Thread: Some food shots

Default Some food shots

Well, not exactly cooked food, but some capisicums in a bowl. Done in a "studio" with lights and all. Uncropped, and straight out of the cam. Rather liked the colors just as they were.

nice try. 2nd pic's a little under IMHO. try pulling the curves up a little . will enhance a lot of the colours too..

Thanks SniperD, what do you think of the black background?

for coloured food to appear vibrant, usually it's a very light coloured textile as background. But maybe black works for a certain theme you want to put across?

anyway, either way is good. OSo good to break the conventional unless client specifications
    You have managed to make the fruits looked delectable with a black bg so hey! not badz!

if this is your own set up, try playing around with gradual hues on your background to see what effect it has on the subjects

How did u get the black background? Did u take the pics gainst a black wall?

i just think that a white background will make the peppers more vibrant looking.... the black background gives out a dark tone in overall.

The black bg was made with a black cloth and black reflector placed behind the subject. I had done some apple shots earlier in the day with white bg, but found it to be somewhat conventional and unexciting. I wanted to create something more classy and modern with the capsicums hence the black bg. I guess more reflectors should have been used to light the front too. Anyway, thanks for the comments. If I get the chance, I will try other bg as well. There was also a suggestion to use lighting from the bottom of the bowl, which I think is a cool idea too.