Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    we'll be lucky to get a draw at hotcakes liao!
    kittie will score the winner for us!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (39) New Seaon KICK OFF!!

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    kittie will score the winner for us!
    oh sai!! u called dirty kite 'KITTIE'!!

oh no!!! is LFC supporters being invaded by Wine Meat Monks henchmen n sympathisers or even, FOLLOWERS?!

hahahaha

shunzi is THREE-O-TWO?!?!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

IT'S ALL OVER FOR LIVERPOOL - WITHOUT A BALL BEING KICKED...

It's the time of year when you should be dreaming up songs for new signings, dusting off your lucky boxer shorts and picking your fantasy footie team with a big smile on your face.

But if you believe the ex-pros and national newspaper columnists, you needn't bother this year.

Carry on shopping, cutting the grass and painting the fence - because without Xabi Alonso there's no hope of the title coming to Anfield in May.

Now it seems, Liverpool are no longer a two-man team, other Reds players are decent - now they've left, that is.

But if Xabi's suddenly so good he can single-handedly swing a title one way or another - where were the articles hailing him as the world's best?

Where was the praise for Benitez for plucking such a gem from the relative obscurity of Real Sociedad?

Well don't bother exercising your Google searchbar - they're not there.

Not just because it didn't suit certain journos' agendas to write that kind of piece. But also because Alonso had two ordinary seasons before peaking in the last campaign.

With the saga of his sale out the way, a sizeable sum of 30million banked, Rafa Benitez kissing his middle finger in the direction of Madrid and the quickfire signing of Alberto Aquilani, everything should be alright again though, right?

Wrong. He's a crock, we're told. Not in Xabi's class. Too lightweight for the Premier League. And on it goes.

Suddenly, everyone's an expert on Aquilani.

Well I'm not - and I'm not afraid to say it. I've read the background and watched the clips on Youtube. I've heard the Roma players and staff speak favourably about him, not least former Red John Arne Riise.

But I'll judge for myself when Aquilani runs out in red which, unfortunately by the looks of things, won't be until October.

Meanwhile, everyone continues to overstate the influence of Alonso.

How far can it go? It's like when Kevin Keegan left, Kenny Dalglish retired or Ian Rush headed for Italy?

Even better. How about that Liverpool's title challenge is over before a ball is kicked because of the sale of Alonso?

I'm exaggerating though, right? No-one could write off a club that finished four points shy of the title. A side that won home and away against the Champions and Chelsea. And all this despite not having the best striker in the world available for a large chunk of the season.

They could you know.

According to Daily Mail columnist Martin Samuel, by selling a player who was desperate to leave for an inflated fee and immediately replacing him with a highly-rated Italian, the Reds have: "put a stick of dynamite under their title aspirations again".

And once one 'expert' reels out this unsubstantiated drivel, they all follow suit. It's like a huge snowball - only this one is a browner shade of white.

I've been away on holiday for a week. And in the matter of hours since I've been back I've watched Ray Parlour and Andy Townsend write us off because Alonso's left.

Then I read a few season previews - everyone trotting out the same old line that Liverpool have been severely weakened by his departure and can't possibly push for the title.

It seems Rafa Benitez can't do anything right - while Alex Ferguson never does any wrong.
    Glen Johnson is the England right back, Portsmouth's player of the year and could have
    gone back to Chelsea.

But he's too dear.

And there's no point in having a decent right back because there's no decent left wingers in the Premier League (according to Paul Merson).

On the other hand, it's a stroke of genius to sell arguably the world's best player in Cristiano Ronaldo (in his peak) and replace him with Michael Owen (definitely not in his).

Sometimes I despair, I really do.

But then I remember I've got some boxer shorts to dust.

Anyone got any Aqualani songs?!

http://robbohuyton.blogspot.com/2009...hout-ball.html

the author is bro CC in disguise issit?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    IT'S ALL OVER FOR LIVERPOOL - WITHOUT A BALL BEING KICKED...

It's the time of year when you should be dreaming up songs for new signings, dusting off your lucky boxer shorts and picking your fantasy footie team with a big smile on your face.

But if you believe the ex-pros and national newspaper columnists, you needn't bother this year.

Carry on shopping, cutting the grass and painting the fence - because without Xabi Alonso there's no hope of the title coming to Anfield in May.

Now it seems, Liverpool are no longer a two-man team, other Reds players are decent - now they've left, that is.

But if Xabi's suddenly so good he can single-handedly swing a title one way or another - where were the articles hailing him as the world's best?

Where was the praise for Benitez for plucking such a gem from the relative obscurity of Real Sociedad?

Well don't bother exercising your Google searchbar - they're not there.

Not just because it didn't suit certain journos' agendas to write that kind of piece. But also because Alonso had two ordinary seasons before peaking in the last campaign.

With the saga of his sale out the way, a sizeable sum of 30million banked, Rafa Benitez kissing his middle finger in the direction of Madrid and the quickfire signing of Alberto Aquilani, everything should be alright again though, right?

Wrong. He's a crock, we're told. Not in Xabi's class. Too lightweight for the Premier League. And on it goes.

Suddenly, everyone's an expert on Aquilani.

Well I'm not - and I'm not afraid to say it. I've read the background and watched the clips on Youtube. I've heard the Roma players and staff speak favourably about him, not least former Red John Arne Riise.

But I'll judge for myself when Aquilani runs out in red which, unfortunately by the looks of things, won't be until October.

Meanwhile, everyone continues to overstate the influence of Alonso.

How far can it go? It's like when Kevin Keegan left, Kenny Dalglish retired or Ian Rush headed for Italy?

Even better. How about that Liverpool's title challenge is over before a ball is kicked because of the sale of Alonso?

I'm exaggerating though, right? No-one could write off a club that finished four points shy of the title. A side that won home and away against the Champions and Chelsea. And all this despite not having the best striker in the world available for a large chunk of the season.

They could you know.

According to Daily Mail columnist Martin Samuel, by selling a player who was desperate to leave for an inflated fee and immediately replacing him with a highly-rated Italian, the Reds have: "put a stick of dynamite under their title aspirations again".

And once one 'expert' reels out this unsubstantiated drivel, they all follow suit. It's like a huge snowball - only this one is a browner shade of white.

I've been away on holiday for a week. And in the matter of hours since I've been back I've watched Ray Parlour and Andy Townsend write us off because Alonso's left.

Then I read a few season previews - everyone trotting out the same old line that Liverpool have been severely weakened by his departure and can't possibly push for the title.

It seems Rafa Benitez can't do anything right - while Alex Ferguson never does any wrong.
    Glen Johnson is the England right back, Portsmouth's player of the year and could have
    gone back to Chelsea.

But he's too dear.

And there's no point in having a decent right back because there's no decent left wingers in the Premier League (according to Paul Merson).

On the other hand, it's a stroke of genius to sell arguably the world's best player in Cristiano Ronaldo (in his peak) and replace him with Michael Owen (definitely not in his).

Sometimes I despair, I really do.

But then I remember I've got some boxer shorts to dust.

Anyone got any Aqualani songs?!

http://robbohuyton.blogspot.com/2009...hout-ball.html

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    the author is bro CC in disguise issit?
    i m not that optimistic anymore la.

2 years ago, YES!

now, no.

after alonso left, even lagi jiaklat!

after reading that lucas insisted that he is the man to replace alonso, i got a heart attack.

18yrs old very weak at heart one ok!

the club will move on with or without alonso. someone will step up and fill in the gap(not lucas) that he left.

and simi 3-o-2..

ya, i understand the new batch of soldiers do not know what is 3-O-2. kekekeke

3-O-2, for us to know and u to find out! hahahahaha

SEASON STARTING LIAO!!!! WOOOOOO!!!

GO LIVERPOOL!!! GOGOGGOOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGO!!!

ya, i understand the new batch of soldiers do not know what is 3-O-2. kekekeke

3-O-2, for us to know and u to find out! hahahahaha

SEASON STARTING LIAO!!!! WOOOOOO!!!

GO LIVERPOOL!!! GOGOGGOOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGO!!!

last time u were 3-0-2 ??

oh sai!! u called dirty kite 'KITTIE'!!

oh no!!! is LFC supporters being invaded by Wine Meat Monks henchmen n sympathisers or even, FOLLOWERS?!

hahahaha

shunzi is THREE-O-TWO?!?!
    hmmm.. guess who is the highest ranked player for liverpool in the actim index... Dirk Kuyt! Some more at No.2 overall... Anelka is no. 1 so it does make me rethink how good is the system..

18yrs old very weak at heart one ok!
    cheer up, we're gonna win the league..
    with lucas, babel, voronin and ngog!

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    cheer up, we're gonna win the league..
    with lucas, babel, voronin and ngog!

by the way, wigan beating villa at villa park!

chel$ki almost draw at home. kelong one.

manCiteh escaped with a 1-0 win.

by the way, wigan beating villa at villa park!
    Villa lost with your fave O'neill as their manager leh...LOL

My chix pox still itches me...but the season will start soon for LFC,i'm itching to shout,cheer & sing for LFC...

after 5 seasons of not losing an away game opener & narrowly missed being champion last season,i dont mind us losing tonite's game... if this means we will break the jinx and become champions when this season ends.

HAHAHAHA,u all think i want LFC to lose is it? SIAO people...LFC wont lose,the worst we'll draw & its not a shame if we get a draw there.

I'm sure Lucas will play tonite,infact he'll play a crucual role,maybe even score a goal or 2 making him the 2nd fave player after Kuyt for bro cheesecake...

Happy Sunday morning bros...YNWA

arse whacked 6...wow...but its the blue from Mersey...not the Red so who cares...
    Last edited by roDz; 16th August 2009 at 09:46 AM.

YAY! start of a new season. more blood please for cc and grumpy and so so..

Kittie will score! lucas will start!

look very likely. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    last time u were 3-0-2 ??
    no. i belif is jeff gorgor, melvin didi and redsun.

tonight wat time is the kickoff?

the F9 preview channel got show?

i think u need a brain check up. HAHAHHAHAHA

i think u need a brain check up. HAHAHHAHAHA
    Everybody STANDUP & be counted...

Must have confident lah...

YNWA