Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Covering Paris in 4 days

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,828

    Arrow Covering Paris in 4 days

    I will be going for a short trip to Paris, but will only have 4 nights there. Can anyone recommend a list of attractions that is a must to shoot within these few days?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    17

    Default

    you can try the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Lourve, Montmartre and the Notre Dame to name a few ...

    hope the above will be a good starting guide for your planning ...

  3. #3

    Default

    If you love art and history, the Lourve should take a minimum of one full day. Its closed on Mondays so plan ahead.

    One full day for browsing and taking in the famous landmarks in Paris that Beeryguz has mentioned. Plan your route and end the day up the Eiffel tower at night.

    Montmarte is charming. Worth going. They have a Dali museum and street artists.

    Versailles is in the outskirts. Big open palace grounds to explore. Take a train. Should also be one full day.

    Save the last day to return to a favourite place.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limhousen
    If you love art and history, the Lourve should take a minimum of one full day. Its closed on Mondays so plan ahead.

    One full day for browsing and taking in the famous landmarks in Paris that Beeryguz has mentioned. Plan your route and end the day up the Eiffel tower at night.

    Montmarte is charming. Worth going. They have a Dali museum and street artists.

    Versailles is in the outskirts. Big open palace grounds to explore. Take a train. Should also be one full day.

    Save the last day to return to a favourite place.

    Thanks, is photo taking allowed in the Lourve?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoa_rs
    Thanks, is photo taking allowed in the Lourve?
    Yes, but no tripods.

    Strangely, painting easels are allowed ( there are amateur artists painting replicas of famous art pieces ).

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoa_rs
    I will be going for a short trip to Paris, but will only have 4 nights there. Can anyone recommend a list of attractions that is a must to shoot within these few days?
    Check this thread :

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ht=paris+loire

  7. #7

    Default

    If you like, u can check out my Paris travelogue...



    http://www.adamteo.com/travel/paris/

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    land of fish and chips
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoa_rs
    Thanks, is photo taking allowed in the Lourve?
    You should be able to get a good shot of Venus d'Milo however don't expect to get a photo of the Lisa painting because its nearly constantly surrounded by tourists snapping away and the excess flash ruins most pictures.

    Another good spot for taking pics is the Moulin Rouge building with its famous windmill exterior. Watch out for pickpockets in the area, as they do prey on oriental tourists.

    Finally I would recommend going for a boat trip on the river Seine, Paris has some very nice bridges and they can be great foreground in pictures of the Notre dame and Eiffel tower.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by futura
    You should be able to get a good shot of Venus d'Milo however don't expect to get a photo of the Lisa painting because its nearly constantly surrounded by tourists snapping away and the excess flash ruins most pictures.

    Another good spot for taking pics is the Moulin Rouge building with its famous windmill exterior. Watch out for pickpockets in the area, as they do prey on oriental tourists.

    Finally I would recommend going for a boat trip on the river Seine, Paris has some very nice bridges and they can be great foreground in pictures of the Notre dame and Eiffel tower.

    Thanks everyone, already returned from my trip. Did manage a few good shots but the weather was really bad this week.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •