Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Closing Queenstown prison

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    381

    Default Closing Queenstown prison

    I noticed from ST this weekend that they are closing Queenstown prison this month to be demolished soon. I wonder if there would be any chance to go there for shots before they demolish it as I am sure few of you CS guys may agree. Does anyone have any idea?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokomotiv View Post
    I noticed from ST this weekend that they are closing Queenstown prison this month to be demolished soon. I wonder if there would be any chance to go there for shots before they demolish it as I am sure few of you CS guys may agree. Does anyone have any idea?

    need to apply for permit i believe..

    QRP is still a protected place under the law, and u can't anyhow shoot there without permission..
    D800 | N14-24 | N24-70 | N70-200 II | N50 1.4G | N60 macro 2.8G | N85 1.4G | SB800

  3. #3

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    Quote Originally Posted by wenbin0215 View Post
    need to apply for permit i believe..

    QRP is still a protected place under the law, and u can't anyhow shoot there without permission..
    Tot so too. Don't get into trouble man or u will never shoot again....

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    I find that if can get a group large enough, there would be a chance that photog would be allowed after all the admin things are done and the demolision is underway.
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    I find that if can get a group large enough, there would be a chance that photog would be allowed after all the admin things are done and the demolision is underway.
    that would be a good idea. how about organizing an outing for that?
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  6. #6

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    that would be a good idea. how about organizing an outing for that?
    Good idea! Let set on weekend and someone who know how to apply permit help us do so.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    i think just email the guys incharge of the prison can le?
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

  8. #8
    Member xbsolut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    lol where to look for e person incharge?
    Moldy camera, moldy lens..

  9. #9
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    Maybe u guys can try here first. It's the website, but at least can start from there to get the proper procedures done.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    serangoon
    Posts
    3,042

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    For outing shots ? if this shoot comes true. ...
    please Pm me !


    tungtong2009

    .
    Last edited by tungtong; 21st August 2009 at 03:47 PM.
    I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    This would be a rare and exciting opportunity. Please rope me in if it comes through

  12. #12
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    I would be keen too if this shoot comes true.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  13. #13

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    I am interested too!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Khatib
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    I've emailed them but no reply yet.

    I asked some of my prison warden frens,they said even its closing,photography still not allowed

    sad la
    Harlyn

  15. #15

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  16. #16

    Default Re: Closing Queenstown prison

    Quote Originally Posted by gguppyy View Post
    I've emailed them but no reply yet.

    I asked some of my prison warden frens,they said even its closing,photography still not allowed

    sad la
    Its due to high security. Same for some SAF camps which close down and you still can't do photography in the unoccupied camps. Just imagine if unresponsible person got hold of those pictures of high security area, they will study the weaknesses of our singapore security. So still a no no untill they demolished the building. By then, nothing will be left.
    Shoot and shoot and shoot
    Every shoot is a puzzle to the world of photography...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •