Thread: Urgent Appeal for travel buddies

Arrow Urgent Appeal for travel buddies

Hi all,

My 2 friends (chinese females aged 20+) are going to Western Australia (perth and other areas) on August 28 to September 6 for a photography trip as the wild flowers bloom (turning spring). Will be flying by jetstarasia.

However the minimum age for hiring a car is 21 years old to cover areas at the pinnacles and down (to Albany, Margaret river). thus they are unable to rent a car and is looking for 1-2 females aged 25-60 with a driving license so more areas can be covered + share cost of car rental too.

Proposed itinerary will be Perth itself +
    :: PINNACLES
    :: KARRI FOREST/ MAGARET RIVER
    :: BUSSELTON JETTI
    :: ALBANY COASTLINE

Interested parties please PM me with your contact number. Thank you!
    Last edited by coleismybear; 12th August 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Default Re: Urgent Appeal for travel buddies

Maybe do a search in the areas they are thinking of renting a car from? Just found a car company in the gold coast that rents out to people under 21, http://goldcoastcarhire.com/.

The big car renters may not rent to people under 21, but some of the smaller places might...

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Maybe do a search in the areas they are thinking of renting a car from? Just found a car company in the gold coast that rents out to people under 21, http://goldcoastcarhire.com/.

The big car renters may not rent to people under 21, but some of the smaller places might...
    thanks for your information, they are going to western australia and wont be @ gold coast area.

still looking, thanks!

try this site..under "Travel buddy section", www.travelbug.sg

Quote Originally Posted by davidtkl76 View Post
    try this site..under "Travel buddy section", www.travelbug.sg
    thanks for the information!~ the site is a bit inactive though

Quote Originally Posted by coleismybear View Post
    Hi all,

My 2 friends (chinese females aged 20+) are going to Western Australia (perth and other areas) on August 28 to September 6 for a photography trip as the wild flowers bloom (turning spring). Will be flying by jetstarasia.

However the minimum age for hiring a car is 21 years old to cover areas up north (to Exmouth, monkey mia area) and down (to Albany, Margaret river). thus they are unable to rent a car and is looking for 1-2 females aged 25-60 with a driving license so more areas can be covered + share cost of car rental too.

Proposed itinerary will be
    :: PINNACLES
    :: KALBARRI NATIONAL PARK
    :: MONKEY MIA
    :: CORAL BAY
    :: NINGALOO REEF
    :: TURQUOISE BAY
    :: YARDIE CREEK
    :: EXMOUTH
    :: KARRI FOREST/ MAGARET RIVER
    :: BUSSELTON JETTI
    :: VALLEY OF THE GIANTS
    :: ALBANY COASTLINE

Interested parties please PM me with your contact number. Thank you!
    Hi,

Just like to share... Your proposed itinerary for a 10 days trip looks a little challenging to achieve. Firstly, going south alone (basing on those areas you mentioned) will takes min 1 week - even rushing thru. Then another 1+ week min. to explore North.... From Perth city, you are very likely will need a night stopover somewhere like Geraldton before arriving Exmouth so that is already 4 days just to travel up and down...

Also, you'll probably need a 4WD to explore Northern WA as a lot of the nice places are not accessible by normal 2WD vehicle....

Hope you'll share your experience here after your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by stevle View Post
    Hi,

Just like to share... Your proposed itinerary for a 10 days trip looks a little challenging to achieve. Firstly, going south alone (basing on those areas you mentioned) will takes min 1 week - even rushing thru. Then another 1+ week min. to explore North.... From Perth city, you are very likely will need a night stopover somewhere like Geraldton before arriving Exmouth so that is already 4 days just to travel up and down...

Also, you'll probably need a 4WD to explore Northern WA as a lot of the nice places are not accessible by normal 2WD vehicle....

Hope you'll share your experience here after your trip.
    thanks for your advice. first-timing western aus!

Quote Originally Posted by coleismybear View Post
    Hi all,

However the minimum age for hiring a car is 21 years old to cover areas up north (to Exmouth, monkey mia area) and down (to Albany, Margaret river). thus they are unable to rent a car and is looking for 1-2 females aged 25-60 with a driving license so more areas can be covered + share cost of car rental too.
    I read with concern regarding your two female friends intention to venture into the Australian Outback on their own. Checked with a friend who is residing in Australia and this is his feedback....

"There is no way for them to hire a car in WA as they are below 21. Minimum age is 25 but there are exceptions for those below 25 and above 21. But since they are below 21, no way. They may need to hire a 4WD. And you may need a crash course to handle these machines in the outback. Roads in the wild flowers areas are unsealed. 2 girls, alone by themselves in the outback, is not a smart move. They should join a local tour from Perth. Safer for them."

Hope the above information helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marge View Post
    I read with concern regarding your two female friends intention to venture into the Australian Outback on their own. Checked with a friend who is residing in Australia and this is his feedback....

"There is no way for them to hire a car in WA as they are below 21. Minimum age is 25 but there are exceptions for those below 25 and above 21. But since they are below 21, no way. They may need to hire a 4WD. And you may need a crash course to handle these machines in the outback. Roads in the wild flowers areas are unsealed. 2 girls, alone by themselves in the outback, is not a smart move. They should join a local tour from Perth. Safer for them."

What he said it quite true.

i think safer , join travel group.

2 female somemore.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

Quote Originally Posted by Marge View Post

Kind of true. I thank you for asking your friend and replying here.

I think you can read some of the replies here.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550500

Driving in overseas can be quite difficult especially if you don't know the way.

Wait till they see the road condition in the night, can be really dangerous.

I have got a licence and rented a car to drive in Singapore every now and then but I am also not confident to drive here alone in the night.

Wanted to rent a car but because no GPS, I call off the idea because I know that if I am not familiar with the roads, can be really dangerous.
    Last edited by Francis247; 6th August 2009 at 08:31 PM.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Take note that driving conditions overseas is very different from the driving conditions in SG. In the desert, you might witness sandstorms, intense heat/radiator overheating (especially in the deserts in the summer), driving alongside cliffs (not sure about Aussie, but it's common here in the US, and there aren't street lights at night, you're dependent on reflectors in the road+slow driving)... make sure you find out as much info as possible from locals near the areas you're travelling to about road/weather conditions, and well as possible problems that might occur along the way. And do remember to bring loads of water! You won't wanna start getting dehydrated.

thanks for the advice! still looking though...

coleismybear!!
    huai u ish here

u can try in the travel sub forum in hwz too

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    coleismybear!!
    huai u ish here

u can try in the travel sub forum in hwz too
    more traffic here
    thanks for the up~!