Thread: Need advise...

Default Need advise...

Hi to all...

Currently have a 50mm f1.8(i'm using canon 450D). I have the impression that this lens is used more for portraits and still life(correct me if i'm wrong), therefore is it advisable to get a CPL or ND/GND filters for it? Is it good for taking landscape with this lens?

Thanks for the advise.

Default Re: Need advise...

50mm on a 450D will give the equiv. FOV of 80mm. Not exactly wide-angle, but it depends on your landscape style. You can easilty use it for portraits, street shooting, fun snapshots, etc. Your imagination is the only thing limiting the lens.
    Alpha

this is in relation to the landscape point. with the 50mm on, take a look through the viewfinder and get a sense of what you can see. then do that with another lens, either a wide-angle or kit lens, and compare how much more you can see. then decide which lens you like more in terms of how much you can see without moving too much. if you're very big on wide sweeping shots then obviously the 50mm isn't as suitable.
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinT View Post
    Currently have a 50mm f1.8(i'm using canon 450D). I have the impression that this lens is used more for portraits and still life(correct me if i'm wrong), therefore is it advisable to get a CPL or ND/GND filters for it? Is it good for taking landscape with this lens?
    How do you think is "portrait and still life" related to the usage of the filters mentioned?
    Read up about those filters and the effect they have on taking pictures. Then you'll see whether this compliments or supports your intentions.
    Of course you can take the 50mm for landscape, portraits and other purposes. Whether the lens is useful is not just simply depending on the focal length but also on your actual subject, distance, composition effects you want to achieve etc.

Always good to get a CPL especially for landscape shots if u have the budget
    Its one of the filter effect u can't replicate well (or impossible) in post processing