Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beware--Bad Seller

Default Re: Beware--Bad Seller

Hi zaren,

Yeah, it all happened so fast. I was reading to my kid in the library, and my friend called to say he wanted the lens. He followed-up to SMS me saying he done the FT. Shortly after, kleon SMS'd me that he arrived. I met up with him and told him the deal was confirmed moments ago. It might be misunderstood as "morning" in the heat of the moment. If I had managed to sell my lens in the morning, I'd definitely inform him of the news.

Reviewing my SMS, I've got the FT confirmation at 13:46, and kleon SMS me he "reached liao" at 13:47. Only one minute, man!

Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Hi zaren,

Yeah, it all happened so fast. I was reading to my kid in the library, and my friend called to say he wanted the lens. He followed-up to SMS me saying he done the FT. Shortly after, kleon SMS'd me that he arrived. I met up with him and told him the deal was confirmed moments ago. It might be misunderstood as "morning" in the heat of the moment. If I had managed to sell my lens in the morning, I'd definitely inform him of the news.

Reviewing my SMS, I've got the FT confirmation at 13:46, and kleon SMS me he "reached liao" at 13:47. Only one minute, man!
    Huggable, I would have told this friend of yours that someone is already coming to view lens. Taking leave to view lens and going from East to West to a place without MRT is no walk in the park.

TS, anyway, let bygones be bygones. Forgive and forget. It will make life easier. I don't think Huggable means it.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

Hi zaren,

You know that i am on my way to meet you and yet you agreed to sell your lens to your friend because he already done a FT to you which is just A MINUTES AGO before i had arrived amk. To my feel, this is a ungentleman act. So please do not talk about interigrity in your statement which make me puke!

Case closed.

If you still need the lens, can consider getting from here

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557979

vince123123
    Guests

Just checking, your bank sends you an sms when a FT has been done? Or are you relying solely on an sms sent to you by the transferrign party?

Hi zaren,

No, the bank does not send me a SMS when a FT was done. My friend did and I trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Just checking, your bank sends you an sms when a FT has been done? Or are you relying solely on an sms sent to you by the transferrign party?

Hi zaren,

hi huggable,

timing....timing.... pls forgive my questioning brain!

you said, "It was only moments prior to his arrival that a friend called me to say he wanted the lens and FT me a deposit."

in about 1-2 minutes (assuming that is the definition of "moments"), your friend calls you to say he wants to buy the lens, you agree to the sale, he asks you for your bank a/c no., you tell him your bank a/c no., he walks to the ATM, does the fund transfer, then sms's you to say that he has FT'ed you.

i must say that is by far the fastest transaction i have ever heard of in all my years in CS!

cheers,
    z.
    Last edited by zaren; 12th August 2009 at 01:06 AM.

Just wanted to say something here.

Huggable, put yourself in the TS's position (shoes)... if you had travelled the same distance and were told that you're just 1 minute too late as someone beat you to it, HOW WOULD you feel?

You made an appointment with someone, and you still allow another to jump queue??
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hi zaren,

If the sms arrived at 13:48, what would you have done? Sell it to TS?

Live and let live.

Shouldn't spend any more time and effort pursuing something that happened already.

I'm sure Huggable already knows where he went wrong, and TS already made clear why he's angry.

Huggable, if i were you, i would sms my friend and say that the lens is being sold. Your friend paid a DEPOSIT, and i'm very sure TS was willing to pay for the lens in full at that point of time. You could have let TS viewed and bought instead, while also saying that if TS isn't buying at that time, you're lens goes to your friend immediately.

Huggable just dosen't wish to turn down a friend who already sent a deposit. At times, you should say no, cause what's right is always right, and whats wrong is always wrong, no matter the degree.
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by kleon View Post
    Huggable, at the point where i met you, you are asking me whether i am the one transferred the money as you are confused. So you are implying that you dun even know which friend of yours had transferred the money to you.
    i must admit this statement of yours has stumped me too.

so was it a friend or a stranger who bought the lens from alex?

lagi confused liaoz.....

money transferred cannot be transferred back meh? sounds more like a lame excuse to me...

There was a very simple solution to this matter.

When seller received the money from his friend, he need not have replied to his friend immediately.

This is because he knows that TS would be arriving soon.

When the TS arrived, Huggable could have given him one chance to view the lens, and one opportunity to pay for it and take the lens away. After which he could then SMS his friend saying that an appointment was already made and he will transfer the money back to him...

I assume that his friend really did make such a transfer. I cannot imagine someone (even a friend) would actually make such an uninformed transfer of $1500 before even asking whether the lens was already sold.

@ zaren: The FT was done via IB. I think I might have "underpriced" my equipment. The 24-85 I posted for sale was snapped by a return buyer a few minutes after I've posted. I indeed get fast responses to the WTS thread sometimes. Not after this thread, I'd guess.

@ the rest: I have given my account on what went wrong, especially on my part. Whatever was done wrong (in whoever's eyes) was already done. I've made kleon travelled in vain and that was my fault. Reverse the FT, reverse the viewing arrangements? I wish I could, but can't turn back the clock.

I'm out of here too. Getting late for work.
    Last edited by huggable; 12th August 2009 at 08:02 AM.

Thread closed
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Moving on is never a negative thing? I think you may want to reconsider that absolute statement in light of those who were misled into buying minibonds.
    I also bought minibond and I have moved on. Moaning and ranting would have made me miserable through out my life, but I am happily living and enjoying the simple pleasures in life, BEC I MOVE ON, BECAME WISER and look forward to better things in life. I cannot bring any $ with me when I am dead, so losing a few $$$ is not worth harbouring grudges and affecting my mental health.

That issue to me was simple you are responsible to oneself, I bought the minibonds without anyone pointing a gun at me, and with open eyes too

Enough of OT here.

My personal views here on this thread is that I would rather deal with one who is willing to admit his mistake and apologise rather than one is is filled with hatred and not willing to forgive.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 12th August 2009 at 12:54 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345