Thread: Is Shenzhen or Hongkong better for shopping for ladies?

Default Is Shenzhen or Hongkong better for shopping for ladies?

Planning for a shopping trip this month, need some advices from you guys

Which country is better for shopping? Gf buys mostly local designer stuffs, doesn't buy branded and imitation goods.

Heard that Shenzhen has got a lot of imitated goods, but Hongkong is mostly about branded goods. So which one is more suitable for us?

Default Re: Is Shenzhen or Hongkong better for shopping for ladies?

Hong Kong cause I'm from there!

I've not been to Shen Zhen, but you don't go to anywhere just to shop right? You'll also be there to experience their culture and way of life.... I'll vote for HK anytime for the atmosphere/food/shopping, but it depends on what you want

I usually go HK to shop for cameras.

Never had the experience of shopping for ladies.

(Seriously, go for HK. I'm against supporting the counterfeiting industry - of which Shenzhen is known for. Say no to fakes!)
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

hong kong.

i think it is fair to say that you will feel safer there as well.

Been to both HK and Shenzhen multiple times. Each is good in their own way.

Just check out the air fair, whichever is cheaper go to that location. HK and Shenzhen is like Singapore and JB, very near only. From Shenzhen, go to Luohu for shopping then pop by into HK lor.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

Quote Originally Posted by parampita View Post
    Been to both HK and Shenzhen multiple times. Each is good in their own way.

Just check out the air fair, whichever is cheaper go to that location. HK and Shenzhen is like Singapore and JB, very near only. From Shenzhen, go to Luohu for shopping then pop by into HK lor.
    Because my gf is using her free tix and i'm accompanying her.. Her destination covers Shenzhen but not HK.. so ideally we would like to just shop and eat in Shenzhen.. if HK is not too much of a difference in terms of the things we want to buy, then we can save the time traveling to/fro HK.

Shenzhen is dirt cheap. A lot of the "bargains" in HK come from Shenzhen.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

I know you guys have been there and back already but this is for others who are headed to HK..... and contemplating a trip over to shenzhen for shopping

If you do not support imitation/counterfeit goods... then AVOID Lowu Shopping Center that is attached to the HK/China border crossing immigration area..... real locals also mostly avoid this place unless they are specifically targetting counterfeit stuff

Out of China immigration, there are signs that point to the underground subway/metro.... very modern (less than 3 years old i believe).... a mere 2rmb to 5rmb is ticket price so its extremely cheap.... plus HUGE numbers of stops

Map and information on the Shenzhen Metro (Subway) is here and others if you google
    Shenzhen_Metro

Guo Mao Station (World Trade Centre) For shopping of higher end local china brands take the subway to Guo Mao Station... it is a huge shopping mall with both local and international brands

Hui Zhang Zong Xin (Exhibition Center) Station Is about 3 times larger than Singapore Expo and every weekend SURE got alot of exhibitions and factory sales going on there

Hua Qiang Lu Station Essentially a giant district where they sell mostly local women's fashion and chinese electronics (what a perfect mix) .... walk to the center of the action and ask for directions to Hua Qiang Bei area . Always love going there to check out the weird electronics they have

Lao Jie Station (Old Street) This station is in the Dongmen district where the centerpiece is Bu Xin Jie (pedestrian streets where vehicles are prohibited) and about 3 soccer fields in size with loads of local fashion. Also there is a big Uniqlo outlet here at Sunshine Plaza (Tai Yang Guang Chang) ..... u will see many people from HK flocking to this outlet
    Last edited by ed9119; 25th March 2010 at 09:22 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Moral of the story: when going HK, bring ed9119 along

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    I know you guys have been there and back already but this is for others who are headed to HK..... and contemplating a trip over to shenzhen for shopping

If you do not support imitation/counterfeit goods... then AVOID Lowu Shopping Center that is attached to the HK/China border crossing immigration area..... real locals also mostly avoid this place unless they are specifically targetting counterfeit stuff

Out of China immigration, there are signs that point to the underground subway/metro.... very modern (less than 3 years old i believe).... a mere 2rmb to 5rmb is ticket price so its extremely cheap.... plus HUGE numbers of stops

Map and information on the Shenzhen Metro (Subway) is here and others if you google
    Shenzhen_Metro

Guo Mao Station (World Trade Centre) For shopping of higher end local china brands take the subway to Guo Mao Station... it is a huge shopping mall with both local and international brands

Hui Zhang Zong Xin (Exhibition Center) Station Is about 3 times larger than Singapore Expo and every weekend SURE got alot of exhibitions and factory sales going on there

Hua Qiang Lu Station Essentially a giant district where they sell mostly local women's fashion and chinese electronics (what a perfect mix) .... walk to the center of the action and ask for directions to Hua Qiang Bei area . Always love going there to check out the weird electronics they have

Lao Jie Station (Old Street) This station is in the Dongmen district where the centerpiece is Bu Xin Jie (pedestrian streets where vehicles are prohibited) and about 3 soccer fields in size with loads of local fashion. Also there is a big Uniqlo outlet here at Sunshine Plaza (Tai Yang Guang Chang) ..... u will see many people from HK flocking to this outlet
    wow, you know there well!
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

of course shenzhen is better if you are going there to shop for ladies...

hongkong is just full of shops for the ladies to buy stuff.

but shenzhen...the ladies are there for you to shop!

hahahaha so punny
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

I thought most Singaporeans go to Vietnam to shop for ladies? No?