Thread: airline ticketing

Default airline ticketing

hmm I was wondering if anyone knows whether airlines fill up their seatings to the maximum capacity or keep a small portion of seats available (up to the day of travel)? Is travel destination considered a factor?

Default Re: airline ticketing

You mean buy at the airport and depart straight right?

actually must see when you are departing. Low perk or high perk periods

And load of the particular flight.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

I think Airlines sometimes overbook the number of seats on a flight, expecting some no-shows. Also, I think only some seats are allocated to travel agents, as they may not be able to access all the seats on a flight.

Airlines usually DO NOT overbook ... They will have cancel all bookings that have nt been ticketed 72hrs before flight time and then again 24 hours before flight. Nowadays, these are all controlled by computer ... very easy job.

The unsold seats are available at the airport counter ... but don't expect them to be discounted or cheap ... they are usually more expensive than buying from a travel agent. These are what they call "full fare tickets".

Airlines have access to all available inventory ... Allocated seats to the travel agent will be taken back if the agent cannot sell them by a certain due date ... long before flight day.

Destination will be a factor if you are asking weather the airlines fill up all their seats. If they can sell everything, obviously they will fill up all the seats ....
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

Now recession.

so i dont really expect much people to travel.

and H1N1.

Causing people to cancel travel plans like me.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)