Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Goodbye Alonso, and thank you for the memories Hope you manage to sell more t-shirts than those projected, else, you will be begging to come back like a certain owen.. And then Rafa sure show you the door, like to a certain Owen (twice for good measure!)..

-- Marios
    alonso will be a good player at madrid who couldnt sell many shirts but he can be a great player with LFC & surely sells many shirts but he chose the other way,its his choice...please leave & bring us the $$$

LFC will get a replacement surely..just like alonso when he 1st arrived,an unknown...his replacement can be bigger than alonso...hopefully

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

They are getting some Roma's player as replacement??

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    alonso will be a good player at madrid who couldnt sell many shirts but he can be a great player with LFC & surely sells many shirts but he chose the other way,its his choice...please leave & bring us the $$$

LFC will get a replacement surely..just like alonso when he 1st arrived,an unknown...his replacement can be bigger than alonso...hopefully
    good to hear from you. All our EPL title hopes depend on you liao.

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    They are getting some Roma's player as replacement??
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    good to hear from you. All our EPL title hopes depend on you liao.
    i'm sure whoever comes will do good... must have confident...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    They preparing to field 20 players mah 4-8-8 !

they have some players doing olympic diving, some acting, some arguing with referee, some to con referee and some selling shirts

so talented

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    i'm sure whoever comes will do good... must have confident...
    confidence is F9 once alonso goes.

there goes our title hope.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    they have some players doing olympic diving, some acting, some arguing with referee, some to con referee and some selling shirts

so talented
    tat is manCircle utd, right> ?

Alonso leaving.. Masch rumoured to be "fed-up"..
    we are not looking at good news at the start of the season.

No midfield power. We are not in a healthy position.

I am indeed concerned if Alonso and Mascherano left Liverpool. For me, Mascherano is one of the best in breaking up the attacks and hassle the opponent. The only 1 person i rated higher is Viera in his prime. You need to have the vision to anticipate the opponents' moves, the pace, energy and strength to tackle and hassle the player. I don't see anyone in Liverpool side that can step up. Well, maybe someone like Plesiss will step up but i seriously doubt it.

For Alonso, i actually think he came to Liverpool already a very good player. In fact i think he has lost a little edge in his passing over the last few years. However, that said, he is still the best passer in EPL and cruicial to Liverpool's title challenge. Also, i think he has added toughness, tackling and plays at a faster pace now to make him a more complete player. In the last few years, i think only Xavi can be rated better than Alonso in terms on leading the midfield and spraying all the pin point passes. It is thought that Liverpool may sign David Silva but i don't think it will solve the problem as Silva plays more as a winger.

There is one signing that i think may work, David Villa. Why should we replace Alonso with Villa as some of you might ask? The reason is simple, we have Steven Gerrard. Gerrard, is the best midfielder in the world. Sure, he may not stroke the ball as smoothly as accurately as Alonso but he has the same vision and is more than capable of making the killer pass. Pushing SG back to a creative midfield role may be good as we can switch to a 442 or diamond formation easily. With Villa, we will finally have a top class striker pairing that will rival any teams, Madrid included. All we need to do is to ensure the passes reaches Villa and Torres.

I feel that sometimes liverpool plays too much through the middle and backpass alot. With Gerrard driving the team forward from middle, the 2 wings will enjoy a lot more space and Babel, benayoun, kuyt and Riera will have a field day in crossing or cutting in.

This, i feel is the way liverpool should go as we should play 2 out and out strikers, especially against weaker opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    tat is manCircle utd, right> ?
    Such rare talents can only be found no other pl in the world except in RM!

so talented
    The refs there will be streched to their limits!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    The refs there will be streched to their limits!
    the refs there i think maybe mostly S1H1

so talented

don't forget more season ticket holders and more match day ticket sales too because there are so called player's fans who just want to watch their idol plays.

what a total business minded. by earning in selling shirt and ticket, that could earn more than the prize $ in winning the league and champion league i reckon.

also don't underestimate the tv rights or something.
    ellen show or letterman or tyra banks can be millionaire richer because of selling the rights.
    so with stars like kaka and cronald they could sell to more because everyone will want to see how the star packed team will be performing. when it's in demand, $ will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    I am indeed concerned if Alonso and Mascherano left Liverpool. For me, Mascherano is one of the best in breaking up the attacks and hassle the opponent. The only 1 person i rated higher is Viera in his prime. You need to have the vision to anticipate the opponents' moves, the pace, energy and strength to tackle and hassle the player. I don't see anyone in Liverpool side that can step up. Well, maybe someone like Plesiss will step up but i seriously doubt it.

For Alonso, i actually think he came to Liverpool already a very good player. In fact i think he has lost a little edge in his passing over the last few years. However, that said, he is still the best passer in EPL and cruicial to Liverpool's title challenge. Also, i think he has added toughness, tackling and plays at a faster pace now to make him a more complete player. In the last few years, i think only Xavi can be rated better than Alonso in terms on leading the midfield and spraying all the pin point passes. It is thought that Liverpool may sign David Silva but i don't think it will solve the problem as Silva plays more as a winger.

There is one signing that i think may work, David Villa. Why should we replace Alonso with Villa as some of you might ask? The reason is simple, we have Steven Gerrard. Gerrard, is the best midfielder in the world. Sure, he may not stroke the ball as smoothly as accurately as Alonso but he has the same vision and is more than capable of making the killer pass. Pushing SG back to a creative midfield role may be good as we can switch to a 442 or diamond formation easily. With Villa, we will finally have a top class striker pairing that will rival any teams, Madrid included. All we need to do is to ensure the passes reaches Villa and Torres.

I feel that sometimes liverpool plays too much through the middle and backpass alot. With Gerrard driving the team forward from middle, the 2 wings will enjoy a lot more space and Babel, benayoun, kuyt and Riera will have a field day in crossing or cutting in.

This, i feel is the way liverpool should go as we should play 2 out and out strikers, especially against weaker opponents.

add on...

alot of players earn the red card for mistimed challenges on Alonso. yayyy!!!

add on...

haha... i know i will miss his mid-field goal! lol

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    the refs there i think maybe mostly S1H1
    For a min i tot i saw u say the refs there mostly H1N1

confidence is F9 once alonso goes.

there goes our title hope.
    LFC is not about a player named alonso...he can go if he has no heart for LFC

Gerrard can fill his void...

Yossi can partner Torres upfront...problem solve,temporarily...

Rafa still needs to find a replacement...coz we will be thin in that department...

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield_Hero View Post
    Alonso leaving.. Masch rumoured to be "fed-up"..
    we are not looking at good news at the start of the season.

No midfield power. We are not in a healthy position.
    Masch is my biggest worry,not alonso coz we dont have a midfield tough guy,look at arse after viera left...they can play very good football but soft in the middle thus easily bullied.

I do hope masch stays but if he still wants to go,that could be bad but i wont stop a player leaving if he doesnt have the desire to play for us.

I'm sure by now Rafa would have some names as replacements but till the players leave,he cant do anything to get the signings as he wont have the $$$ to buy yet...plus if the player stays,he'll have extra player that he doesnt need.

We'll see who comes & goes...this will be exciting...and interesting

add on...

thats becoz alonso is slow...

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast