumer digital cameras. Even pro digital SLR has this problem, but generally they fair better than consumer cams...

bblur...