Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware--Bad Seller

Default Re: Beware--Bad Seller

BTW.. juz OT a bit..

Seller stays at the east (pasir ris?), buyer stay at tampines..

Transaction arranged at AMK? hmmmmm..

If buyer just go to seller place at night after confirm deal then quick quick close deal then no issue liao.. oni 1 MRT station away..

Anyway, dun understand wat the seller means by saying TS was minutes too late...

means wat? he already told a few buyers to come and meet him, and see which one comes first?

Sorry.. My apologise.. Maybe my wrong choice of word. Shouldn't use dieshonest..

But its really IRRESPONSIBLE!!! After confirming for the meetup, i wasn't even worth a sms to tell me that the lens was sold/reserved.

Haiz..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kleon View Post
    Sorry.. My apologise.. Maybe my wrong choice of word. Shouldn't use dieshonest..

But its really IRRESPONSIBLE!!! After confirming for the meetup, i wasn't even worth a sms to tell me that the lens was sold/reserved.

Haiz..
    Yes I would think irresponsible would be more suitable

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Yes I would think irresponsible would be more suitable
    for a lousy and irresponsible seller!!! He should do some self reflection on his behavoiur...

To TS, in your first post, you mentioned that "deal is confirmed", meaning seller accepted your offer to buy the item at that price. In that case, the seller is at fault.

However, if, prior to the meetup, there is no "confirmation of purchase", but just confirm to meet so that you can then decide whether to buy, then, technically, seller has done nothing wrong. He is not obligated to reserve the lens for you (unless he explicitly agreed to do so). He is nice to inform you in advance if he already sold the item. Else.. he is just.. "not so nice" lor.. In that case.. he really has not done anything very wrong.. And, at least he actually meet you to explain that he has sold the lens and not just "MIA".. on that part, some responsibility has been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    To TS, in your first post, you mentioned that "deal is confirmed", meaning seller accepted your offer to buy the item at that price. In that case, the seller is at fault.

However, if, prior to the meetup, there is no "confirmation of purchase", but just confirm to meet so that you can then decide whether to buy, then, technically, seller has done nothing wrong. He is not obligated to reserve the lens for you (unless he explicitly agreed to do so). He is nice to inform you in advance if he already sold the item. Else.. he is just.. "not so nice" lor.. In that case.. he really has not done anything very wrong.. And, at least he actually meet you to explain that he has sold the lens and not just "MIA".. on that part, some responsibility has been shown.
    but usually even if not confirmed (which sales is confirmed before item is viewed anyway), it shd be "reserved for viewing", rather than "come and view at ur own risk, item might be sold by the time u come"?

Minutes too late? So the next time we buy something, we have to take a jet?

Cool Re: Beware--Bad Seller

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Contrary to popular beliefs, there are always three sides to a story. Yours, mine and the truth.
    ok.....this is the truth!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    huggable WTSell: Lens - Nikon 17-55 F/2.8 DX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
    Equipment Brand: Nikon
    Equipment Model: 17-55 F/2.8 DX
    Price (S$): 1500
    Description:
    I have a condition 9 Nikon 17-55 F/2.8 DX lens for sale. Comes with everything when purchased new, with unused lens pouch. Lens is about 2 years old, no problems with focusing. Hood is always on when used outdoors. I will include a Nikon NC 77mm filter with the sale.

Interested please PM me with your name and contact. Can only meet after 12/8. Looking to sell at S$1,500 firm. Thanks.

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 9
    Warranty Status: Over

Additional Comments:
    Preference given to those who can meet at Pasir Ris.

In that case, the buyer has to get confirmation that the seller has agreed to "reserved for viewing" lor..

Actually, a lot depends on the exact message that was communicated between the 2 parties..

The issue is, there verbal confirmation of the deal? (i.e., if item is really in the state as advertised ). To "view then decide whether to buy" is different from "view to confirm condition of item before completion of deal". Different case may attract different level of commitment from seller.. For the 2nd case, "reserved for viewing" should apply.

Like what another post mentioned.. there's the seller story, the buyer story, and the truth

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    but usually even if not confirmed (which sales is confirmed before item is viewed anyway), it shd be "reserved for viewing", rather than "come and view at ur own risk, item might be sold by the time u come"?

strange till now the seller still didn't come in? "can meet after 12th aug" - but already sold?!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post

Interested please PM me with your name and contact. Can only meet after 12/8. Looking to sell at S$1,500 firm. Thanks.

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 9
    Warranty Status: Over

Additional Comments:
    Preference given to those who can meet at Pasir Ris.
    zaren, i don't really get that either. today is 11 aug..

and even if preferred seller met at pasir ris, what is the problem with msging to inform the poor guy that a) his bid (even if there was misunderstanding that commitment was made to sell to him) was unsuccessful, b) that he didn't need to travel to meet the seller to find a) out??

funny thing is he bought something from me the last time... even drive all the way to my void deck to collect... he probably has his reason... miscommunication i dunno...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Come on guys, damage already been done, why still keep digging on it? Learn from it and move on, forgive and forget and you will definately gain respect from others. Just my personal opinion.

vince123123
    Guests

I don't think there's any "digging" on it as the thread is still fairly new. Perhaps if you are feeling good spirited, you could pm the person alleged to have played out the TS to come into the thread to say his side of the story; then there can be a conclusion.

Else, this whole "move on" thing sounds like a really familiar line given when certain influential parties do not wish to answer difficult questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Submarine71 View Post
    Come on guys, damage already been done, why still keep digging on it? Learn from it and move on, forgive and forget and you will definately gain respect from others. Just my personal opinion.

My guess is that this was an oversight on the seller's side - i.e. failure to communicate the most recent status of his offered item. These things do happen, especially when response is overwhelming, and I don't think it's a trivial matter too that the seller apparently is a father of a young boy.

Yes it shouldn't matter, but as a father of a young daughter and who coincidentally recently posted a lens offer here last week that got a huge number of responses, it wasn't easy for me to coordinate who was who, the offers, and the places each interested person wanted to meet.

Maybe I'm indeed missing something here of course, but in this case, I'm ageeable with the moderator. At most, the seller was inconsiderate (though I think likely he was just forgetful), but I just don't think he was intending to be dishonest.

Haiz..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wzierbovsky View Post
    My guess is that this was an oversight on the seller's side - i.e. failure to communicate the most recent status of his offered item. These things do happen, especially when response is overwhelming, and I don't think it's a trivial matter too that the seller apparently is a father of a young boy.

Yes it shouldn't matter, but as a father of a young daughter and who coincidentally recently posted a lens offer here last week that got a huge number of responses, it wasn't easy for me to coordinate who was who, the offers, and the places each interested person wanted to meet.

Maybe I'm indeed missing something here of course, but in this case, I'm ageeable with the moderator. At most, the seller was inconsiderate (though I think likely he was just forgetful), but I just don't think he was intending to be dishonest.
    Hi Wzierbovsky,

Like i say ealier, its my wrong choice of word use. Dishonest was too inappropriate a word to used for this instant. But however given the point that the seller is a father of a young boy doesn't given him the excuse to do things so hastily. If its too trivial a matter, he can choose not to sell the lens rather than to meet me up and tell me someone paid a deposit in the morning itself . Worst thing is he didn't even bring the lens out for the meet given that there might be a possibility of miscommunication.

And even if i just want to view and try the lens, i wouldn't wan to disturb a fellow members here and waste his/her time and effort to meet me up to facilitate to my needs.

Well not to dwell on it further, this thread is just to serve as a warning to other CSers of the issue that have happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I don't think there's any "digging" on it as the thread is still fairly new. Perhaps if you are feeling good spirited, you could pm the person alleged to have played out the TS to come into the thread to say his side of the story; then there can be a conclusion.

Else, this whole "move on" thing sounds like a really familiar line given when certain influential parties do not wish to answer difficult questions.
    There is no need for any conclusion for everything.

"Moving on" is never a negative thing. Cos no point crying over spilled milk. The past is already past, just learn form it and be wiser in the future.

Hence it is better to prepare and crave one's future - that is why "move on", rather than to be stagnant and keep ranting and moaning about what is already been done.

Hi Wzierbovsky,

Like i say ealier, its my wrong choice of word use. Dishonest was too inappropriate a word to used for this instant. But however given the point that the seller is a father of a young boy doesn't given him the excuse to do things so hastily. If its too trivial a matter, he can choose not to sell the lens rather than to meet me up and tell me someone paid a deposit in the morning itself . Worst thing is he didn't even bring the lens out for the meet given that there might be a possibility of miscommunication.

And even if i just want to view and try the lens, i wouldn't wan to disturb a fellow members here and waste his/her time and effort to meet me up to facilitate to my needs.

Well not to dwell on it further, this thread is just to serve as a warning to other CSers of the issue that have happen.
    Yes I believe this is the conclusion and purpose of this thread which have been well served. With that I shall close it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    There is no need for any conclusion for everything.

"Moving on" is never a negative thing. Cos no point crying over spilled milk. The past is already past, just learn form it and be wiser in the future.

Hence it is better to prepare and crave one's future - that is why "move on", rather than to be stagnant and keep ranting and moaning about what is already been done.

Yes I believe this is the conclusion and purpose of this thread which have been well served. With that I shall close it.

I am reopening this thread at the request of the Seller "Huggable" (who was alerted to this thread only a short while ago). Huggable will sort to explain and give his account of the incident.

First off, the reason for stating a later meeting-up date in my WTS thread is because the box, etc is kept in my office, and I on extended leave over the NDP holiday. I won't be able to meet potential buyers will the full kit.

kleon initially agreed to meet on Wed. After moving dates a few times, he SMS'd he can meet me. Since he voluntarily agreed to meet on that day, I told him to drop by at AMK library. I only know he's on shift work, and didn't know that he took leave to view the lens.

It was only moments prior to his arrival that a friend called me to say he wanted the lens and FT me a deposit. So that sealed the deal. A minute later, I was at a loss when he SMS me that he had arrived at AMK. Instead of flying aeroplane, I felt responsible to tell him the truth. That definitely will piss him off, but I think it's only correct. I apologised to him repeatedly, and he furiously walked off.

And btw I brought out the 17-55 lens + camera with me. It was drizzling, and camera is prohibited in the library. So I kept the camera in my car.

kleon, I'm truthfully sorry for making you make a wasted trip. But as spoken (with a loss of words), I have only 1 lens, and won't be able to trade with you even though I go take the lens to show you.

In my dealings in CS, I always deal with integrity. No point making myself a bad seller, and inconvenient people along the way. My apologies once again for the disappointment.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast