Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airport Lounges around the world

Default Re: Airport Lounges around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    the SQ PPS first class section is always a fave,

esp incheon b4 the T3 one was built.

the other lounges are simply not up to mark, but maybe i prefer SQ more over other lounges.

Emirates first class lounge in the dubai int. airport is simply fabulous, another great lounge.
    emirates lounges all over the world are good, even the brisbane one

yes one of the few trusted one.

malaysia airlines do not deserve five-star from skytrax.

CX, SQ and emirates do.
    Pentax K-x

After you try the lounges in Japan, the T3 Gold lounge starts to look really basic...
    Not even a place to wash up....

But it was much better than the 6 seats and a few buns in the Kunming airport lounge for Silkair.... I guess you cannot expect that much in a regional airport.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

After you try the lounges in Japan, the T3 Gold lounge starts to look really basic...

But it was much better than the 6 seats and a few buns in the Kunming airport lounge for Silkair.... I guess you cannot expect that much in a regional airport.
    Yeah. Been to Narita in Tokyo, Kansai in Osaka and the Kunming ones. Really huge difference between those and Singapore's... The only worse one I have been to was in Cairo where their "best" lounge had 3 old sofas and stale bread. Not to mention the whole place being filled with cigeratte smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

T3 gold lounge, by that do you mean the star alliance gold?

sorry, never went to that before. usually use the business/first class lounge from SQ since i usually fly to SQ.

besides the new T3 SQ lounge, i think the best one is the one at incheon international airport.

it was even bigger then the T2 B/F Class lounge and had full facilities

only went there once, but rly enjoyed the experience.
    Pentax K-x

The Taipei lounge is not bad, showers and the double boiled chicken soup is good.
    I guess where they seperate out the various classes, the Gold class, which is the most basic, suffers....
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

The Taipei lounge is not bad, showers and the double boiled chicken soup is good.
    I guess where they seperate out the various classes, the Gold class, which is the most basic, suffers....
    yeah, just got back from Taipei, decent food and quite comfortable without overcrowding. I think in most situation for SQ, as long as it's SQ lounge and not shared lounge, the standard is usually alright.

The TG lounge in BKK and MH lounge in KLIA are quite good too. Like someone mentioned, the home lounges for the home airlines tend to be good. My vote also goes to the CX lounge in HK. The NZ lounge in Auckland though not strong in food, has got a great selection of wine.

My most frequented lounge must be the PPS lounge at T2 and T3. The only reason I like the PPS lounge at T2 is the smoking room. The SIA lounges overseas such as KL or Sydney are small and has a paltry selection of food and liquor. Haven't been to Mumbai for over 2 years but I don't have a pleasant memory of it when I was there last.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    yeah, just got back from Taipei, decent food and quite comfortable without overcrowding. I think in most situation for SQ, as long as it's SQ lounge and not shared lounge, the standard is usually alright.
    very true.

tokyo is the one of my fave lounge as they are very quiet and has good food (despite the range not being wide) but now they closed it and SQ BC/FC passengers have to go to the ANA or JAL lounge and i was rather dissapointed.

my dad tried to argue to bring my lil' sis in with me and him, and just as when my dad thought he said ok, he actually told my dad to dump my lil' sister outside. very unobliging, unlike SQ, where they will close one eye, esp with a small child.
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    very true.

tokyo is the one of my fave lounge as they are very quiet and has good food (despite the range not being wide) but now they closed it and SQ BC/FC passengers have to go to the ANA or JAL lounge and i was rather dissapointed.

my dad tried to argue to bring my lil' sis in with me and him, and just as when my dad thought he said ok, he actually told my dad to dump my lil' sister outside. very unobliging, unlike SQ, where they will close one eye, esp with a small child.
    Japanese follows rules religiously. I have had many problems with the ANA lounge door staffs. that said, the ANA lounges at Narita are nice.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

The KL lounge is a petite and simple affair, but quiet and if you get a window seat, its not too bad...
    Fast internet.

Just saw CH 8 - Inchon airport is tops - showers, internet etc are all free... and not just for Lounge members...
    A far cry I can tell you from Sydney, US and many other airports...

Kudos to the Koreans.

Just saw CH 8 - Inchon airport is tops - showers, internet etc are all free... and not just for Lounge members...

Kudos to the Koreans.
    hi, u mean it is for all visitors ?

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    hi, u mean it is for all visitors ?
    Yeah man....how's that!

my top 3:
    Cathay First Class, HK
    ANA Lounge First, Narita
    BA Galleries First, Johannesburg

imho the Kris Flyer Gold and Silver Kris lounges in T3 pale by comparison.

Kudos to the Koreans.
    Wow, didn't the they had that all free. I quite like the Asiana lounge there though, quite and spacious.

I do not use louge normally, even though I can do that. As a frequent flyer, I always can make my time in the airport just enough to check in, get through the custom and the security screen, without any rush. Only if the flight is delay after I arrive the airport, then I have no choice but stay in the lounge.
    No matter how good the louge is, after few timesv visit there, you won't like it anymore.

Lufthansa's lounge in frankfurt is lousy. too crowded. and no free internet the last time i was there, 6 months ago - which is pathetic.

The middle eastern airlines really know luxury, so they have the best lounges - unless they haven't been renovated in recent years. Ethihad airways has free Six Senses spa treatments for all lounge users. Now that's what I call good!

Went to the lounge at Kao Siong airport, service is very good. Food is limited thou...
    Olympus E-P2, M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm F2.8, M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6, FL-14 Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Harvard View Post
    I do not use louge normally, even though I can do that. As a frequent flyer, I always can make my time in the airport just enough to check in, get through the custom and the security screen, without any rush. Only if the flight is delay after I arrive the airport, then I have no choice but stay in the lounge.
    No matter how good the louge is, after few timesv visit there, you won't like it anymore.
    That is true if you're doing only direct flights, for multi segments it is nice to have some place to sit down and have a drink especially if it's a long layover.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast