Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

  1. #21
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    On actual day, places will be snapped up very fast by huge groups of family members. Once their big canvas sheet is laid. Say byebye to your angles.

    4.30pm? I doubt you will get any good angles.

    For all the good things you want come sacrifices. For meals, either you takeaway or go hungry. I guess the options are limited and hope you make the right choice.

    Weather will not be on your side - I meant the heat of going early.

    Good luck and enjoy your day out. For the 1st time in 20 years, I'm celebrating overseas.
    Well, i think i will go at 12. or even 1 or 2.
    thanks for your kind advise.

    enjoy your overseas trip.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  2. #22
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    11:30am is not surprising. I've heard some as early as 9am go camp there liao.
    I jus came out of the hospital after sawing someone put 11.30am.

    Guess i have to go back. *9am* *faint*
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  3. #23

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    I might go at 2pm also after makan lunch
    need to really camp man.
    in the meantime there can sit down on floor and get baked.
    hahaha

    sonyboy any updates on meeting up earlier?

    Have to tapao dinner so can eat there.

  4. #24

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sonyboy View Post
    The tripod thing quite true.



    Yes. Please contact me.



    LOL. this time i will mainly shoot in video format



    You one ppl shoot, we 7 ppl shoot.
    i shoot you all, and you all shoot fireworks.. different focus target.
    It's Never about the Camera, It's YOU that matters!

  5. #25

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Is there any more slot available? I wish to join u guys for the shoot.

    And I wish to take picture of the fireworks!! for the first time.

    Beside tripod any other equipment needed?
    click click!

  6. #26

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    A wired shutter remote would be advised to prevent camera shakes even on tripod.
    Olympus EM-5 | 12-50mm | 14mm | Canon 17-55mm | 430EX

  7. #27
    Senior Member Lomographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paterson Road
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    yea i mean if you are truly hardcore, you can camp at 9am but get everything ready so you won't have to leave the spot
    Pentax K-x

  8. #28

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    rain rain rain....

    all should get wet. hehehehe
    Loslos...

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by berryfiasco View Post
    A wired shutter remote would be advised to prevent camera shakes even on tripod.
    Some people would use wireless but why wired is preferred is becos there's no lag.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sonyboy View Post
    I jus came out of the hospital after sawing someone put 11.30am.

    Guess i have to go back. *9am* *faint*
    It's no joke really and i wouldn't do that for a NDP cos i also took the preview which have far lesser pple and lots of places to walk around. Ever since that incident 2 years ago i never want to take on actual day again.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Lomographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paterson Road
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    It's no joke really and i wouldn't do that for a NDP cos i also took the preview which have far lesser pple and lots of places to walk around. Ever since that incident 2 years ago i never want to take on actual day again.
    that's true, can't help but agree.
    Pentax K-x

  12. #32
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by berryfiasco View Post
    A wired shutter remote would be advised to prevent camera shakes even on tripod.
    True.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    yea i mean if you are truly hardcore, you can camp at 9am but get everything ready so you won't have to leave the spot
    9am cannot. i still at church.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    rain rain rain....

    all should get wet. hehehehe
    CHOY! no rain plx!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Some people would use wireless but why wired is preferred is becos there's no lag.
    I prefer wired.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    It's no joke really and i wouldn't do that for a NDP cos i also took the preview which have far lesser pple and lots of places to walk around. Ever since that incident 2 years ago i never want to take on actual day again.
    i am jus joking. probadly 2pm.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  13. #33
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvint81 View Post
    I might go at 2pm also after makan lunch
    need to really camp man.
    in the meantime there can sit down on floor and get baked.
    hahaha

    sonyboy any updates on meeting up earlier?

    Have to tapao dinner so can eat there.
    i call you. never answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by p0633318 View Post
    Is there any more slot available? I wish to join u guys for the shoot.

    And I wish to take picture of the fireworks!! for the first time.

    Beside tripod any other equipment needed?
    yes. please pm me back ASAP.

    jus tripod will do.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Camera + lens in addition to tripod

  15. #35
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by limsgp View Post
    camera + lens in addition to tripod
    haha. Lol
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jurong East St 13
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Oooo.....I managed to get 2 precious tickets for this Sunday's NDP. Yippie!!

    So looks like I won't be joining you guys to camp there liao. But anyway, best of luck and hope you guys manage to find great spots to plant your tripods. Judging from last week's photographer turnout for the NDP preview, it's wise to really turn up early to get the best shooting spots.

    I was there at 3pm and it was already quite crowded with photographers at the far end of the area outside Esplanade near the floating platform. That area seems very popular. If you're all planning on going early, better buy food and drinks in advance so you don't have to squeeze through the crowd to buy them later.

  17. #37
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent2000 View Post
    Oooo.....I managed to get 2 precious tickets for this Sunday's NDP. Yippie!!

    So looks like I won't be joining you guys to camp there liao. But anyway, best of luck and hope you guys manage to find great spots to plant your tripods. Judging from last week's photographer turnout for the NDP preview, it's wise to really turn up early to get the best shooting spots.

    I was there at 3pm and it was already quite crowded with photographers at the far end of the area outside Esplanade near the floating platform. That area seems very popular. If you're all planning on going early, better buy food and drinks in advance so you don't have to squeeze through the crowd to buy them later.
    what colour you in?

    another 1 sell me la
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  18. #38

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    sonyboy u called me?
    i did not answer because i was at gym training.

  19. #39
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kelvint81 View Post
    sonyboy u called me?
    i did not answer because i was at gym training.
    sorry, for now. this outing not confirmed.

    cus i might get to go in the patlform.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  20. #40
    Senior Member Lomographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paterson Road
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: DAY out to shoot NDP 2009! 9th AUG 2009!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sonyboy View Post
    sorry, for now. this outing not confirmed.

    cus i might get to go in the patlform.
    if you are in, tell me.

    can shoot with you,
    Pentax K-x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •