Thread: Good Haversack Bag

Default Good Haversack Bag

Hi there;

I have been searching for a haversack that can contain my laptop and my DSLR camera. Any recommendation? Thanks

Default Re: Good Haversack Bag

you can try the lowepro backpacks such as compudaypack.
    Pentax K-x

Smile Re: Good Haversack Bag

U can lowepro many design, kata not bad too.

Crumpler. I am using the Karachi Outpost. Probably the coolest camera bag easily found off the shelves.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by sidzal74 View Post
    Hi there;

I have been searching for a haversack that can contain my laptop and my DSLR camera. Any recommendation? Thanks
    Look up this link
    http://www.cambags.com/

Nikon D90|N35mm f1.8G
    N12-24 f4|T90mm f2.8|T180mm f3.5

Hi sidzal74,

forgive me for riding on your thread to ask related questions as I'm also intending to get a spacious backpack for my dslr... Am looking for 1 that offers enough space for 450D + Kit Lens + 50mm Prime Lens + (maybe another Zoom/ Macro Lens in the near future...); & also sufficient space to put other misc stuffs if I bring my child out on a photoshoot session (things includes those Vacuum Themal Flask, Milk Bottle & Milk powder containers & many others - CS'ers whom have young kids may know what I meant...); & preferbably also a compartment to bring along a 15- to 17-inch laptop... [LOL!!! Guess better for me to get 1 of those Luggage bags with trolley wheels...]

Am looking at a few models: Tamrac Adventure 9; Lowepro Fastpack 350; Flipside 300; Crumpler Customary Barge. Will be glad if anyone whom'd used/owned these bags before to advice if it is suitable based on my situation above. TIA!!!

PS: Happy 44th National Day to all & have a great long weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by gundam77 View Post
    Hi sidzal74,

forgive me for riding on your thread to ask related questions as I'm also intending to get a spacious backpack for my dslr... Am looking for 1 that offers enough space for 450D + Kit Lens + 50mm Prime Lens + (maybe another Zoom/ Macro Lens in the near future...); & also sufficient space to put other misc stuffs if I bring my child out on a photoshoot session (things includes those Vacuum Themal Flask, Milk Bottle & Milk powder containers & many others - CS'ers whom have young kids may know what I meant...); & preferbably also a compartment to bring along a 15- to 17-inch laptop... [LOL!!! Guess better for me to get 1 of those Luggage bags with trolley wheels...]

Am looking at a few models: Tamrac Adventure 9; Lowepro Fastpack 350; Flipside 300; Crumpler Customary Barge. Will be glad if anyone whom'd used/owned these bags before to advice if it is suitable based on my situation above. TIA!!!

if you have some extra cash and don't mind spending it,

get the crumpler!
    Pentax K-x

Hi sidzal74,

you need to bring so much things ???

nvr put water stuffs together with cam stuffs.
    i hv kids too, but i always use another bag for their stuffs
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Hi sidzal74,

Wow, even if there is a bag for all that, you sure you want to carry it around? If taking child out for outing, maybe you can be more selective about the lenses you are carrying, otherwise it becomes more of a chore.

Hi all;

Thanks for the advice. I just bought a Kata DR466i, not to big though, enough to put DSLR camera plus 3 lenses and a laptop together with my personal belongings.

Sid

Quote Originally Posted by sidzal74 View Post
    Hi all;

Thanks for the advice. I just bought a Kata DR466i, not to big though, enough to put DSLR camera plus 3 lenses and a laptop together with my personal belongings.

Sid
    Kata is definitely a good bag,

Hope it serves you well!

Cheers
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    if you have some extra cash and don't mind spending it,

get the crumpler!
    Thks Lomographer, as you'd put it correctly... IF I have the extra cash, will surely get it... [Keeping fingers & toes crossed for this Wed's 4D draw... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lim View Post
    you need to bring so much things ???
    Hi Alex, yup, sometimes may bring my family (wife + 3-yr old kid) along for photo shoot. So need to bring all these items along & can't expect my wife to carry all of it while I happily click away on the camera's shutter... Hence, I always find that I don't carry as much barang barang even when I go back Reservist for outfield exercise...

Quote Originally Posted by ijnek View Post
    nvr put water stuffs together with cam stuffs.
    i hv kids too, but i always use another bag for their stuffs
    Thanks for the advise ijnek, currently am putting my child's stuffs in my normal backpack, then lugging my 450D in the default Canon Shoulder Sling bag... To make things worse, sometimes my kid will demand me to carry, so you can imagine the situation when there comes a moment I wish to capture down fast using my 450D... [Sometimes, have kancheong thots to 'throw' my kids down & just capture the moment 1st before it goes away...]

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Wow, even if there is a bag for all that, you sure you want to carry it around? If taking child out for outing, maybe you can be more selective about the lenses you are carrying, otherwise it becomes more of a chore.
    Thanks ahbian, currently only have the Kit Lens & a 50mm Prime lens so not those very big lens yet... but just wish to dump everything (DSLR + Lenses + kid's stuffs) into 1 bag for convenience sake as do not possess own vehicle, mostly on public transport... Do understand ijnek's concerns/ danger of putting water stuffs with cam... Then sometimes feel very guilty to just go on a shooting outing & left my wife & kid alone at home...

Sigh!!!

I use a normal Deuter Navajo 35, not special one for the camera but so far I manage to bring 2 bodies, 3 lens, 2 flashes, 1 tripod, 2 umbrellas, 1 light stand, reflectors, etc to my photoshoot...

Btw if you bring too many things, no matter bag you use, the weight is gonna kill your shoulder
    Achetez ce que vous souhaitez, pas ce que vous voulez...