Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Core 2 and Xeon ... what's difference

Default Re: Core 2 and Xeon ... what's difference

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Then how about AMD?
    lol... dun want to start AMD vs. Intel war... Both have their pros and cons.

Xeons are the server processors that can take higher/longer temp. other then that, the new technology doesn't make any difference with the dualcore and the windows OS that we are using. (server or higher os will make use of it)

BTW as one of our bro suggested get the iCore7, which is recommended and can overclock much higher then current quad/dual/xeon core.

*i'm using Xeon quadcore overclocked with stock heatsink fan and when i read about the new iCore 7 that can do even more, which makes me tempted.

Never know that Xeon and Core2 are using the same motherboard....I tot they are different in socket?

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6 View Post
    Xeons are the server processors that can take higher/longer temp. other then that, the new technology doesn't make any difference with the dualcore and the windows OS that we are using. (server or higher os will make use of it)

BTW as one of our bro suggested get the iCore7, which is recommended and can overclock much higher then current quad/dual/xeon core.

*i'm using Xeon quadcore overclocked with stock heatsink fan and when i read about the new iCore 7 that can do even more, which makes me tempted.
    To save cost, I always use AMD instead.

Server environment requires a processor that can handle multitasking and multiple data exchange so xeon processor should have a higher L2 cache. Its just like random access memory but within the processor itself. Performance wise server computers are usually not as fast as a PC custom build or designed for personal, gaming or multmedia graphics intensive applications.

http://The Xeon CPUs generally have ... capabilities.

There was a time several years back when AMD was the cost effective option for processors but since the core2 introduction and Intel's massive surge in producing a newer better core architecture the tide of battle turned in their favor for quite some time now. Well those who sticked with AMD and their system still served them switching over to Intel will only see improvements in performance instead of that much impact on cost.
    Last edited by liarliar; 6th August 2009 at 03:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12