Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto shooting and skill

Default Re: Auto shooting and skill

Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    I think #3 should be Understanding Lighting and Colour.
    Yes. Must learn this.

In actual fact I'll suggest you take lots and lots of photos (i.e. with eyes open). The more pictures you take, the better you become.

Shoot from new or different angles, and find new subjects to take. You can even make the most boring thing look amazing if you're creative enough.

Get to know your camera's limitations; how well it performs in different kinds of lighting, how close you can focus, how to freeze a moving object etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    Yes. Must learn this.
    Hey, LBL2009. I think of so many Newbie postings you are the luckiest one because all the experienced senior members and the gentle and helpful members are here to give you so much tips that you can't sleep for three whole nights! Now you can still bring back whole note book of notes, some more!
    Other Newbies - first word out, shhhhhhhheeeeewwwwwww----BANG! Kena shoot by Senior Member until don't even know where his pants is!
    I think it must be the magic of Saturday night lah. Saturday night all Sernior Members, Staff Seargent, Senior Staff Seargent, WarrenOfficers all relax and enjoy and have a few jugs of beers and all loosened out lor...

Actually I think that Photoshop do help you in improving your skills in Photography.

Here's my point.
    1. Cropping. Take a picture that is wider than what you want. Then bring to Photoshop to crop the image. Now here's the deal. In the Photoshop, study what is the best way to crop the picture to best bring out your picture. What are the elements that may help bring out/ distract the pictures. Look at what are the things to look out for in the field. Subsequently, when you are shooting in the field, bear in mind and look out for these elements to help bring out your pictures. Try different perspective as well and see how different perspectives help to bring out the pictures. From there you can improve your skills.

2. Retouching. How much retouching do you need to do in a picture? Is the picture so horrible that it is beyond repair? Why so? From there you can learn what are the good pictures and what are the bad pictures. From there, try to avoid these pictures that are beyond hope. Suppose you find that the background elements are distracting, and you need to use Gaussian blur to bring out your subject, next time when you compose a similar picture, use a larger aperture to blur the background.

And the list goes on. The idea is don't let Photoshop control you. Let it help you to learn. As mentioned by so many earlier, there's nothing that beats a good picture to start with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12