Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSLR brand equivalent

Default Re: DSLR brand equivalent

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    anybody can help to list what are the equivalent specs for different brand ie:canon 500D=>Nikon D5000=>Sony A330...etc...
    actually iam looking to find out whether a Nikon D300 is equivalent to Canon 50D...
    but since iam on this topic,i try my luck to see if anybody can give a more complete list of most of the brands..
    appreciate those who gave constructive response...
    while those who post just for the sake of posting or trying to show something,i suggest u better keep shut as u are not helping someone who needs help..
    Wah friend... you are being too antagonistic leh.
    You ask such a vague question, then expect really helpful answers? There are a lot of helpful ppl on clubsnap, but doesn't mean you should expect them to list out all the specs and do a side-by-side comparison of the 3 cameras you mentioned. That's what the people at sites like dpreview are for. After all, they are PAID to do such things.
    Think twice before you post. Try not to use angry phrases like 'keep shut'...

as an aside... you notice that your 1st and 2nd posts are about different cameras. How to read your mind and figure out what you want?
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    There are faaar too many to list... What have you come up with so far from your own research?

Also, the ranking will change on the preference of a user; i.e., how highly to you rate LiveView? What about video? What's more important to you, clean high ISO or high details at lower ISO?

In my case for example, given my tastes and requirements... I want a photographic tool, with gimmicks like LV and Video given a low ranking, and resolution as highest. I almost *never* shoot at ISO 800 or higher. But I do find tilting LCD screens very very handy. Also, I haven't researched and used the Pentax/Olympus cameras enough to know exactly where to put them, so for me:

(ranked from lowest to highest)
    Entry-level:
    D40/D40X/D60/1000D/450D/D5000/A200/A230/D90/A350/A380/A300/500D/A330

Mid-range:
    40D/50D/A700/D300 (you'll also notice this scales very similar with price)

High-end:
    D700/5DMkII/D3/1DsMkIII/A900/D3x

But if things like Live view and video are important, or you care less/more about tilting screens, or "clean" high ISO is more important to you, then everything gets re-sorted again.

So as you can see, it's impossible to come up with a definitive list because everyone's requirements and tastes are different. You need to come up with a list on your own, by doing your own research.

actually i did look up on wiki for some info...
    but the range stated are like entry level,mid range,highend,flagship..
    however i notice for example highend models for canon are 50D and 5D while Nikon are d300 and D700,but then i believe its more general because the price for the D300 and D700, 5D and 50D ..differs alot...

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Wah friend... you are being too antagonistic leh.
    You ask such a vague question, then expect really helpful answers? There are a lot of helpful ppl on clubsnap, but doesn't mean you should expect them to list out all the specs and do a side-by-side comparison of the 3 cameras you mentioned. That's what the people at sites like dpreview are for. After all, they are PAID to do such things.
    Think twice before you post. Try not to use angry phrases like 'keep shut'...

as an aside... you notice that your 1st and 2nd posts are about different cameras. How to read your mind and figure out what you want?

hi friend,if people does not understand my question,they can choose to ignore my post..
    iam not asking members to list out the specs here..and i definitley did not expect them to do so...just hope someone who is helpful enough to help list out the "models vs models" comparison..afterall,its a forum that we share and learn things together..
    and i did think twice before posting..however,i wonder those whose replies are not direct to my question think twice before posting??
    thank you..

however i notice for example highend models for canon are 50D and 5D while Nikon are d300 and D700,but then i believe its more general because the price for the D300 and D700, 5D and 50D ..differs alot...
    50D and D300 are not high end models. Also, don't believe what you read on wiki.
    Alpha

That's why I mentioned, a good gauge is the price range and what you can get in that similar price bracket. If you really want to compare features and value for money, I think at this moment in time, I would rate the Sony A900 as the most value for money because it's 24MP full frame at a fraction of the price of what Canon EOS1DsMkIII and Nikon D3X offers.

When buying a DSLR, it's buying into an entire system, so it's definitely not sufficient to compare just the camera itself.

When you compare D300, D700 and 50D, 5D, you'll also have to understand that the sensor size for D700 and 5D are larger than the sensor size for D300 and 50D, which explains their price difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12