Thread: SLIK F630 tripod a gd one to start?

Default SLIK F630 tripod a gd one to start?

Am a newbie and would like to get a tripod to start with n not spending too much. Mainly shooting indoor, particularly at food.
    SLIK F630 is currently on promotion. But would like to get some advise here before committing. Appreciate any advise! Thank you!

Default Re: SLIK F630 tripod a gd one to start?

Quote Originally Posted by spy007 View Post
    Am a newbie and would like to get a tripod to start with n not spending too much. Mainly shooting indoor, particularly at food.
    SLIK F630 is currently on promotion. But would like to get some advise here before committing. Appreciate any advise! Thank you!
    depends on overall weight it needs to support.

unless your setup is really heavy, most of the time the bundled tripod when buy camera is more then enough.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

i would actually stay away from anything with that funny plastic thingy in the middle

Perhaps you could look at the Buy/Sell Photography Accessories in teh Marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

i would actually stay away from anything with that funny plastic thingy in the middle
    any reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by lilithfiend View Post
    any reason why?
    if need to put that thing there

usually means the thing isn't stable in the first place, need additional nonsense there to stabilise it

Quote Originally Posted by lilithfiend View Post
    any reason why?
    Tripod with the plastic parts, the plastic part can break if subject to too much stress.

the center part join with the sliding arm that connect to the legs, cant offer better stability if u need to open wider.

plastic hinge join for turning the camera 90deg for portriat shooting usually not stable and very hard to get a perfect 90deg
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

well. im using that tripod for a few times. Its okay for my setup. 500d + 18-55 + hood. But its unstable if the centre column is extended to the max. other than that, i have no complains.

Any tripod is good to start with... the question is the time span from you started using it and realizing that you need a better one...
    Achetez ce que vous souhaitez, pas ce que vous voulez...

hey dood so in the end did you go ahead with the tripod ...

any1 have any experience with this tripod and say the stein heizer or sth. pardon my spelling.

am currently looking for a cheaper tripod that can just keep the camera while im taking night shots.

currently im using a 500d kit1

Quote Originally Posted by nikkidi View Post
    hey dood so in the end did you go ahead with the tripod ...

any1 have any experience with this tripod and say the stein heizer or sth. pardon my spelling.

am currently looking for a cheaper tripod that can just keep the camera while im taking night shots.

currently im using a 500d kit1
    it all depends how much you want to pay and how light you want the tripod to be to support the weight of your camera system.

I take it you got a free tripod when bought the 500D....is there any reason why you want to get another tripod?

can get a second hand benro or similar.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.