Thread: 52mm filters on LZ28 - Personal experience

Default 52mm filters on LZ28 - Personal experience

Hi, Just to share.

If you are thinking of using a step up from 46mm to 52mm and using 52mm filters moving forward on your LZ28, don't do that.

Bought 2 filters and a stepup yesterday and fix on my camera. When the lens auto retract, your zoom will be stuck. (by the way, you cannot overwrite the auto off). Happened to me. I had a hard time removing the step up ring. Initially thought that my FZ is a gone case.

So now I am stuck with 52mm filters (just one day old and never use before). Have to sell away at a loss.

Hope that no one will make the same mistake as me.

Default Re: 52mm filters on LZ28 - Personal experience

Hey i have tried this before, u could use a 46mm Uv filter then attach a 52mm step up and use a 52mm filter on it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vincentjd View Post
    Hey i have tried this before, u could use a 46mm Uv filter then attach a 52mm step up and use a 52mm filter on it
    wow, you are adding so many pieces of glass in between! Wouldn't that cause any glare problem?

What you can do is find a old 46mm filter, or any cheapo lousy one. Remove the glass element. and it works the same way without all the fuss with glass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppamocha View Post
    Hi, Just to share.

If you are thinking of using a step up from 46mm to 52mm and using 52mm filters moving forward on your LZ28, don't do that.

Bought 2 filters and a stepup yesterday and fix on my camera. When the lens auto retract, your zoom will be stuck. (by the way, you cannot overwrite the auto off). Happened to me. I had a hard time removing the step up ring. Initially thought that my FZ is a gone case.

So now I am stuck with 52mm filters (just one day old and never use before). Have to sell away at a loss.

Hope that no one will make the same mistake as me.
    What 52mm filters do you have? I am sure many people will want them, coz a lot of lower end Nikon lenses are 52mm.