Thread: Looking for (Sports) Earphones for running

Default Looking for (Sports) Earphones for running

Hello,

I'm starting to get back to my running routines, and is starting to hit 5km now. In Singapore, I used to have running partner(s), so running 10km was a bit more fun then. And when I run at East Coast, it is easy on the eyes (the sea-view, not the babes!) But where I work now, running doesn't seem to be the 'in' thing and the city is dull and grey, so it gets 'boring' on those long distances with no music....

I have an ipod shuffle, but the earphones that come with it, is not suitable to go running with. I'm of course doing my own homework by searching/googling, but it will be great if someone out there can also give some advise and share their experiences or opinions of the type of 'sports earphones' they go running with.

Thanks in advance!
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Default Re: Looking for (Sports) Earphones for running

Maybe can try those hook-on types, Sony has quite a series. Those ear plug types are not recommended as I read in a sports mag that the plugging of the ear prevents heat from escaping from your ear drums, and that might cause some runners to experience headaches during running. But I guess that might be depending on individuals as well

I have this, nike vapor flight earphone!
    so far no complains, 3 adjustable way for own comfort..
    you can goggle it up...
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

Thanks HeiPiGu (Black Buttocks?) for the quick reply. Will check the SONY too...

I googled and found this one to be pretty good...

Sennheiser PMX 80 Sport II
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Thanks tammyt, these look good too!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    I have this, nike vapor flight earphone!
    so far no complains, 3 adjustable way for own comfort..
    you can goggle it up...

I use ear buds cause they fit well and are noise isolating. But also for the latter that I jog only at stadiums or parks. Tried neckbands and ear clips types but they just feel weird.. for me at least.

my greatest concern is if the earphones are waterproof, owing to the amount of pespiration I excrete when I'm exercising. I'm like an oversoaked towel that is dripping, and have spoilt two earphones so far due to the thingamajig getting water damage.

chicken fight!