Thread: nikon coolpix 5700

Default nikon coolpix 5700

need help from CP5700 users.
    Just got it for about a week. Try out some settings on user 1,2 and 3.
    Strange that when using user 1, whenever i switch from display mode to shooting mode, i could not do any adjustment on aperture, shutter speed etc with the dial. I hv to switch off and on again. But when i switch to user 2, this problem was not there.
    thanks.

Hi,

Well, within each user mode (1, 2 or 3), you can select either Program (Auto), Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority or Manual modes. For Program, it is totally auto - so you can't change the shutter speed or aperture. For the other 3 modes, the dial should work.

If I'm not mistaken, by default, if you press the MODE button while turning the dial, it will switch between Program, S, A or M. Then, once you're in the specific mode (other than P), you can use the dial to adjust.

Check the manual - plenty of tips in there.

Have fun with 5700. Cool camera. I just bought a SD-28DX speedlight - better than the built-in one because I can bounce and soften the fill-in flash. Better for evening functions.

rgds,
    WK

Quote Originally Posted by wkcheah
    Hi,

Well, within each user mode (1, 2 or 3), you can select either Program (Auto), Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority or Manual modes. For Program, it is totally auto - so you can't change the shutter speed or aperture. For the other 3 modes, the dial should work.

If I'm not mistaken, by default, if you press the MODE button while turning the dial, it will switch between Program, S, A or M. Then, once you're in the specific mode (other than P), you can use the dial to adjust.

Check the manual - plenty of tips in there.

Have fun with 5700. Cool camera. I just bought a SD-28DX speedlight - better than the built-in one because I can bounce and soften the fill-in flash. Better for evening functions.

rgds,
    WK

Thanks.
    the explanation in the manual is not very specific and detailed enough.
    I am still trying to figure out how to memorise the user 1,2,3 settings such as white balance, exposure etc.
    Also, i was trying to set the AE-lock button to spot-metering but no specific instructions in manual. Reason for setting this is that i can switch between matrix and spot-metering by just pressing the AE lock button, which i find useful. My F75 allows me to do that.

btw, how much does the SD-28DX cost?