27th July 2009, 07:39 PM
<< Photoscholar.com >> PORTRAIT Bootcamp < 10 August Monday, 10am - 7pm >
a one-day intensive workshop covers both studio & environment portraiture work
Date: 10 August, Monday
Time: 10am - 6pm
Classroom: The Riverwalk,
20 Upper Circular Road
Centrally located along the Singapore River, in between Clarke Quay
and Boat Quay
Opposite Clarke Quay MRT station (2mins across)
10mins walk from Raffles Place MRT & 2 bus-stops away from City Hall MRT.
Studio: 32B South Bridge Road
Just across the road from our classroom building
- Learn the fundamentals & techniques of portraiture photography in one day!
- from 10am morning to 6pm evening
- three hours of intensive theory & aesthetics lesson with four solid hours of practical shooting and exercise
- covers both studio work and on-location work for portraiture photography
- learn how to hide the flaws of different individuals and enhance their better features, in short, to bring out the best look of all.
- learn how to direct and pose your models and subjects. Most workshops don't teach this as it's a difficult topic. We are good at it
- covers a crash course on essential photoshop techniques for portraiture work
- studio course covers a crash course on "One Light Only" studio techniques. Participants are encouraged to take the STUDIO BOOTCAMP for a more thorough understanding of OLO techniques instead.
Class size: max 8 persons
min 3 to start
S$350 per person
(for those who joins the group with models provided)
S$250 per person
(for those who prefer to bring their own friends as models and willing to share models within the group)
Early Bird Discount - $10 less if you sign up by 4thAugust
Bring a friend discount - S$10 if you get a friend to join too.
Our instructors have extensive professional experience in shooting portraits for editorial, journalism, magazine and corporate clients.
They have photographed unique and famous individuals such as Lee Kuan Yew, Taufik Bautisah, TV celebrities, singers and musicians, entrepreneurs etc.
pls refer to portfolio reference below.
Here's the timetable for our bootcamp on 10 August 2009, Monday
10am - 11am
Introduction & Theory lesson at our classroom @ The Riverwalk
11am - 12pm
Demonstration of Studio techniques & how to direct or interact with your portrait subject/model
12pm - 3pm
Two hours of studio practice time and one hour of lunch time
Participants will break into two groups to alternate between shooting time and lunch.
4pm - 6pm
Outdoor practices for environmental portraits
For enquiries, pls email to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information will be posted to this thread soon, pls stay tuned.
email us at email@example.com with your
name and contact no.
you will receive a reply with payment details