Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the first owner of a Clik Elite bag in Singapore?

Default Re: Am I the first owner of a Clik Elite bag in Singapore?

Lowepro Dryzone packs can do it as well, but they're really quite overpriced IMO

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    *sour grapes*

SHOW OFF!

*sour grapes*

seriously this has always been what I'm looking for. a backpack style camera bag that allows me to put a reservoir/bladder in it without any concerns of it occupying the same place as my cameras.

think I may have to buy it online. oh well.
    I know what you mean man! Being able to squeeze in a 2.5L reservoir and still be able to carry all my stuff was awesome. Please hold first before you buy... The distributor I bought it from has an office in SG, maybe can arrange something when stock on his side arrives sometime in August?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Lowepro Dryzone packs can do it as well, but they're really quite overpriced IMO
    Dryzone packs are a little too overpriced and I don't feel their compartments are made for the hiker. The pockets around the Clik Elite bag is very easy to get to, and are quite spacious. Heck, even the rain cover is unobtrusive with its own compartment at the bottom.

Just to mention, another reason why I bought the Clik Elite was because there's no other system that is well partitioned for cameras and hiking stuff. I wanted a backpack that could hold just 1 DSLR with 2 lens and a flash, and more space for my hiking needs, but most backpacks were a little too stingy on the personal compartment, while the bigger ones were mostly dedicated to carrying like 8-9 lenses which I do not need. When I went to HK to visit the Manda-HK office, I fell in love with the bag immediately. The ability to fit in a hydration reservoir just made the deal even sweeter. My friend who has zero intention to buy any bags at the store, got caught in the looks of the Clik Elite Compact Sports bag. So much for being more resilent to bags.

I quite like the ability to hook a chest pack to the straps. That would solve the requirement for a quick access slot quite nicely. Could you check to see what other attachment points are there on the bag? Specifically, is there any other spot to attach the chest pack to other than the two main straps?

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    Judging from the oily surface, did it last at least 5 years and you never washed?
    Wah.. u mean u can tell that the bag is oily from the picture?!?! U ish powderful!
    D200

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    I quite like the ability to hook a chest pack to the straps. That would solve the requirement for a quick access slot quite nicely. Could you check to see what other attachment points are there on the bag? Specifically, is there any other spot to attach the chest pack to other than the two main straps?
    Nope, there aren't any others. The only attachment points are the one on the strap itself after inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    Wah.. u mean u can tell that the bag is oily from the picture?!?! U ish powderful!
    Haha, my bag is not oily, I have no idea why he see it as oily...

Pity but still worth a look if they ever get a dealer in Singapore.

can you show the inside of the bag... you're making me jealous lol.

Quote Originally Posted by waderbreak View Post
    can you show the inside of the bag... you're making me jealous lol.
    Will do it over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Well, I have yet to see any photography hiking bag with a dedicated pouch for a reservoir, so I feel it's worth the price. It's sturdy, comes with a raincover, and looks great. No complaints on the price after I've used it.
    How about this?

http://www.m-rock.com/mckinely-rolle...amera-bag.html

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfoot17 View Post
    Don't see a dedicated compartment for storing your things that is separated from the camera compartment? Also no dedicated water pouch? Not my type of bag.

Wow perfect for the cycling trips man.. Cool stuff!

i'll never understand why people waste money buying camera backpack.
    i have six arc'teryx backpacks for all my travelling hiking backpacking needs.
    they either waterproof or weatherproof, all are comfortable with hydration bladder pockets, to say the least.

cameras, lenses and accessories are safely wrapped inside, in ziplock bags and soft pouches, if i worry too much the weather might fogg up my lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by MashiMaro View Post

they either waterproof or weatherproof, all are comfortable with hydration bladder pockets, to say the least.

cameras, lenses and accessories are safely wrapped inside, in ziplock bags and soft pouches, if i worry too much the weather might fogg up my lenses.

Different priorities I guess? I don't like the idea of mixing my gear up with everything else, and having the hassle of ziplocing individual lenses and all. Since you own arc'teryx backpacks you probably don't have an issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Don't see a dedicated compartment for storing your things that is separated from the camera compartment? Also no dedicated water pouch? Not my type of bag.
    Did you click on 'All the features' at the bottom of the page? Water pouch is sold separately as another M-rock item.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfoot17 View Post
    Did you click on 'All the features' at the bottom of the page? Water pouch is sold separately as another M-rock item.
    Ah okay, didn't notice that. Doesn't look like my style of bag though.

nice bag ~
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by MashiMaro View Post

my interest in a camera backpack is not merely for travel purposes, but for normal shooting purposes as well. I get dehydrated very easily, and as such I always prefer to have an easily accessible water supply. while a travelling backpack would serve its purpose, it's going to be an overkill in terms of size.
    chicken fight!

saw this in HK earlier this year.
    overall looks like a really gd idea.
    only mis-giving i had was of the zipper and the padding on the shoulders, bit lacking i felt.
    and o yah, i had this camelpak burst on me during NS missions days... so am really bit skeptical putting a bladder and a camera together.

Quote Originally Posted by tribal.snake View Post
    saw this in HK earlier this year.
    overall looks like a really gd idea.
    only mis-giving i had was of the zipper and the padding on the shoulders, bit lacking i felt.
    and o yah, i had this camelpak burst on me during NS missions days... so am really bit skeptical putting a bladder and a camera together.
    Well, I was assured that the camera and personal compartment are separated, meaning water can't seep through into the camera compartment, which is the main reason why I bought this. I think that should give you some comfort if you are ever considering the Clik-Elite bags.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast