Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: HDB Photo Competion

  1. #1

    Default HDB Photo Competion

    HDB Photography Competition 2009

    24 Seven Heartland Beat
    is a nationwide photography competition capture interresting and captivating prespectives of life in the HDB heartland at any time of the day

    Submit your entry and stand a chance to win Nikon photograpgic equiptment and cash prizes!


    http://www.hdbphotocompetition.sg/ph...ompetition.php

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yishun ~!
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    thanks! been looking for this for a while!
    my humble and growing deviant art
    joyxsoul.deviantart.com/

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jalan Poonpipi
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Another photo competition with a dumb submission system.

    Cut a CD and then, got to either bring it there or send it off by post.

    In this digital age and broadband connectivity, entries is best sent via email together with the entry forms etc.

    Even if I have got a few pictures, I am too lazy to do a CD and then, take the trouble to put it in a protective envelop and send it off.

    Imagine if you're say in Canada and you got to travel 50miles to the post office.....
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

  4. #4

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Another photo competition with a dumb submission system.

    Cut a CD and then, got to either bring it there or send it off by post.

    In this digital age and broadband connectivity, entries is best sent via email together with the entry forms etc.

    Even if I have got a few pictures, I am too lazy to do a CD and then, take the trouble to put it in a protective envelop and send it off.

    Imagine if you're say in Canada and you got to travel 50miles to the post office.....
    But no choice for us, I thought that they want to be safety of cd and form paper but internet is dangerous because have hacker or an infection. So they don't want it and don't make trouble. I think so.
    Enjoy to take photo anywhere.

  5. #5

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    And the best thing about this competition is that HDB gets to use every
    image submitted ?

    See point 6a & 6b of Rules and Regulations:
    http://www.hdbphotocompetition.sg/rules-regulations.php

    • By entering this competition, each participant:


      • warrants that he/ she owns the image(s) submitted, that the whole
        copyright in the image(s) submitted is vested in him/ her, that the image(s) are
        not defamatory, obscene or offensive to any culture or religion and where the
        image(s) was commissioned for business or private purposes, the image(s) is
        submitted with the permission of the person who commissioned it.

      • agrees that HDB may, at any time whether during or after the competition, reproduce,
        distribute or publish their photo image(s) submitted for the competition whether for
        promotional or any purpose whatsoever in either electronic or print format and whether
        online or in any media including but not limited to exhibitions, galleries of any description
        or any publication, without payment or compensation to the participants.

      • shall grant to HDB a non-exclusive, sub-licensable and perpetual licence to use,
        reproduce or modify in any way which HDB deems fit all the images submitted in the
        competition, without HDB having to pay any royalty, fee or charge whatsoever
        therefore.

      • agree to the public disclosure by HDB of their names and identification numbers.


    [ Flickr ]

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcs View Post
    And the best thing about this competition is that HDB gets to use every
    image submitted ?

    See point 6a & 6b of Rules and Regulations:
    http://www.hdbphotocompetition.sg/rules-regulations.php

    • By entering this competition, each participant:


      • warrants that he/ she owns the image(s) submitted, that the whole
        copyright in the image(s) submitted is vested in him/ her, that the image(s) are
        not defamatory, obscene or offensive to any culture or religion and where the
        image(s) was commissioned for business or private purposes, the image(s) is
        submitted with the permission of the person who commissioned it.

      • agrees that HDB may, at any time whether during or after the competition, reproduce,
        distribute or publish their photo image(s) submitted for the competition whether for
        promotional or any purpose whatsoever in either electronic or print format and whether
        online or in any media including but not limited to exhibitions, galleries of any description
        or any publication, without payment or compensation to the participants.

      • shall grant to HDB a non-exclusive, sub-licensable and perpetual licence to use,
        reproduce or modify in any way which HDB deems fit all the images submitted in the
        competition, without HDB having to pay any royalty, fee or charge whatsoever
        therefore.

      • agree to the public disclosure by HDB of their names and identification numbers.


    Haiz... trying to stinge on professional fees
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  7. #7

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Another photo competition with a dumb submission system.

    Cut a CD and then, got to either bring it there or send it off by post.

    In this digital age and broadband connectivity, entries is best sent via email together with the entry forms etc.

    Even if I have got a few pictures, I am too lazy to do a CD and then, take the trouble to put it in a protective envelop and send it off.

    Imagine if you're say in Canada and you got to travel 50miles to the post office.....
    Dumb??? your words are really harsh,u made me laugh when i read ur comment ...btw so are u saying u are staying in Canada? dun worri, this is Singapore you no need to travel 50 miles, at most less than 1km you can find a postbox http://www.street-directory.com/sing...categories=PBL

  8. #8

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    Haiz... trying to stinge on professional fees
    at least it's not $50....

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jalan Poonpipi
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tay76101 View Post
    But no choice for us, I thought that they want to be safety of cd and form paper but internet is dangerous because have hacker or an infection. So they don't want it and don't make trouble. I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollin View Post
    Dumb??? your words are really harsh,u made me laugh when i read ur comment ...btw so are u saying u are staying in Canada? dun worri, this is Singapore you no need to travel 50 miles, at most less than 1km you can find a postbox http://www.street-directory.com/sing...categories=PBL
    Ever heard of Norton, McAfee, AVG....... ad infinitum.

    We have e-banking, e-submission/application for CPF, HDB, MOM,.......etc. Almost every govt department has some form of e-transaction, submission etc.

    If I remember correctly, Canon photo competition is by e-submission. You submit a small image size pic to them. Only those short listed as finalist need to submit their full-res file.

    When I used the word "dumb", it might be somewhat heavy, harsh and impolite. If I were to do it again, I would say "archaic" or "primitive". I suppose these are more suitable words in this context.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Send via CD-ROM in person or post... why? Coz

    Images can be in colour or monochrome. All entries shall be submitted in JPEG format with minimal compression, at least 3000 pixels on the long side.
    Read it yourself. They want full Hi-res images. So they can use it right away and do not want lousy images to clog up their email system...

  11. #11
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,571

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcs View Post
    [list][*]By entering this competition, each participant:


    [list][*]warrants that he/ she owns the image(s) submitted, that the whole
    copyright in the image(s) submitted is vested in him/ her, that the image(s) are
    not defamatory, obscene or offensive to any culture or religion and where the
    image(s) was commissioned for business or private purposes, the image(s) is
    submitted with the permission of the person who commissioned it
    .
    Does this means that there is a need for model release?
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  12. #12
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Its a cheap attempt to update their image library. Why bother really?

  13. #13
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Ever heard of Norton, McAfee, AVG....... ad infinitum.

    We have e-banking, e-submission/application for CPF, HDB, MOM,.......etc. Almost every govt department has some form of e-transaction, submission etc.

    If I remember correctly, Canon photo competition is by e-submission. You submit a small image size pic to them. Only those short listed as finalist need to submit their full-res file.

    When I used the word "dumb", it might be somewhat heavy, harsh and impolite. If I were to do it again, I would say "archaic" or "primitive". I suppose these are more suitable words in this context.

    This is lame!!!

    Getting nice people like us to take part and submit our best photos for their publicity for free. And to make it look super cheapo...getting sponsors to give out yesterday's model as top prize.

    What more??? We got to spend electricity to burn one CD and spend some more money on stamps.

    "La Fontaine" is being super polite for calling it dumb. I call it super clever. Clever to get something for nothing.

    Time to scoop...photo taking time in my backyard.

  14. #14

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post

    This is lame!!!

    Getting nice people like us to take part and submit our best photos for their publicity for free. And to make it look super cheapo...getting sponsors to give out yesterday's model as top prize.

    What more??? We got to spend electricity to burn one CD and spend some more money on stamps.

    "La Fontaine" is being super polite for calling it dumb. I call it super clever. Clever to get something for nothing.

    Time to scoop...photo taking time in my backyard.

    hello d90/d300 are not phase out model. +3k price money.
    say u get a d300 +3k price money...u can easily buy a 70-200 2.8 vr with ur 3k cash!. might not be alot to use...but to noobies like us thats smth!
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  15. #15

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by richardg View Post
    HDB Photography Competition 2009

    Submit your entry and stand a chance to win Nikon photograpgic equiptment and cash prizes!


    http://www.hdbphotocompetition.sg/ph...ompetition.php

    I've heard of HDR, but what is HDB? And what is "photograpgic equiptment"?

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jollin View Post
    at least it's not $50....
    Totally agree, the prize is quite good!
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by memorylane View Post
    I've heard of HDR, but what is HDB? And what is "photograpgic equiptment"?
    HDB is called Housing & Development Board
    photographic equipment are your photography items? EG: Camera, Lenses
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  18. #18
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    whats the theme again?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Its a cheap attempt to update their image library. Why bother really?
    The problem is these days *very* few competitions are not essentially rights grabs.

    And I suppose the bigger problem is there are plenty of people happy to give their images away which means it's very unlikely to change.

  20. #20
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: HDB Photo Competion

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    Does this means that there is a need for model release?
    no, they didn't mention model release,

    as long the people appear in the photos are not defamatory, obscene or offensive to any culture or religion.

    so long is safe to use, they are fine with it
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •