Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It is confirmed: Jet Li is now a S'porean citizen

Default Re: It is confirmed: Jet Li is now a S'porean citizen

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yea, I find Singaporeans are always the ones getting shortchanged. Defend the country for other people to come and stay here. and get citizenship some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Totally agree.
    This is an understatement lah.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    But Jet is different from most I guess. He come and set up some charitable foundation leh.
    And how does this make him different?
    Find me one big star that does not have some 'charity foundation'? It's part of their job lah... need to wayang this kind...
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Default Re: It is confirmed: Jet Li is now a S'porean citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    There is not chance to prove SAF efficiency.
    Thats why SAF is so efficient- the deterrence works

But seriously, its great that we are attracting world class talents. Its just that I wish they can contribute to Singapore more. It would be great if Jet can act in our TCS dramas and give it that... you know... Hollywood style flavour. Then we can really export our industries and products world wide.

Right now they are more like "parkers" - park their wealth here, enjoy the tax breaks. Then scoot off to Hollywood or Hong Kong to make their films. Not exactly contributing to our local industry. Except for the property agent. And maybe Bukit Timah Cold Storage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123