Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Recommend P&S Cam

  1. #1

    Smile Recommend P&S Cam

    Hi guys,

    I'm a complete newbie in digital photography. Recently got fasincated by wonders of photography by all the nice digicams available in the market. Hand itchy want to get myself one to play around :P I'm not intending to learn a lot of skills and techniques and become a pro due to my busy work schedule, but I would love to pick up photography bit by bit, hope to get some support from u guys

    Since it is my first digicam, I would like to impress my family members with a easy to use P&S cam, yet I'm also aware of the capabilities of manual operations. Budget would be between $500 to $800.

    Based on my brief research, Canon A70/80, Nikon 3100/3700 and Casio QV-R40 seemed to be some of the suitable candidates.Therefore I would like to seek some advice from u ppl. Many thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore, East
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Canon A70/A80 is a very good DC to start with..!!

    cheers!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    Canon A70/A80 is a very good DC to start with..!!

    cheers!
    Thanks for the tip! Anymore advice from the rest?

  4. #4

    Default

    Hi Tuckson,

    In my own opinion, for the THREE brands mentioned, I'll either go for the Canon or Nikon, as they're the strong players in the camera industry for a very long time.

    Hope it helps.

    Cheers!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotorthrust
    Hi Tuckson,

    In my own opinion, for the THREE brands mentioned, I'll either go for the Canon or Nikon, as they're the strong players in the camera industry for a very long time.

    Hope it helps.

    Cheers!
    Thanks for the advice

  6. #6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    Canon A70/A80 is a very good DC to start with..!!

    cheers!
    Ever since from Canon A40, their A series cam has not disappoint us.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revenant
    Ever since from Canon A40, their A series cam has not disappoint us.
    Roger that. Thanks!

    Between A70 and A80 which would u guys recommend to start off with?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir
    Posts
    395

    Default

    no money A70..or even A60
    got money A80
    beri similar cameras except the the megapixels

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon
    Roger that. Thanks!

    Between A70 and A80 which would u guys recommend to start off with?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    Canon A70/A80 is a very good DC to start with..!!

    cheers!
    i second that....
    im a nikon user though but do not really like the consumer digicams...

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks for the advice guys
    While considering A70/A80, iXUS also came into my attention. What are the trade offs of getting a sleeker iXUS besides less manual operations?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    79

    Default Buying a Digicam

    Hi! I'm a newbie n i need to get a reasonably gd digital cam...i hav a 3.1 megapixel BENQ at home which costs $130 n doesn't work well. I'm thinking of getting a Canon a70 or a80...anyone knows where is the cheapest place to get it?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdwhiz1188
    Hi! I'm a newbie n i need to get a reasonably gd digital cam...i hav a 3.1 megapixel BENQ at home which costs $130 n doesn't work well. I'm thinking of getting a Canon a70 or a80...anyone knows where is the cheapest place to get it?
    AP, CP, MS Color.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    79

    Default Photo printer

    Hiz, any idea how much a Card Photo Printer CP-300/200 costs?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    79

    Default LATEST a70 price

    Hi! I just got a quotation from MS Colour.

    Canon a70 ---$490
    Canon a80 ---$630

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir
    Posts
    395

    Default

    with or without gst?

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdwhiz1188
    Hi! I just got a quotation from MS Colour.

    Canon a70 ---$490
    Canon a80 ---$630

  16. #16

    Default

    Though i am a Nikon user
    for P&S i will fancy the CANON A-series (A70 or A80) or iXUS series
    currently still using my V3
    just recommend 2 friends to buy the A70 and they love it (its so easy to use and can add accessories somemore, which iXUS series can't unless u get adpater from overseas)
    Last edited by tangoninazero; 22nd December 2003 at 10:11 PM.
    10-20,18-70,18-200,50,80-200,70-300

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •