Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HELP! Broke friend's tripod..

Default Re: HELP! Broke friend's tripod..

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee View Post
    No, cheapo tripods don't have removable heads.
    Yes they do.. not the standard screw though.. Just a piece of thick plastic that sits in the centre shaft tube. Although they are glued down, they _can_ be easily removed.

Quote Originally Posted by lilithfiend View Post
    hi everyone, just an update. i met my bf's dad over the weekend. i apologised and told him i broke his nikon tripod and gave him the slik f630 to replace. he told me to keep the slik for myself and that he's got other tripods. said "never mind, it's ok". then he proceeded to give/sell me his nikon d200 (to be paid on instalment basis)! complete with 18-200mm, drybox, batteries, bag etc. so now i officially have my own dslr! yay!

thanks to all who replied, your comments/suggestions have helped. also specifically, thanks to kennyhoe who offered to give me his nikon tripod foc.
    The D200 with the 18-200 can be quite heavy. Make sure the slik can take the weight and it's always advisable is to have one of the legs in the direction of the lens so that the entire setup will not topple towards the front no matter what tripod you use.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 6th August 2009 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    The D200 with the 18-200 can be quite heavy. Make sure the slik can take the weight and it's always advisable is to have one of the legs in the direction of the lens so that the entire setup will not topple towards the front no matter what tripod you use.
    noted, thanks for the tip!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345