Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 975

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    09.15: Word from Spain now, and Madrid paper AS is reporting that Real Madrid are offering Liverpool a veritable buffet of their cast-offs to try and grease the wheels of the Xabi Alonso deal.

    The paper claims Liverpool will have the choice of Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Alvaro Negredo or Rafael van der Vaart to bridge the gap of 10million Euros that still exists between the valuations of both parties of Alonso.

    And AS reckons Liverpool will be keen, suggesting that Negredo or Huntelaar would be the preferred ones, with Rafa looking for a striking buddy for Fernando Torres.



    Interesting... i don't mind getting Huntelaar and RVDV... Hunterlaar can be a partner for Torres... iirc he's quite a tall striker and we do need some height in our team. RVDV can be deployed as winger or AM (backup for Gerrard).

  2. #82
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianna102 View Post
    Hello this is brianna visiting first time to this site and need to join this for continue these discussions.I really like all the contents present on this site.

    --------------

    brianna

    best cabbage soup diet
    welcome...hope u enjoy your stay,i know many manure fans enjoy their stay here also...they are our closet fans...

  3. #83
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    09.15: Word from Spain now, and Madrid paper AS is reporting that Real Madrid are offering Liverpool a veritable buffet of their cast-offs to try and grease the wheels of the Xabi Alonso deal.

    The paper claims Liverpool will have the choice of Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Alvaro Negredo or Rafael van der Vaart to bridge the gap of 10million Euros that still exists between the valuations of both parties of Alonso.

    And AS reckons Liverpool will be keen, suggesting that Negredo or Huntelaar would be the preferred ones, with Rafa looking for a striking buddy for Fernando Torres.



    Interesting... i don't mind getting Huntelaar and RVDV... Hunterlaar can be a partner for Torres... iirc he's quite a tall striker and we do need some height in our team. RVDV can be deployed as winger or AM (backup for Gerrard).
    for 10 million euros,take all 3 lah...sell them later,i'm sure they all add up to more than 10 million euros...they are all good players,maybe they cant gell at madrid plus cant sell more shirts...

  4. #84

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    for 10 million euros,take all 3 lah...sell them later,i'm sure they all add up to more than 10 million euros...they are all good players,maybe they cant gell at madrid plus cant sell more shirts...

  5. #85
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    FAS says promoters of Liverpool match breached contract by playing anthem
    By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 31 July 2009 1617 hrs

    SINGAPORE: The promoters of Liverpool FC's tour to Singapore could be in trouble due to a breach of contract with Singapore's Football Association (FAS).

    After several queries from members of the public, the FAS finally clarified its stand on the issue of the National Anthem at last Sunday's game.

    Close to 50,000 fans showed up to watch the Singapore Lions take on English giants Liverpool FC.

    Prior to the friendly match, the match promoters from Profitable Group, together with the FAS, had agreed that Singapore's national anthem and the Liverpool club "anthem", would not be played as part of the official pre-match ceremony.

    However, that agreement was broken when the Liverpool anthem was played, following the announcement that the Guest of Honour, Singapore's President SR Nathan, was about to inspect both teams on the field.

    The FAS said it is shocked and disappointed with the breach of agreement by the match promoters.

    Deputy General Secretary of the FAS, P Sivakumar, added that the promoters could find themselves in trouble due to other issues, not revealed at press time, as well.

    - CNA/yb

  6. #86
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    FAS says promoters of Liverpool match breached contract by playing anthem
    By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 31 July 2009 1617 hrs

    SINGAPORE: The promoters of Liverpool FC's tour to Singapore could be in trouble due to a breach of contract with Singapore's Football Association (FAS).

    After several queries from members of the public, the FAS finally clarified its stand on the issue of the National Anthem at last Sunday's game.

    Close to 50,000 fans showed up to watch the Singapore Lions take on English giants Liverpool FC.

    Prior to the friendly match, the match promoters from Profitable Group, together with the FAS, had agreed that Singapore's national anthem and the Liverpool club "anthem", would not be played as part of the official pre-match ceremony.

    However, that agreement was broken when the Liverpool anthem was played, following the announcement that the Guest of Honour, Singapore's President SR Nathan, was about to inspect both teams on the field.

    The FAS said it is shocked and disappointed with the breach of agreement by the match promoters.

    Deputy General Secretary of the FAS, P Sivakumar, added that the promoters could find themselves in trouble due to other issues, not revealed at press time, as well.

    - CNA/yb
    Lions lose 5-0 if they won over Reds i think the story will be differ from this
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  7. #87
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    wonder why the FAS soo sore over the anthem. lol

    You never walk alone is not a national or country anthem anyway. They are comparing apple and orange.

  8. #88
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    FAS says promoters of Liverpool match breached contract by playing anthem
    By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 31 July 2009 1617 hrs

    SINGAPORE: The promoters of Liverpool FC's tour to Singapore could be in trouble due to a breach of contract with Singapore's Football Association (FAS).

    After several queries from members of the public, the FAS finally clarified its stand on the issue of the National Anthem at last Sunday's game.

    Close to 50,000 fans showed up to watch the Singapore Lions take on English giants Liverpool FC.

    Prior to the friendly match, the match promoters from Profitable Group, together with the FAS, had agreed that Singapore's national anthem and the Liverpool club "anthem", would not be played as part of the official pre-match ceremony.

    However, that agreement was broken when the Liverpool anthem was played, following the announcement that the Guest of Honour, Singapore's President SR Nathan, was about to inspect both teams on the field.

    The FAS said it is shocked and disappointed with the breach of agreement by the match promoters.

    Deputy General Secretary of the FAS, P Sivakumar, added that the promoters could find themselves in trouble due to other issues, not revealed at press time, as well.

    - CNA/yb
    Wah lao . lose 5-0 . than play the theme song. FAS want to cry about it ? wah lao , i think they need to grow up lahh.

  9. #89

    Default LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    I am indeed concerned if Alonso and Mascherano left Liverpool. For me, Mascherano is one of the best in breaking up the attacks and hassle the opponent. The only 1 person i rated higher is Viera in his prime. You need to have the vision to anticipate the opponents' moves, the pace, energy and strength to tackle and hassle the player. I don't see anyone in Liverpool side that can step up. Well, maybe someone like Plesiss will step up but i seriously doubt it.

    For Alonso, i actually think he came to Liverpool already a very good player. In fact i think he has lost a little edge in his passing over the last few years. However, that said, he is still the best passer in EPL and cruicial to Liverpool's title challenge. Also, i think he has added toughness, tackling and plays at a faster pace now to make him a more complete player. In the last few years, i think only Xavi can be rated better than Alonso in terms on leading the midfield and spraying all the pin point passes. It is thought that Liverpool may sign David Silva but i don't think it will solve the problem as Silva plays more as a winger.

    There is one signing that i think may work, David Villa. Why should we replace Alonso with Villa as some of you might ask? The reason is simple, we have Steven Gerrard. Gerrard, is the best midfielder in the world. Sure, he may not stroke the ball as smoothly as accurately as Alonso but he has the same vision and is more than capable of making the killer pass. Pushing SG back to a creative midfield role may be good as we can switch to a 442 or diamond formation easily. With Villa, we will finally have a top class striker pairing that will rival any teams, Madrid included. All we need to do is to ensure the passes reaches Villa and Torres.

    I feel that sometimes liverpool plays too much through the middle and backpass alot. With Gerrard driving the team forward from middle, the 2 wings will enjoy a lot more space and Babel, benayoun, kuyt and Riera will have a field day in crossing or cutting in.

    This, i feel is the way liverpool should go as we should play 2 out and out strikers, especially against weaker opponents.
    I agree whole heartedly, 4-4-2 is strong enough to handle any team.
    Only worry when Beni go gila and start to change players here n there ... faint....

  10. #90
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    Lions lose 5-0 if they won over Reds i think the story will be differ from this
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    wonder why the FAS soo sore over the anthem. lol

    You never walk alone is not a national or country anthem anyway. They are comparing apple and orange.
    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Wah lao . lose 5-0 . than play the theme song. FAS want to cry about it ? wah lao , i think they need to grow up lahh.
    they are manure fans..aka,closet fans...what is a LFC game without the YNWA theme song? are they ok or not?

  11. #91
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    they are manure fans..aka,closet fans...what is a LFC game without the YNWA theme song? are they ok or not?
    they want a silent KOP STAND. This is their plot anyway.

  12. #92
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    I'm not sure when will the Liverpool team comes to Singapore again, this small thing like a song also becomes an issue.

  13. #93
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I'm not sure when will the Liverpool team comes to Singapore again, this small thing like a song also becomes an issue.
    Please lor SG LIONS ARE JUST BEING PATHETIC LOSERS
    read the papers? they say why are singaporean not supporting their own nation ? wah lao i pay $88 not to watch stupid lions play kampong soccer. if they know they going get trash by english giants why still bother having a pre-season friendly if singapore players really want face. and also not to ... Read Moreforget our BLOODY FAS singapore team 85% are all foreign talent. well and also singapore complain that why singaporean turned kallang stadium into Anfield ( liverpool home ground) ? we didnt say anything , blame that bloody MCee JAMIE YEO ( Arsenal Fan) that she commented that last sunday will be Liverpool's Anfield for the day . and here SPH reported that we turn it into anfield. WTH! If i were to watch our " Lions " play, i would rather stay at home and watch or maybe not, better go and sleep cause they played like crap.

  14. #94
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    they want a silent KOP STAND. This is their plot anyway.
    since when LFC fans silent? we sing cheer support our team,stay till the end win lose draw...tell that to manure fans...LOL

  15. #95
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    since when LFC fans silent? we sing cheer support our team,stay till the end win lose draw...tell that to manure fans...LOL
    they failed big time. Hahaaha. FAS jealous with our singing YNWA and the giant flooding banner.

  16. #96

    Default LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    wonder why the FAS soo sore over the anthem. lol

    You never walk alone is not a national or country anthem anyway. They are comparing apple and orange.


    The term anthem means either a specific form of Anglican church music (in music theory and religious contexts), or more generally, a song (or composition) of celebration, usually acting as a symbol for a distinct group of people, as in the term "national anthem" or "sports anthem". quoted from Wikipedia.

    YNWA is therefore a "sports anthem"
    FAS sore because they don have 1 themselves?

  17. #97
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I'm not sure when will the Liverpool team comes to Singapore again, this small thing like a song also becomes an issue.
    they make noise maybe bcoz they cant sell many 'lion'shirt during that game...madrid style...LOL...so must take action to recover the loss...

  18. #98

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    cool it guys.

    We love LFC, but we are still Singaporeans.
    There is a breach of contract (so says FAS), full stop. We do not need discussion and interpretation of the law here.

    There must be a reason why the anthems were not supposed to be played. The President was present, there are protocols involved.

    Not supporting the national team is one thing, not respecting your own country/head of state/law is another.

    If you are not proud to be a Singaporean, migrate to Anfield.

  19. #99
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Chen View Post
    The term anthem means either a specific form of Anglican church music (in music theory and religious contexts), or more generally, a song (or composition) of celebration, usually acting as a symbol for a distinct group of people, as in the term "national anthem" or "sports anthem". quoted from Wikipedia.

    YNWA is therefore a "sports anthem"
    FAS sore because they don have 1 themselves?
    they can use manure's anthem lah...but they chose not to coz that will make LFC fired-up & the scoreline wont be only 5-0 liao...LOL...

  20. #100
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    cool it guys.

    We love LFC, but we are still Singaporeans.
    There is a breach of contract (so says FAS), full stop. We do not need discussion and interpretation of the law here.

    There must be a reason why the anthems were not supposed to be played. The President was present, there are protocols involved.

    Not supporting the national team is one thing, not respecting your own country/head of state/law is another.

    If you are not proud to be a Singaporean, migrate to Anfield.
    very tempting... LOL maybe can have dual nationality..Liverpudrean?

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •