Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: How to take shots for HDR??

  1. #1
    Member Maman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North east
    Posts
    76

    Default How to take shots for HDR??

    Hi guys, need help here on how do i take shots so that I can ps HDR later?? Do i do it manually or sequences shots ? Cos if do it manually i doubt i can get the same frame pic as the 1st and if I take sequences shot how do i adjust the wb?? a bit blur abt tis hope u guys can give advise, thanks.
    "Life's to Short to be Bored!!"

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Quote Originally Posted by Maman View Post
    Hi guys, need help here on how do i take shots so that I can ps HDR later?? Do i do it manually or sequences shots ? Cos if do it manually i doubt i can get the same frame pic as the 1st and if I take sequences shot how do i adjust the wb?? a bit blur abt tis hope u guys can give advise, thanks.
    There is many thread has been put up with the similar queries. Perhaps you should search first before posting?

  3. #3

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    1. Do a search on CS. Your question has been repeated many times before.
    2. Do a search on Google for " How to take shots for HDR" and start reading.
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Yes..its better to do some reading..tripod will helps u alot wif HDR shots.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Quote Originally Posted by Maman View Post
    Hi guys, need help here on how do i take shots so that I can ps HDR later?? Do i do it manually or sequences shots ? Cos if do it manually i doubt i can get the same frame pic as the 1st and if I take sequences shot how do i adjust the wb?? a bit blur abt tis hope u guys can give advise, thanks.
    Glad to know you're trying out HDR. But it'll be good for you to research first and ask more specific questions later so that we can all help you. Instead of spending time to write this thread, you could have already found 1,001 links via google already...just some food for thought. Stay
    Family | Health | Happy-ness. . . my Flickr here

  6. #6

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Quote Originally Posted by Maman View Post
    Hi guys, need help here on how do i take shots so that I can ps HDR later?? Do i do it manually or sequences shots ? Cos if do it manually i doubt i can get the same frame pic as the 1st and if I take sequences shot how do i adjust the wb?? a bit blur abt tis hope u guys can give advise, thanks.
    hai i just ate lunch and i feel happy so spoonfeed you this time.

    1) put camera on tripod
    2) use manual mode
    3) keep APERTURE, ISO, WB constant, bracket (i.e. shoot a variety of shutter speed settings, e.g. -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 , +3.. there is no hard and fast rule how much to shoot, but there is also no need to waste shutter count, after a while you can gauge)

    tadah.

    what is a sequence shot? you can use bracketing function, if your camera has it.

    that said, google is your best friend.

  7. #7

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Hi most DSLR will have the bracket function, where the camera will take 3 burst shots. eg at EV-1, 0, and +1 (you can change this to EV +-2 or whatever) While its best to have a tripod, you can still get usable pictures with the burst mode, as long as your hands aren't too shaky.

    Currently the best or most well known program for HDR is Photomatix (www.hdrsoft.com). Most of the HDR pics with that surreal, over saturated look are done by photomatix, although i think photoshop might be able to do it too.

    This should at least get you started. For more info, use our friendly bro Google

  8. #8

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Quote Originally Posted by LE0LE0 View Post
    Hi most DSLR will have the bracket function, where the camera will take 3 burst shots. eg at EV-1, 0, and +1 (you can change this to EV +-2 or whatever) While its best to have a tripod, you can still get usable pictures with the burst mode, as long as your hands aren't too shaky.

    Currently the best or most well known program for HDR is Photomatix (www.hdrsoft.com). Most of the HDR pics with that surreal, over saturated look are done by photomatix, although i think photoshop might be able to do it too.

    This should at least get you started. For more info, use our friendly bro Google
    If you set your strength level to <20, it would looks better more natural and be gentle with the saturation slider, then ur image will not be oversaturated..

  9. #9
    Member Maman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North east
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Ok guys will definately look up at google in future b4 asking. Thanks
    "Life's to Short to be Bored!!"

  10. #10

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Maybe just to share with you my experience. I only recently tried it. It is this part "EV settings, e.g. -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 , +3" that you will find on almost all the HDR guides you find on the Internet.

    Problem is they assume everyone knows what that means.

    In order to get exposure of -3, -2, ... +3, you need to change the shutter speed. I know that but I assume that my camera having EV compensation, I can used it. So I just changed the EV compensation and take it in M mode. The pictures all look roughly similar. EV compensation will only word in Av mode. (Aptitude)

    So if you are using M mode, you have to manually change the shutter speed. A cable release will help when taking with tripod. However if your camera have auto-bracketing function do use it. As to how to setup auto-bracketing. Do a search on you-tube. E.g. D300 bracketing for example.

    And try not to include moving subjects in your compensation e.g. tree moving in the wind for example unless it is absolutely needed for the kind of shots you want to take.

  11. #11

    Default Re: How to take shots for HDR??

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    1) put camera on tripod
    2) use manual mode
    3) keep APERTURE, ISO, WB constant, bracket (i.e. shoot a variety of shutter speed settings, e.g. -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 , +3.. there is no hard and fast rule how much to shoot, but there is also no need to waste shutter count, after a while you can gauge)
    You may ask "What shutter and aperture to set?" ...

    So use your favourite auto-exposure to meter the subject first and remember the settings. Then switch to manual mode and continue from step 3 above ... hope this helps.
    Nikon.D90 | Canon.S90 | Project 365

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •