Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR III (Spoiler Alert?)

Cool LOTR III (Spoiler Alert?)

Watched the much anticipated sequel yesterday and I can't help to say that the ending was fittingly perfect!

Great story-telling! Now I eagerly awaits the release of the LOTR (Extended Version) DVD Box Set (?). Hopefully it won't be another year!

Yes yes. Loved it tho we all know how it ends. Wonderful to watch it executed on the silver screen. All the important parts of the story were there and it's great they didn't end it hastily. But there was hardly any time enough to focus on the characters. And the siege of Gondor was much longer in the book. Am I giving away too much??
    Last edited by hewmf; 18th December 2003 at 08:29 AM.

Heh...given that the book has been around for so many years I doubt you can give "spoilers" even if you wanted to hehe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveHart
    Heh...given that the book has been around for so many years I doubt you can give "spoilers" even if you wanted to hehe
    Not everyone has read the book...

furthermore the film is an adaptation and there are plot changes

yup yup loved it too!!!
    i watched the trilogy... damn... the exxtended version of first 2 parts is so not longer than the ones i watched b4..

GOOD MOVIE!!!! 5 STARS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BraveHart
    well, we can spoil it for u. tell u whats NOT gonna happen.

how many orcs died in the battle?

Default Rotk

Liked about this film:
    1) The city of Minas Tirith was a spectacle, very well designed. (must watch again)
    2) Battle scenes were overwhelmingly good.

Disliked about this film:
    1) I was expecting the demise of saruman to be included Seems like a lose end there. Heard a major showdown scene between Gandalf and Saruman was deleted?
    2) Feel the film is abit rushed.....The first two extended versions were better.
    3) Would have liked the ending to show the final destination of ships leaving middle earth.

I Give 4 stars
    Last edited by Vilya; 19th December 2003 at 06:23 AM.

Everything was great except that pathetic "peace" speech by Aragorn when he was crowned King. He looked like he had to vomit the words out.

I just watched it yesterday and 1 word..

SPECTACULAR...........................

"I am no man..." That was a bit corny.

Yup yup! I enjoyed the show even though I read the books a few
    times. Only thing is that I find the last part draggy as the mini-
    stories have been deleted... like the death of Saruman or the
    battle in the Shire!

Looks like Sam never get to see his Shire burning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilya
    Liked about this film:
    1) The city of Minas Tirith was a spectacle, very well designed. (must watch again)
    2) Battle scenes were overwhelmingly good.

Disliked about this film:
    1) I was expecting the demise of saruman to be included Seems like a lose end there. Heard a major showdown scene between Gandalf and Saruman was deleted?
    2) Feel the film is abit rushed.....The first two extended versions were better.
    3) Would have liked the ending to show the final destination of ships leaving middle earth.

I Give 4 stars

Never read the book before. (No way I can finish a book with no pictures ). However, heard that saruman will appear again, in the shire, when the 4 hobbits return? No?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    Watched the much anticipated sequel yesterday and I can't help to say that the ending was fittingly perfect!

Great story-telling! Now I eagerly awaits the release of the LOTR (Extended Version) DVD Box Set (?). Hopefully it won't be another year!

Wait for the Trilogy Limited Gift Special Extended Premium Collectors Edition.

Hmm...notable omissions downfall of Saruman and wormtongue, the seeds of love between Eowyn and Faramir and the final battle in Mordor was just a little bit short...looked more like a minor scuffle.

Battle for shire was thankfully omitted...that would have required an additional full length movie.

Anyone else noticed that their horses disappeared in the final Black Gate battle scene ? They approach the black gate riding on their horses. But in the later scene when Aragon says "This is for Frodo", all their horses are gone. I'm guessing the horses ran away when the 'Mouth of Sauron' appears. That scene got cut in the movie but is going to be there in the extended DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Hmm...notable omissions downfall of Saruman and wormtongue, the seeds of love between Eowyn and Faramir and the final battle in Mordor was just a little bit short...looked more like a minor scuffle.

Battle for shire was thankfully omitted...that would have required an additional full length movie.

Lotr 4 - Return of the Hobbits?

heh heh heh.... going to order from US the SE version of LOTR: TROTK.. going to be a specticle when you get to blast the Battle of Minas Tirith on THX Surround sounds

Critiques about the film:
    1) too rush (pace is not as well as the previous 2)
    2) the peace era alittle to whimsical and draggy... somehow I would like to know what ever happen to Saruman (still trapped in the tower with the Eiks watching over huh)

Default Missing Sub-Plots

Would those that have read the book, mention what went missing in the film? Would it take another full-lengh movie to deliver them?

TROTK... i just misread as TEROK...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast