Thread: Vienna City

Default Vienna City

Hi all,

Would like contributions to places in Vienna city centre that are worth shooting from.

For myself, I know there's the St Stephansplatz cathedral.. but it's overshot. C'mon, chip in! Anywhere and everywhere, regardless of element.

Default Re: Vienna City

Wade, the entire city centre is worth shooting! When I first visited there, I thought "My God, what a magnificent city!"

When you're @ the cathedral, visit the top tower & have a panoramic view of the city.

Take the public bus or walk. Visit the museums & old palaces as well. I spent 5 days in that city. Hotels are expensive though.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Default Re: Vienna City

Vienna is a fairly nice place, well developed city. The cathedral is not that fantastic... Schronbrunn palace is a must-visit, very grand and quite nice.

For hotel, i strongly recommend Levante Parliament, i didnt pay much, about 130 euro a night i think? It's well located near the musuem quarter, walking distance to 2 u-bahn stations. The rooms are very nicely decorated but not very big (this is europe after all). The lobby, courtyard and breakfast area are also very nice.