Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Were Born In The 80's In Singapore.

Default Re: If You Were Born In The 80's In Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I appreciate the the relationship and trust our parents have with our teachers in the past.

If you kena whacked in school by your teachers, you better keep quiet if you're smart, if not go back complain sure get caned one. No need to ask any questions, if teacher beat you, you must be in the wrong. The teachers are always right

Now if the teachers dare to even pinch the students, must complain to MOE liao

Yea, back than the teacher as an educator was the law & the judge. Parents & kids respected them, being a teacher back from the 60-80s, one would be highly respected as an educator moulding young minds.

I would say all that spanking I received from the teachers in school when I was a kid brought me up to the well mannered (I hope ) person I am today.

Kids these days hardly know the word of respect. The teaching profession has sort of lost its respect these days. Parents just complain & complain & the teacher gets landed in hot soup with MOE. Its quite dis-heartening how things turned up over the years.

These days teaching is more like because I need a job to survive kinda thing, besides, being a teacher is sort of like an iron rice bowl due to the lack of people in the teaching profession.
    The behaviour of kids these days has made many shun the teaching profession in my opinion. Apologise if I sterotype too much! lol!
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 11th August 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Yea, back than the teacher as an educator was the law & the judge. Parents & kids respected them, being a teacher back from the 60-80s, one would be highly respected as an educator moulding young minds.

I would say all that spanking I received from the teachers in school when I was a kid brought me up to the well mannered (I hope ) person I am today.

Kids these days hardly know the word of respect. The teaching profession has sort of lost its respect these days. Parents just complain & complain & the teacher gets landed in hot soup with MOE. Its quite dis-heartening how things turned up over the years.

These days teaching is more like because I need a job to survive kinda thing, besides, being a teacher is sort of like an iron rice bowl due to the lack of people in the teaching profession.
    The behaviour of kids these days has made many shun the teaching profession in my opinion. Apologise if I sterotype too much! lol!
    I totally agree. Back then, teachers are supposed to be the role model for students. Teachers back then are strict enough to discipline the students. Nowadays, teachers.... some are very young age. How to expect students to respect them?
    Life is full of sh*t, anybody got toilet paper?

age has nothing to do with respect

attitude does

You will beg your parents to go to Yaohan Shopping Centre. And rush to the toys department and start to drool to those boxes of Transformers.
    Nikon D90 | 18-200mm VR | 50mm f1.8| Tokina 11-16mm f2.8|Sigma 30mm f1.4 |SB900
    Sony W300

just recovered my HD with 3 seasons of ..... GUMMIE BEARS whahhaha
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    "Gummie bears, jumping here and there and everywhere"

"The Transformers Will Be Right Back After These Messengers"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
    Ha...Ha...Not to forget the Game & Watch portable game device. Now PSP liao!
    Not to forget the good old Atari!

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    last time Recess time, people run to the field to play soccer,

as boys, we'd also have the other kind......i ran to play with the only "climable" tree..and we'd have out "territories" for PAPER BULLET fights with other groups...

people come back soaking in perspiration, our group usually come back with blue black and red patches....

go home, addmore red stripes too coz kena caned at home for that......

But those good old days were nice...because we had lotsa excursions and even campings!

School outings to Road Safety park features as one of the top of my list.....coz i always wanna drive the car......
    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    wah paper bullets.... I remember got caning once cause my bullet hit the teacher
    Remember making paper crackers?
    You fold the paper in such a way that when you swing it hard downwards,
    there's a really loud resounding Piak!
    We used to see who could make the best paper crackers.
    Our papers bullets got extra power we add staples to it!

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Wisma last time is a very famous place along Orchard before Taka and now Orchard Ion.
    Ok are u one of the Centerpoint kids?

You obviously haven't play rockets before. How to play.....tied a bunch of matchsticks together and put them in a straw or a roll of paper. Light up the matchsticks from the other each. You can see the bunch of matchsticks fly out.
    We also use clothes pegs to make those wooden guns. Then use rubber bands tie here, tie there, later can fire off match sticks. Forgot how it's done liao
    Classic all have done before still remember using ice cream sticks to make a bomerang!

I remembered that time when electricity in our village house used to be cut off every night after 10pm and I read books and practised kungfu under the street light.

I got another one, which me and friends call them "Traps", joining two stapler bullets together by twisting them together. We normally put them on the seats of the fellow classmates.....guess what will happen.
    Oh yes ... we got 1 level up we will make afew of these traps and sneak up to one of the victims and throw everything down into his shirt from the back of the collar!

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    I want Gummi Beary Juice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I remembered that time when electricity in our village house used to be cut off every night after 10pm and I read books and practised kungfu under the street light.
    Wa... which kampong u from?

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    I remember pounding the glass powder onto the kite string so that it will cut your opponents kite down!
    No wonder my La Yang always kena cut!

Arrow Re: If You Were Born In The 80's In Singapore.

Yeah catching

That one is 'catching'

I appreciate the the relationship and trust our parents have with our teachers in the past.

If you kena whacked in school by your teachers, you better keep quiet if you're smart, if not go back complain sure get caned one. No need to ask any questions, if teacher beat you, you must be in the wrong. The teachers are always right

Now if the teachers dare to even pinch the students, must complain to MOE liao
    Waa lau! talking about canning in school, the most thing I feared most is my form teacher metal ruler. Kena two stroke on the hand, tears start to come out. The discipline master's cane no worries compare to my form teacher's metal ruler and most of the form teachers during that time really super fierce le.

Eighties were tough for me as a young kid.

I was pushed out of wooden bed at 5am every morning to fetch pails after pails of water from village well. After than I spend 3 hours chopping firewoods.

The elders told me it's all part of the training for kungfu.

One day two bigger boys tried to bully me at the village schoolyard. I gave one "Pouring Water Pail Move" and sent him flying. Then I gave the other one "Firewood Chop" and he went down like a twig.

My most hated subject during my sec. sch is Chemistry lesson. Very hard to memorised those short form for those things like sodium, lead sulphuric acid and etc.. Another one is literature, sure to sleep during this lesson.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast