Thread: Softener filter

Default Softener filter

Was browsing for a softener filter on Hoya website. There is this softener A and softener B, what is the diffrerence between them? And will a softener filter fools the camera's AF system such that it cannot focus anymore?

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question but why would you need a softener if you are using a Sony 707? Can't you easily post process with digital images?

im using softener A. when i bought it, i asked for the one one with the weakestssoftening effect ===> softener A. as for B, i presumed that the softening effect is more significant.

cokin softener pales in comparison. the effect is not natural at all. from wat i've heard, nikon has got real nice softeners of diff softening grades but are expensive though.

im using it with AF cam as well as MF. AF works rather normally. no complaints yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_kiwi
    im using softener A. when i bought it, i asked for the one one with the weakestssoftening effect ===> softener A. as for B, i presumed that the softening effect is more significant.

cokin softener pales in comparison. the effect is not natural at all. from wat i've heard, nikon has got real nice softeners of diff softening grades but are expensive though.

im using it with AF cam as well as MF. AF works rather normally. no complaints yet.

Hi there,
    It make no different whether which soften lens you use.It just make your images more softening.Actually,you don't have to get them anyway.You can send it any photo shop to soften your pic.

try to use Tiffen brands, go for soft/FX 3 or 2

Default Softener filter

My advise is save up your money and use photoshop to do it. Photoshop has more control over it. If you use softerner A or B you cannot revert back to normal after taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by lsl03
    My advise is save up your money and use photoshop to do it. Photoshop has more control over it. If you use softerner A or B you cannot revert back to normal after taken it.

Hi there,
    I do agree with lsl03.Please do save up your money better than you getting all this filter.All the photo shop can do your image by softening by machine.

IC... thanks for all the advice. k, think i will not go and get it. Initially i was thinking of using it to shoot some portrait shots of a wedding event. and i have to show it the very night, do not really have time to use PS. But then i can jus use the normal ones will do.