Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Does lab nowaday still develop slides?

  1. #1

    Default Does lab nowaday still develop slides?

    Nowaday labs usually send their slides to the factory and develop. Even labs like Colorlab don't develop slide no more, they will send it to factory.

    Normally I paid $4 but now I got to pay $6 for a roll.

    What about RGB or 35 mm? Do they still develop slides?

    Thanks.
    Objection !!!

  2. #2

    Default

    there will always be some labs that still deveop slides

  3. #3

    Default

    RGB Color does slide processing (E-6 process), same day service if you send it in the morning, at $4.70 per roll (excluding any mounting or scanning). NUS students get discount.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    Nowaday labs usually send their slides to the factory and develop. Even labs like Colorlab don't develop slide no more, they will send it to factory.

    Normally I paid $4 but now I got to pay $6 for a roll.

    What about RGB or 35 mm? Do they still develop slides?

    Thanks.
    Colour Lab has always been charging $6, it's RGB that's charging $4 actually. No longer do slides since I do mainly digital now, so not too sure whats out there now. I am pretty sure RGB still does it. Nothing wrong if they send to factory anyway.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5

    Default

    Hi, how about processing 6x6 or 6x7 slides? Do you know who and how much? How about making prints from slides of those sizes? Got a feeling it will be very expensive.

    Thanks.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    Colour Lab has always been charging $6,Regards
    CK
    no lar, you kanna cheated already . it was $4 then $4.50 then boom $6 . nothing wrong if sent to factory ? It does matter :

    1: more expensive if doing bulk developing .
    2: longer waiting time. it used to be 1 day , now I got to wait 3 - 5 days.
    3: quality control : i don't want my slides to have scratches.
    Last edited by ninelives; 21st December 2003 at 11:41 PM.
    Objection !!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    no lar, you kanna cheated already . it was $4 then $4.50 then boom $6 . nothing wrong if sent to factory ? It does matter :

    1: more expensive if doing bulk developing .
    2: longer waiting time. it used to be 1 day , now I got to wait 3 - 5 days.
    3: quality control : i don't want my slides to have scratches.
    As far as I remember, Colour Lab has been charging $6 unmounted for at least 2 years. Same goes to FotoHub. The only lab I know that charges $4+ is RGB, which has a turnaround time of about 3 hours.

    The cheapest, fastest place to do slide processing is RGB. The other labs will take 2-3 days (at least before I went digital). Whether the slides will have scratches or not is independent on whether the lab send it to a factory. If the factory operator takes good care, that should not happen. If the lab operator never take good care, it will be scratched anyway.

    I have not tried the Fuji factory in AMK(?) but people whom I know have tried it are pretty satisfied with the results.

    Regards
    CK

  8. #8

    Default

    So far all my slides are being developed at RGB. They are fast, only require, 2-3 hours before you can collect it.

    Besides they offer discount to all students (not necessary NUS).

    Colourlab's slides printing is not traditional printing right?
    Canon EOS 5D Classic | Minolta X-700 | http://flickr.com/photos/zeus

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Hi

    for slides anything, Go RGB (beach road branch)
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  10. #10
    Member tagclieg2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    140

    Thumbs up Try Spectra

    They are pretty good too

    Rgds.

  11. #11

    Default

    RGB only has beach road branch now...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necroist
    So far all my slides are being developed at RGB. They are fast, only require, 2-3 hours before you can collect it.

    Besides they offer discount to all students (not necessary NUS).

    Colourlab's slides printing is not traditional printing right?
    Nope. RGB's isn't either, if I am not wrong. Nowadays, most places do the "scan then print" method.

    Regards
    CK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •