Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: If You Were Born In The 80's In Singapore.

Default Re: If You Were Born In The 80's In Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by w3iw3n View Post
    how about this?
    i've used this in my sec sch days

and this....the hottest pager at that time
    hoohoo memojazz! mine was the green color MTV edi. My classmates and i always switch casings so can have 3 diff colors. (Front 1/2 + rear 1/2 + batt cover)

Anyone remember Van Kleef Auarium?

This is the place which i like to visit other then Changi Airport! Always like to go say Hi to the Croc near the Entrance before goin into the Aquarium!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Anyone remember Van Kleef Auarium?

This is the place which i like to visit other then Changi Airport! Always like to go say Hi to the Croc near the Entrance before goin into the Aquarium!
    Yep, that was just opposite clark quay, beside the now deserted river valley swimming pool!

Hahaha! Small croc I remember...

National Theatre, everytime go up fort canning can see the performance from up the fort, no need to buy tickets!hahaha

Of course, the iconic National Library, gotta love the brick building! Dunno why they demolished it...

Back than, ECP near ford road also had a croc farm as well
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 12th August 2009 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Yep, that was just opposite clark quay, beside the now deserted river valley swimming pool!

Miss the Croc farm......... but ECP at that time go there for Road Safety Park always kena Pedestrain cannot be driver so unfair one!

I remember the Croc then not small lei...think got abt 4 or 5m?

Miss the Croc farm......... but ECP at that time go there for Road Safety Park always kena Pedestrain cannot be driver so unfair one!
    I was from a chinese sch & my mandrain is seriously substandard up till today, my teachers there hated me, I never go to drive the car at all
    Always beacame pedestrian

Quote Originally Posted by mdzmr View Post
    Who remember CN West Leisure Park at Taman Jurong? Big Splash at East Coast Park.
    CN West slide only has one hump not like Big Splash ha 2 hump. But I really scared to go around Taman Jurong area, its one of the Notorious Area.
    I lived in Taman Jurong for 20 years!! It's ok!! Really!! Fun place to grow up. C & West, Chinese and Japanese Garden, Jurong park, got Yaohan some more

I was from a chinese sch & my mandrain is seriously substandard up till today, my teachers there hated me, I never go to drive the car at all
    Always beacame pedestrian
    Hahaha... My Chitcher better they say Drivers is for those who everyday come to school by car n have family car! Alamak that time almost 90% of us come by scholl bus one lor!

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I lived in Taman Jurong for 20 years!! It's ok!! Really!! Fun place to grow up. C & West, Chinese and Japanese Garden, Jurong park, got Yaohan some more
    I onli know got Thomson Yaohan n Orchard Yaohan!

Thomson Yaohan is always go there hang around after school, Orchard Yaohan is go there Shopping!

Hahaha... My Chitcher better they say Drivers is for those who everyday come to school by car n have family car! Alamak that time almost 90% of us come by scholl bus one lor!
    I was the lucky 10% that got driven by my dad to & fro school!

But I kena condamn in my sch! hahaha! never got to drive the car in the road safety park...... Think the older generation of cars in the road safety park, you had to paddle it like a bicycle, it had gears in it but the later generations were battery powered if I am not wrong.
    But having a dad that drives me to sch & back isnt that great, he would always come down to have a chat with my form teachers & tell them to discipline me more... sian.............

If kena complain my teacher, in the car kena slap a few times before reaching home
    Than when reached home, he would relay the complains to my mom, wa lau, kena part 2, canning from mother! hahahaha

National Theatre, everytime go up fort canning can see the performance from up the fort, no need to buy tickets!hahaha

Of course, the iconic National Library, gotta love the brick building! Dunno why they demolished it...

Actually National Theatre went there i think 1 or 2 time not much meomory of it n National library on went there early 90's. Cos my neighbourhood gt library mah...

[QUOTE=plsoong;5344670]u all did not forget FITZPATRIK supermarket rite?
    QUOTE]

Is it now known as Cold Storage?

I was the lucky 10% that got driven by my dad to & fro school!

But I kena condamn in my sch! hahaha! never got to drive the car in the road safety park...... Think the older generation of cars in the road safety park, you had to paddle it like a bicycle, it had gears in it but the later generations were battery powered if I am not wrong.
    But having a dad that drives me to sch & back isnt that great, he would always come down to have a chat with my form teachers & tell them to discipline me more... sian.............

If kena complain my teacher, in the car kena slap a few times before reaching home
    Than when reached home, he would relay the complains to my mom, wa lau, kena part 2, canning from mother! hahahaha
    Yah back then our parents always tell teachers to disciple us more. They will say cane if naughty n dun listern to teachers or no pay attention in class.
    Then if parents kenna call up to school go back home confirm tio cane nowadays so different!

I onli know got Thomson Yaohan n Orchard Yaohan!

Thomson Yaohan is always go there hang around after school, Orchard Yaohan is go there Shopping!
    I've only been to the one at Plaza Sing & Parkway only!

I bet alot of kids did not see this side of plaza Sing!!!

Oh ya, you guys remember last time orchard used to have this open air playground? Was it at the top of Wisma?

My report book cannot have any red colour ink.
    Blue = Pass
    Red = Fail

See red marks, sure kena face wall for few hours. Then no TV after school. No playing soccer or any outdoor activities. Don't know how long? Curfew no limit that time?

My report book cannot have any red colour ink.
    Blue = Pass
    Red = Fail

See red marks, sure kena face wall for few hours. Then no TV after school. No playing soccer or any outdoor activities. Don't know how long? Curfew no limit that time?
    Mine had lots of red inks!

vince123123
    Guests

At that time, there's only two open air huge playgrounds; once is at Wisma, and the other is at Parkway Parade. THe Parkway one is far superior.

Oh ya, you guys remember last time orchard used to have this open air playground? Was it at the top of Wisma?

Anyone knows about this Kuwahara BMX which features in E.T.?

When I was a kid back then, its really make me drooling. Its one of the expensive bikes that time.
    Yes! Have Redline and Diamond Back too. And BMX free-styling was the in thing then.

Does anyone still have the plastic mug for brushing teeth? There are some words in gold on it ... "cleaning teeth fights tooth decay" or something ... if you wanna sell pm me. I am looking for one complete mug with the plastic cap.

For those staying in the east, you'll never forget Katong Shopping centre, it was the hottest hang out until Parkway Parade took over its place.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast