Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using CPL

Default Re: Any suitable CPL for Canon lens EF 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by mindfulness View Post
    yes I don't see an urgent need to have a cpl. Should it be, it is preferable to remove the uv filter and then use just the cpl on the lens to prevent vignetting?
    That's what catchlights said with "it is not recommend to stack filter, it causes vignetting easily". If you do this a couple of times on a sunny day chances are that you will leave the UV at home or in the camera bag. Time consuming all this filter screwing - and in the end you might screw something else as well: the right moment, the filter too tight...

Quote Originally Posted by mindfulness View Post
    yes I don't see an urgent need to have a cpl. Should it be, it is preferable to remove the uv filter and then use just the cpl on the lens to prevent vignetting?
    yes, for two reasons :
    1) adding both UV and CPL together will have vignetting issue with short focal length especially the 12-24 wide angle lens and 18-200 mm Zoom lens.

2) Adding more filters will slightly degrade the sharpness and contrast of the image.

Blog Entries

Try not to screw more than one at any moment in time. Unless you are using Cokin holders, you can only still screw 1, but you can slot in many. heeeheee.

A long time back, I got lazy one time and added the C-PL ontop of the UV. The shots all came back super glaring. Shots all went into the trash folder. Pity...

Default Re: Using CPL

I just found out this.

It may be helpful for the new learner....

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam...polarizer.html

How to search .... type in Google "polarizer to remove reflection at 30 degree". Well it may not necessary be 30 degree as some suggests 33 and some suggest 30 to 40 degree... Flexible lah...
    Last edited by kutten; 17th August 2009 at 10:10 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123