View Poll Results: Do you 'baby' your equipment?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes of course! I will start weeping and tearing my hair out if I ever see as much as a tiny scratch on my gear!!

41 21.69%
  • Yes, generally take good care of it, but one or two scratches or dings is nothing to lose sleep about

113 59.79%
  • No, as long as it works, who cares if its banged-up a little?

25 13.23%
  • My gear looks like its been through a few wars (and then some)

10 5.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do your 'baby' your equipment?

err....i just told my SB800 today when introducing it to the rest..."welcome to the family!"

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Definitely worth much more than that lar. Provided the optics are still in very good condition and the lens still works perfectly. Its 'L' u know... And L lenses are built to withstand punishing use from PJs and sports photographers. As sehsuan had illustrated the point in his pics...
    Well you also own a L my friend but don't seems to use it like what a L should be used for !
    http://www.avianwatchasia.org for some real bird photos
    My website : http://www.gorgeousfeathers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin
    Being too careful takes the fun out of everything in life.

Taking good care is a definite must, especially sensitive equipment like cameras/lens. I'm not asking you to throw/trash the equipment around, but do be careful thats all.

If a person is so obessed by the fact that he has already spent loads of money on expensive equipment and end up being too obsessed with caring the equipment so that he can resell them later, then will he be able to go out and enjoy photography with peace of mind ? Go figure.

Being too careful at times can cause even more accidents....because your mind is concentrating on the thought that you've to protect the equipment....

Relax and the world will be with you.

Money is of course important, but you should know that getting into DSLR game is going into an bottomless pit.

Just make sure you're enjoying every moment of it and not worry about losing a screw, scratching your tripod or getting dust on UV filters.
    Agred on "....Being too careful at times can cause even more accidents"
    Imagine you juz bought a Ferrari and u drive at 60kmph on the Expressway Well..u can avoid a high speed collision by being extra careful but most likely u will be hit by the lorry

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpawN
    Agred on "....Being too careful at times can cause even more accidents"
    Imagine you juz bought a Ferrari and u drive at 60kmph on the Expressway Well..u can avoid a high speed collision by being extra careful but most likely u will be hit by the lorry
    Good one there ReSpawN.
    I seen people using the air blower like a hair dryer just to blow one tiny speck of dust, which seems to irritate the hell out of the photographer...
    http://www.avianwatchasia.org for some real bird photos
    My website : http://www.gorgeousfeathers.com

halo~

i am a beginner in photography. may i know how does you guys clean up equipments? i roughly knows how to keep, but have no idea of how to clean the camera body. does water work?

thanks for reading up~
    ^.^pshing

Quote Originally Posted by pshing
    halo~

i am a beginner in photography. may i know how does you guys clean up equipments? i roughly knows how to keep, but have no idea of how to clean the camera body. does water work?

thanks for reading up~
    ^.^pshing
    Aye bro try not use water la unless camera very oily or stained, even so use a slightly moist cloth to wipe it can liao.. not dripping wet cloth!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123