Thread: Problem with CF card

Default Problem with CF card

Hi,

I have encountered several problems with my CF cards before, but they've always been solved by formatting the card (either in the camera or the computer).

However, this time, I inserted my card into my D70s and it showed 'FOR'. I tried to format the card with the camera once, but the sign still remained. So I put it into my card reader. On the computer, it displayed 'the card has not been formatted', and subsequently prompted me to do so. The computer formatted the card, but when I put the card back into the camera, it still displayed 'FOR'.

I tried to format the card on the camera again, but this time the green light kept on for a very long time (around 3 minutes). However, it still showed 'FOR'. I've tried to take out the card and put it back in again, and sometimes it shows 'CHA', but usually 'FOR'.

What should I do? It's a Sandisk Ultra II 4GB and usually has no problems on my D70s.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with CF card

Try on another card. If the problem persist on all other cards, then it is likely to be the camera and not the cards.

camera work well with my other cards - only this card doesnt work.

tried cleaning the contacts, but it doesnt seem to help

thanks
    Last edited by 2.8photography; 1st August 2009 at 10:40 AM.

Then either go back to the vendor for 1-1 exchange if it carries "limited life time warranty" or buy a new one since this one apparently is dead. And, you really don't want to risk the images getting corrupted on any of your important events.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

I agree.

Try testing the card out on the com

And then insert another card into the camera

If it still persist, of maybe your camera that's causing the problem
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Then either go back to the vendor for 1-1 exchange if it carries "limited life time warranty" or buy a new one since this one apparently is dead. And, you really don't want to risk the images getting corrupted on any of your important events.
    i have the bad habit of throwing away receipts and warranties for things i buy (except lenses/cameras/flashes) so i suppose i wont be able to get an exchange right?

is there any way of 'saving' the card?